"Unable to start: Origin is not currently running."

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Unable to start: Origin is not currently running."

Post by ShadowBlueRoseWolf on Wed 17 Jan 2018, 23:39

I installed The Sims 4 to the letter, following the instructions in the post about "Must read." However, I get the Origin is not running problem. I also got told to run as administrator the first time, which I did. I'm really confused on what I need to do to actually get the game to run.

ShadowBlueRoseWolf
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Legend of Dragoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Unable to start: Origin is not currently running."

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 18 Jan 2018, 17:09

@ShadowBlueRoseWolf wrote:I installed The Sims 4 to the letter, following the instructions in the post about "Must read." However, I get the Origin is not running problem. I also got told to run as administrator the first time, which I did. I'm really confused on what I need to do to actually get the game to run.

Hello and welcome to the Forum @ShadowBlueRoseWolf,

Did you move your game installation of The Sims 4 already, directly under C:\Program files (x86) ? And out of the folder "Electronic Arts" ?

G4TW Forum Rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac, Military strategy games (Darkest Hour, Hearts of Iron, Arsenal of Democracy, etc.), Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 15361

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by digitalbetty on Fri 19 Jan 2018, 06:50

I'm having this same issue, and instead of starting a new topic, I thought I'd pipe in here.

My game was running just fine yesterday & today. When I got home and went to start it up tonight, the Origin message of doom popped up.

I followed all instructions exactly, and as I said, it ran fine for a day and a half.

I researched & tried all the suggestions here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t19191-unable-to-start-origin-is-currently-not-running-alternative-solutions, (inlcuding downloading the "fresh game directory") also with no luck.

Any suggestions? Maybe reinstalling from scratch? Any help is much appreciated!

digitalbetty
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Sims 4, Fallout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 19 Jan 2018, 17:21

@digitalbetty wrote:I'm having this same issue, and instead of starting a new topic, I thought I'd pipe in here.

My game was running just fine yesterday & today. When I got home and went to start it up tonight, the Origin message of doom popped up.

I followed all instructions exactly, and as I said, it ran fine for a day and a half.

I researched & tried all the suggestions here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t19191-unable-to-start-origin-is-currently-not-running-alternative-solutions, (inlcuding downloading the "fresh game directory") also with no luck.

Any suggestions? Maybe reinstalling from scratch? Any help is much appreciated!

Hello and welcome to the Forum @digitalbetty,

Not sure if it was included in thread that you lined to, but another cause for the error is the program named "Web Companion" (by Lavasoft). If you have such a program, please consider uninstalling it, and then re-boot the computer. After which you try the game again. Good luck!

G4TW Forum Rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac, Military strategy games (Darkest Hour, Hearts of Iron, Arsenal of Democracy, etc.), Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 15361

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by arno1231 on Fri 19 Jan 2018, 17:32

you can read my guide it might help.
Found here < press

arno1231
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : the sims 4, rdr,witcher,gta,watchdogs,counterstrike,warface,roblox,fallout,simpsons

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by digitalbetty on Sat 20 Jan 2018, 17:21

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:

Not sure if it was included in thread that you lined to, but another cause for the error is the program named "Web Companion" (by Lavasoft). If you have such a program, please consider uninstalling it, and then re-boot the computer. After which you try the game again. Good luck!
Hi!

This is a new machine so I went and double checked to see if that was on here and I'd missed uninstalling. No such luck. I've added this app to my list of "problem children" though & appreciate the info!

//EDIT

@arno1231 wrote:you can read my guide it might help.
Found here < press
Hi,

Thank you for the link, I tried that as well, with no luck. I'll keep trying though, I'm sure I've just missed a step somewhere. I think I'll wait until my next day off from work and try to focus on solving the issue then.

Much appreciated!

digitalbetty
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Sims 4, Fallout

View user profile

Back to top Go down