Can`t play sims4 in Windows 10!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can`t play sims4 in Windows 10!

Post by techna on Thu 22 Mar 2018, 06:48

Hello
I played sims4 with all packs until toddler stuff and I used windows 7.
I have back up of (C:\Users\\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4)

now I have changed my windows to 10.
the game was successfully installed with all new packs (until my first pet stuff).
the game runs correctly without my backup.

but when I insert my backup into the path (C:\Users\\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4), the game starts only in the main window and when I click on play icon, it crashes!
I delete the mods folder but still doesn`t work. I can`t use my household.

this is the screenshot of my backup folders:
http://www.axgig.com/images/45474339145177123017.png
is there anyway to use my households?
thanks

//EDIT

I thought that crashing was because of my previous save! but i delete whole of the path C:\Users\\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, I mean without any modes and my backup.

the game is crashing all the time!
I update the graphic card (nvidia gforce 8400m gs version 342 and directx 12, still doesn`t work in windows 10!
also i don`t have any antivirus, and when i don`t connect to internet when i`m plying.

the message is:
the sims4 has stop work

help please

Last edited by techna on Sat 24 Mar 2018, 12:40; edited 1 time in total
techna
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : sims,age of mythology,aladdin,pocahontas,pirates of caraeeben,ninja turtles
Female Posts : 6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can`t play sims4 in Windows 10!

Post by Tarac on Sat 24 Mar 2018, 12:55

Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2824

View user profile https://forumpages.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 25 Mar 2018, 00:20

@techna wrote:I thought that crashing was because of my previous save! but i delete whole of the path C:\Users\\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, I mean without any modes and my backup.

the game is crashing all the time!
I update the graphic card (nvidia gforce 8400m gs version 342 and directx 12, still doesn`t work in windows 10!
also i don`t have any antivirus, and when i don`t connect to internet when i`m plying.

the message is:
the sims4 has stop work

help please

Hello @techna and sorry for the belated reply,

Have you had a look at these possible solutions?
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t21728-the-sims-4-crashes-freezes-lags-causes-shutdowns-possible-fixes-updated-on-11-11-2017

But I suspect your computer hardware may not be strong enough to handle the recent DLCs. After the release of "Cats & Dogs", the system requirements were significantly raised. And you said you could play Toddlers Stuff fine. In that sense, using ZLOrigin likely wouldn't help you either.

I'm sorry, but at that point I can't say much else. You could try disabling/uninstalling all DLC after Toddlers Stuff (Cats & Dogs, Laundry Day, Jungle Adventure, My First Pet). See this guide here.

P.S. if your Windows is a 32-bit version, I would recommend you use only the TS4.exe for running the game, and NOT the TS4_x64.exe.

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

You can e-mail me for general questions about G4TW, site navigation & general Support if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum thread!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac, Military strategy & Government simulation games, S.W.A.T 4.
Male Posts : 15881

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by techna on Fri 30 Mar 2018, 13:23

when i want to change the directory this error appears:

//EDIT

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:

Hello @techna and sorry for the belated reply,

Have you had a look at these possible solutions?
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t21728-the-sims-4-crashes-freezes-lags-causes-shutdowns-possible-fixes-updated-on-11-11-2017

But I suspect your computer hardware may not be strong enough to handle the recent DLCs. After the release of "Cats & Dogs", the system requirements were significantly raised. And you said you could play Toddlers Stuff fine. In that sense, using ZLOrigin likely wouldn't help you either.

I'm sorry, but at that point I can't say much else. You could try disabling/uninstalling all DLC after Toddlers Stuff (Cats & Dogs, Laundry Day, Jungle Adventure, My First Pet). See this guide here.

P.S. if your Windows is a 32-bit version, I would recommend you use only the TS4.exe for running the game, and NOT the TS4_x64.exe.

well, i looked at the solutions, I can`t change DEP options:

also when i start my game this message appears:

is this because of RAM?

so, I deleted "cat and dog" and "my first pet stuff" packs based on the guidline and the good news: i can use myhousehold, but as usual sometimes with crashes!

can i install next dls in future? (i mean except cat and pet stuff)
techna
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : sims,age of mythology,aladdin,pocahontas,pirates of caraeeben,ninja turtles
Female Posts : 6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarac on Fri 30 Mar 2018, 14:00

Cats & Dogs require more RAM than before.
Changing DEP makes no difference at all.
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2824

View user profile https://forumpages.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 31 Mar 2018, 16:52

@techna wrote:(...)

is this because of RAM?

so, I deleted "cat and dog" and "my first pet stuff" packs based on the guidline and the good news: i can use myhousehold, but as usual sometimes with crashes!

can i install next dls in future? (i mean except cat and pet stuff)

You have to consider, that the general hardware requirements for the game are comparatively low already. If you look at more modern games like GTA V or some other fancy game, then you need a very strong computer.

EA have tried making the game accessible for as long as possible, for users with older/weaker computers. You may need to 'prepare' for the fact that future DLCs will require similar hardware specs too. Of course this is just a vague guess, and we yet have to see. But in my opinion, it would only be a logical development if future DLCs had the same - or possibly even bigger - requirements as Cats & Dogs/My First Pet Stuff.

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

You can e-mail me for general questions about G4TW, site navigation & general Support if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum thread!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac, Military strategy & Government simulation games, S.W.A.T 4.
Male Posts : 15881

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by johannshah on Sat 31 Mar 2018, 19:01

How many RAM do you have? The Sims 4 requires more memory if you like to play with all add-ons. 6 or 8 GB RAM is recommended.

Sent from Topic'it App
johannshah
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Simulation, Fighting, First/Third Person Shooter and RPG
Male Posts : 59

View user profile