Unable to start with video card

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to start with video card

Post by barbsprangs on Fri 29 Dec 2017, 16:53

Hello, I've been playing Sims 4 fine with no problems, but after installing Cats & Dogs I get the message

"Unable to start:
Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system. Please check that the video card meets the minimum specifications and that the latest video drivers are installed.
[0e6d1221:1df4e8dc:80010003:00000000]"

I've played plenty before with no problem, and checked that the latest drivers are installed, even uninstalling and reinstalling them. So I'm a little unsure of why this is happening?

edit*:  This is from the config.log file, in the graphics device info section, if it's any help.

Number:          0
Name (driver):   Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
Name (database): 4th Gen Intel(R) Core processor graphics HD 4400 - Mobile Haswell - ULT GT2 [Found: 1, Supported: 1]
Vendor:          Intel
Chipset:         Vendor: 8086, Device: 0a16, Board: f9201179, Chipset: 000b
Driver:          igdumdim64.dll, Version: 20.19.15.4624, GUID: D7B78E66-4956-11CF-D960-2FD9B7C2D935
Driver version:  4624
Monitor:         \\.\DISPLAY2
Texture memory:  112MB
Vertex program:  3.0
Pixel program:   3.0
Hardware TnL:    1
Opt. features:   +sab +a8l8 +rgba16f +r32f +bc4 +bc5 -rawz +intz

Last edited by barbsprangs on Fri 29 Dec 2017, 18:21; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added graphics device info section)
barbsprangs
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 4
Female Posts : 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unable to start with video card

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 30 Dec 2017, 20:00

Hello and welcome to the Forum @barbsprangs,

It is possible (or even likely) that your graphics card is not supported anymore. As with the release of the newest DLC "Cats & Dogs", the system requirements have been increased. See here:
https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/cats-and-dogs-faq#q5

At this point I can't really offer another solution, other than maybe playing the game on another (stronger) computer, if you can. I'm sorry.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac, Military strategy games (Darkest Hour, Hearts of Iron, Arsenal of Democracy, etc.)
Male Posts : 14984

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum