Age of Empire Granny Error.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Age of Empire Granny Error.

Post by abhas2695 on Thu 04 Jan 2018, 17:13

I installed age of empires 3 and all its expansions but while trying to run the game i firstly got the error for  granny2.dll / rockalldll.dll / binkw32.dll  as missing and after i downloaded these 3 files and pasted it to the sysyem 32 and the game directory i am getting this error now "the procedure entry point GrannyPWNGT34332VertexType could not be located in the dynamic link library granny2.dll D:\Program......" please admin or anyone out there help me fix it

abhas2695
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Call of duty advanced warfare

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Age of Empire Granny Error.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 12 Jan 2018, 19:05

@abhas2695 wrote:I installed age of empires 3 and all its expansions but while trying to run the game i firstly got the error for  granny2.dll / rockalldll.dll / binkw32.dll  as missing and after i downloaded these 3 files and pasted it to the sysyem 32 and the game directory i am getting this error now "the procedure entry point GrannyPWNGT34332VertexType could not be located in the dynamic link library granny2.dll D:\Program......" please admin or anyone out there help me fix it

Hello and welcome to the Forum @abhas2695,

Sorry for the belated reply as well; the Forum had been inactive for a while and we are slowly trying to get back on track. If you still needed help for that...have you made sure to download and install all available Windows updates?

Also, I don't have the .rar for AOE3 at hand right now, but I'm almost sure there is a folder somewhere that is called vcredist or something like that. Inside there should be .exe files, for Microsoft C++ runtimes. Please look for such a folder, and then run these files. Follow the on-screen instruction for installing those Microsoft C++ runtimes, and then try the game again.

Good luck!

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW, Site navigation & Support, if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum topic!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.
Male Posts : 16064

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by abhas2695 on Sun 14 Jan 2018, 12:03

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@abhas2695 wrote:I installed age of empires 3 and all its expansions but while trying to run the game i firstly got the error for  granny2.dll / rockalldll.dll / binkw32.dll  as missing and after i downloaded these 3 files and pasted it to the sysyem 32 and the game directory i am getting this error now "the procedure entry point GrannyPWNGT34332VertexType could not be located in the dynamic link library granny2.dll D:\Program......" please admin or anyone out there help me fix it

Hello and welcome to the Forum @abhas2695,

Sorry for the belated reply as well; the Forum had been inactive for a while and we are slowly trying to get back on track. If you still needed help for that...have you made sure to download and install all available Windows updates?

Also, I don't have the .rar for AOE3 at hand right now, but I'm almost sure there is a folder somewhere that is called vcredist or something like that. Inside there should be .exe files, for Microsoft C++ runtimes. Please look for such a folder, and then run these files. Follow the on-screen instruction for installing those Microsoft C++ runtimes, and then try the game again.

Good luck!

abhas2695
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by abhas2695 on Sun 14 Jan 2018, 12:04

there's no folder of such name though i am pretty sure i have the microsoft c++ visual runtime cause i have a lot of games which uses it.

abhas2695
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 14 Jan 2018, 20:10

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW, Site navigation & Support, if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum topic!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by abhas2695 on Sun 14 Jan 2018, 20:18

It's still ain't working having the same error

abhas2695
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 14 Jan 2018, 20:21

I'm afraid there is not much else I can say, but maybe this here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t20398-the-procedure-entry-point-____-could-not-be-located-msvcp120-dll-is-missing

This is written for The Sims 4 but look a bit, and you should see links for the C++ 2010 and 2008. Please try downloading and installing these, and report back. Smile

Admittedly I have not tested the game in a long time (last time I did was many years ago on Windows 7).

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by abhas2695 on Sun 14 Jan 2018, 20:32

i tried even that but still receiving the same error i have played AOE 3 before but this time after many years i wanted to play with all the expansions but stuck at the error Why God. Why God.

abhas2695
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 14 Jan 2018, 20:38

Another theory, which worked for me in another older game (tested this on GTA: San Andreas, which I recently installed on my Windows 8.1. system):

Go to Control Panel -> Programs -> Programs and Features -> Turn Windows features on or off. In the next window, unfold the "Legacy components"-folder, and MARK the box "Direct Play". Click on OK after that.

I don't know whether a re-boot is necessary after that, but feel free to try it.

That's all I can say for now - good luck ! 

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum