Issue with last update

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Issue with last update

Post by Huo-Yana on Sun 14 Jan 2018, 12:23

Hello!
First of all I want to thank you for posting every single update of the game, you're doing an amazing job!

However, I'm having problems making the last update work. When I get in the game, it tells me " Download in progress ".
I figured out that I did something wrong while installing it, but I don't know what I did wrong. I had all expansions downloaded up to Cats & Dogs and it was working fine. So I downloaded the 1.37.35.1010 Update, replaced the files and the Game folder.

Can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thank you in advance for your answer!
avatar
Huo-Yana
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Final Fantasy 10, Tales of Berseria, Tales of Symphonia
Female Posts : 3
Points : 46
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-01-14
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Issue with last update

Post by Loonieloose on Sun 14 Jan 2018, 13:44


Loonieloose
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 4
Female Posts : 566
Points : 1540
Reputation : 99
Join date : 2015-10-21
Location : Somewhere in Southern Africa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Issue with last update

Post by Tarac on Sun 14 Jan 2018, 16:37

Download in progress:
You have the latest Game folder but not all DLC's installed.
The Sims 4 then states that it will download the missing contents which of course will never happen.
avatar
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2429
Points : 4541
Reputation : 403
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 74
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile https://forumpages.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Issue with last update

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 14 Jan 2018, 20:04

@Huo-Yana wrote:Hello!
First of all I want to thank you for posting every single update of the game, you're doing an amazing job!

However, I'm having problems making the last update work. When I get in the game, it tells me " Download in progress ".
I figured out that I did something wrong while installing it, but I don't know what I did wrong. I had all expansions downloaded up to Cats & Dogs and it was working fine. So I downloaded the 1.37.35.1010 Update, replaced the files and the Game folder.

Can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thank you in advance for your answer!

Hello and welcome to the Forum @Huo-Yana,

Thanks to the Windows operating system, it can happen that files are simply not being recognized, due to file permission errors. Check this out:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t30063-game-data-incomplete-possible-fix

I had the issue myself, but I can't remember anymore what I did to "trigger" it. I eventually looked at the worlds which were missing (you can determine that by trying to MOVE your sim, to another world), and from there re-applied the missing packs , that have those missing worlds.

Can you tell us which neighborhoods are present in-game (and which are missing)? Smile

_________________



G4TW Forum Rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac, Military strategy games (Darkest Hour, Hearts of Iron, Arsenal of Democracy, etc.), Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 15361
Points : 20409
Reputation : 2176
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Issue with last update

Post by Huo-Yana on Thu 18 Jan 2018, 18:34

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@Huo-Yana wrote:Hello!
First of all I want to thank you for posting every single update of the game, you're doing an amazing job!

However, I'm having problems making the last update work. When I get in the game, it tells me " Download in progress ".
I figured out that I did something wrong while installing it, but I don't know what I did wrong. I had all expansions downloaded up to Cats & Dogs and it was working fine. So I downloaded the 1.37.35.1010 Update, replaced the files and the Game folder.

Can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thank you in advance for your answer!

Hello and welcome to the Forum @Huo-Yana,

Thanks to the Windows operating system, it can happen that files are simply not being recognized, due to file permission errors. Check this out:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t30063-game-data-incomplete-possible-fix

I had the issue myself, but I can't remember anymore what I did to "trigger" it. I eventually looked at the worlds which were missing (you can determine that by trying to MOVE your sim, to another world), and from there re-applied the missing packs , that have those missing worlds.

Can you tell us which neighborhoods are present in-game (and which are missing)? Smile
From I can see, I'm missing Toodlers stuff, its ask me to download to use and I can't find the Cats & Dogs expansion in my game anymore. Although I still have EP04 and SP12 in my The Sims 4 folder. The Laundry Stuff add-on downloaded here works just fine.

The only neighborhood missing is Brindleton Bay. I have San Myshuno, Windenburg, Magnolia Promenade and Granite Falls.
avatar
Huo-Yana
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Final Fantasy 10, Tales of Berseria, Tales of Symphonia
Female Posts : 3
Points : 46
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-01-14
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Issue with last update

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 19 Jan 2018, 17:28

@Huo-Yana wrote:From I can see, I'm missing Toodlers stuff, its ask me to download to use and I can't find the Cats & Dogs expansion in my game anymore. Although I still have EP04 and SP12 in my The Sims 4 folder. The Laundry Stuff add-on downloaded here works just fine.

The only neighborhood missing is Brindleton Bay. I have San Myshuno, Windenburg, Magnolia Promenade and Granite Falls.


Hello again and sorry for the slightly belated reply,

I'm not sure if there is an easier option than re-applying those "missing" DLC on your end. As hinted, I had the issue myself once, and managed to overcome it by installing (re-applying) the DLC.

In your case, re-apply the Toddler Stuff followed by Cats & Dogs. Smile

_________________



G4TW Forum Rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac, Military strategy games (Darkest Hour, Hearts of Iron, Arsenal of Democracy, etc.), Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 15361
Points : 20409
Reputation : 2176
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Issue with last update

Post by Huo-Yana on Fri 19 Jan 2018, 19:27

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:Hello again and sorry for the slightly belated reply,

I'm not sure if there is an easier option than re-applying those "missing" DLC on your end. As hinted, I had the issue myself once, and managed to overcome it by installing (re-applying) the DLC.

In your case, re-apply the Toddler Stuff followed by Cats & Dogs. Smile

Thank you for your help, I'll try re-installing Toddler Stuff and Cats & Dogs, I'll keep you informed of the result!
avatar
Huo-Yana
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Final Fantasy 10, Tales of Berseria, Tales of Symphonia
Female Posts : 3
Points : 46
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-01-14
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Issue with last update

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum