Issue With Watching Videos On My New Laptop. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Issue With Watching Videos On My New Laptop. [SOLVED]

Post by SimsIsLoveSimsIsLife on Sat 10 Feb 2018, 19:53

Hi! I actually wasnt sure where I would post this since I normally only use this forum for sim support. However I got a new laptop recently that is 10 times better than my old one but last week something odd started to happen with online video playback. I cant really explain it so I included a photo here. It started when I went to watch the new Black Butler movie on some anime website and everything looked fine till I hit play then the issue you see in the photo happened. I thought it was just that particular video streamer so I tried different sites they all had only that video player and all had this issue below. I finally found another version though and it played just fine there was no green anywhere. I just thought whatever that video was glitched. But today I was watching my favorite streamer on youtube everything was fine then the video momentarily froze and the green issue below appeared. So now I think something is wrong with my laptop and I don't know what. If anyone has any idea how I can fix this or what is wrong with it please let me know. If the laptop is broken i would like to get it fixed while the warranty is still good. Hopefully its not a hard drive issue. I would appreciate the help!

Mod edit: moved to "Hardware".

- The_gh0stm4n

SimsIsLoveSimsIsLife
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Issue With Watching Videos On My New Laptop. [SOLVED]

Post by Tarac on Sat 10 Feb 2018, 22:13

Maybe your new laptop has 2 videocards.
Rightclick on a video and see if you get the option "open with powerful Nvidia videocard" or something simular
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 3058

View user profile https://forumpages.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SimsIsLoveSimsIsLife on Sun 11 Feb 2018, 02:50

I didn't see anything like that D: Here is a photo of my laptop specs

SimsIsLoveSimsIsLife
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarac on Sun 11 Feb 2018, 10:38

Try this:
1. Rightclick on the Windows logo on the taskbar
2. Click on Device Manager
3. Click on Graphics Adapter

When you see 2 adapters there, your laptop has switchable graphics and you should play The Sims on the better one.
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 3058

View user profile https://forumpages.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 13 Feb 2018, 01:39

@SimsIsLoveSimsIsLife wrote:I didn't see anything like that D: Here is a photo of my laptop specs

Apart from watching these videos, are you noticing any other screen 'irregularities'? I know from my own experience that if something happens along those lines it's almost always a failing graphics card. But then the issue appears everywhere, not just on these video-windows...

scratch

I would let the computer get checked, as long as you still have warranty.

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW, Site navigation & Support, if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum topic!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.
Male Posts : 16256

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SimsIsLoveSimsIsLife on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 08:16

Sorry for the late reply! I actually fixed it. It turns out it was something wrong with my firefox browser. I gave it an reinstall and now everything is fine. Ty for the help though!

SimsIsLoveSimsIsLife
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 18:30

@SimsIsLoveSimsIsLife wrote:Sorry for the late reply! I actually fixed it. It turns out it was something wrong with my firefox browser. I gave it an reinstall and now everything is fine. Ty for the help though!

Thanks for letting us know about the solution! Very Happy  Problem solved, topic closed.

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW, Site navigation & Support, if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum topic!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.
Male Posts : 16256

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum