All packs greyed out/no packs showing up (Sims 4). [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

All packs greyed out/no packs showing up (Sims 4). [SOLVED]

Post by bella_dmrino on Fri 09 Feb 2018, 13:29

i recently installed Laundry Day. I was able to play normally for a bit after installation, but later when i tried to open my game, it showed that i had no packs installed (all packs were greyed out). Ive checked other forums/topics and I have tried clearing my cache, removing all mods, deleting my 'the sims 4' folder and letting it generate a new one, checked my anitvirus & firewall, AND replacing the 'Game' folder with the new one that came with Laundry Day. any help?

bella_dmrino
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims 3, Sims 4
Female Posts : 4
Points : 242
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-07-04
Age : 28
Location : Shanghai, China

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: All packs greyed out/no packs showing up (Sims 4). [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 11 Feb 2018, 19:23

@bella_dmrino wrote:i recently installed Laundry Day. I was able to play normally for a bit after installation, but later when i tried to open my game, it showed that i had no packs installed (all packs were greyed out). Ive checked other forums/topics and I have tried clearing my cache, removing all mods, deleting my 'the sims 4' folder and letting it generate a new one, checked my anitvirus & firewall, AND replacing the 'Game' folder with the new one that came with Laundry Day. any help?


Hello @bella_dmrino,

Can you try moving your entire installation folder of The Sims 4, directly under the desktop? From there, try the game again. Note that any desktop shortcuts you may have had, will be "nullified", so you either have to create new ones, or simply go directly into the folder The Sims 4 -> Game -> Bin to run the game.

I would also recommend that you delete your "Game"-subfolder entirely, and then re-download a fresh one here:
https://goo.gl/wK4LdG

Then try again. Good luck!

Very Happy

_________________



G4TW Forum Rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac, Military strategy games (Darkest Hour, Hearts of Iron, Arsenal of Democracy, etc.)
Male Posts : 15328
Points : 20368
Reputation : 2173
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Belisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: All packs greyed out/no packs showing up (Sims 4). [SOLVED]

Post by bella_dmrino on Mon 12 Feb 2018, 07:32

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@bella_dmrino wrote:i recently installed Laundry Day. I was able to play normally for a bit after installation, but later when i tried to open my game, it showed that i had no packs installed (all packs were greyed out). Ive checked other forums/topics and I have tried clearing my cache, removing all mods, deleting my 'the sims 4' folder and letting it generate a new one, checked my anitvirus & firewall, AND replacing the 'Game' folder with the new one that came with Laundry Day. any help?


Hello @bella_dmrino,

Can you try moving your entire installation folder of The Sims 4, directly under the desktop? From there, try the game again. Note that any desktop shortcuts you may have had, will be "nullified", so you either have to create new ones, or simply go directly into the folder The Sims 4 -> Game -> Bin to run the game.

I would also recommend that you delete your "Game"-subfolder entirely, and then re-download a fresh one here:
https://goo.gl/wK4LdG

Then try again. Good luck!

Very Happy
i deleted my game folder and replaced it with the one you told me to download, and it works perfectly fine now (even with custom content!). Thank you so much for your help!  Yess, aye lieeke!

bella_dmrino
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims 3, Sims 4
Female Posts : 4
Points : 242
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-07-04
Age : 28
Location : Shanghai, China

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: All packs greyed out/no packs showing up (Sims 4). [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 13 Feb 2018, 01:32

@bella_dmrino wrote:i deleted my game folder and replaced it with the one you told me to download, and it works perfectly fine now (even with custom content!). Thank you so much for your help!  Yess, aye lieeke!


A miracle!  Very Happy

The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims 3 plumbob

Either way, have fun with the game and let us know if you need more help with the game, anytime! Problem solved, topic closed.

P.S. in case you have not done so yet, and if you are running Windows (10), please make sure to configure your antivirus exclusions properly, and also Windows Defender. For the latter, see here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t32067-two-ways-of-disabling-windows-defender-under-windows-10

_________________



G4TW Forum Rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac, Military strategy games (Darkest Hour, Hearts of Iron, Arsenal of Democracy, etc.)
Male Posts : 15328
Points : 20368
Reputation : 2173
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Belisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: All packs greyed out/no packs showing up (Sims 4). [SOLVED]

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum