Setup has detected that The Sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Setup has detected that The Sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed. [SOLVED]

Post by AlwaysSimming on Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:15 pm

Hello Everyone!

I hope I am in the right forum...I was trying to install The Sims 3 to my E:/ drive. Everything was going great until after I installed Late Night...Once I did that I now receive an error that says, "Setup has detected that The Sims 33 is corrupt or not properly installed. Setup is unable to continue.

I am running on Windows 10. Not sure if that will help.

Thanks for all that you folks do. Love being a member here.

If you would like to contact me, please email me!
AlwaysSimming
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : All Sims Games, All Elder Scrolls Games, All Mass Effect Games
Male Posts : 90

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Setup has detected that The Sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:26 am

Hello again,

Did you apply the 1.67 manual patch for The Sims 3? And I'm also assuming you are using a cracked basegame of TS3?

The only other thing I can think of at the moment is...did you create the installation folders manually, on the E: drive?

A weakness of the default/vanilla installers in TS3 (on which G4TW's stuff is based), is that when you choose another drive for the installation, everything gets installed in just one folder, which will lead to a mess. See here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t19680-a-note-on-installing-the-sims-3-on-external-drives

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW, Site navigation & Support, if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum topic!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.
Male Posts : 16064

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Setup has detected that The Sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed. [SOLVED]

Post by AlwaysSimming on Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:55 am

I did just as the install instructions said...However, I think my problem came in when I tried to rearrange the folders. So, I am going to install everything again. This time, making all folders ahead of time, and leaving them in the main E:/ instead of trying to put them all into a folder.

Lets see how this goes...

AlwaysSimming
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : All Sims Games, All Elder Scrolls Games, All Mass Effect Games

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:23 pm

@AlwaysSimming wrote:However, I think my problem came in when I tried to rearrange the folders.

You mean, AFTER the installation you moved around those installation folders? If so, one should not do this, indeed. Do keep us posted...if you like.  Carlos is tha man

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW, Site navigation & Support, if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum topic!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AlwaysSimming on Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:56 am

Yes, I moved folders around after install. I created all the individual folders at the beginning before installing, and it went great! Smile

AlwaysSimming
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:38 pm

@AlwaysSimming wrote:Yes, I moved folders around after install. I created all the individual folders at the beginning before installing, and it went great! Smile

Did you need any further help for the moment? Smile

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AlwaysSimming on Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:54 pm

I do not! Very Happy Thank you so much for your assistance. I really appreciate it. You can go ahead and close the thread.

AlwaysSimming
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:36 am

Problem solved, topic closed. Note again for reference, that the Games4theworld Sims 3 versions still utilize an 'old' file structure, with not only installation files, but also with registry entries. Theoretically you could try moving around stuff and THEN edit all registry entries to accommodate the new paths. But I wouldn't recommend doing so.

The Sims 3 plumbob

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum