Change installation location

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Change installation location

Post by Chocolatte on Sat 30 Dec 2017, 03:06

I am going through the installation but it says its installing on my C drive which is extremely low on GB but I want to install it on my D drive is there anyway to do this?

btw sorry if this is in the wrong location
Chocolatte
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3
Male Posts : 5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Change installation location

Post by Dandelion on Sat 30 Dec 2017, 11:35

With the G4TW downloads you have to install the base game in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4.
When that is completed you can move the Sims 4 folder to a location on your D; drive and continue installation of the DLC's on that new directory.

Dandelion
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 30 Dec 2017, 16:50

@Chocolatte wrote:I am going through the installation but it says its installing on my C drive which is extremely low on GB but I want to install it on my D drive is there anyway to do this?

btw sorry if this is in the wrong location

Hello @Chocolatte,

You can install the games elsewhere, but if you use G4TW's torrents, you must create install folders manually and before you install anything. See the post here for a possible way to do this:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t19680-a-note-on-installing-the-sims-3-on-external-drives

Good luck!

Note that by default your savefiles and mods/CC will still be located under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW, Site navigation & Support, if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum topic!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.
Male Posts : 16059

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum