Master Suite Stuff Problem. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Master Suite Stuff Problem. [SOLVED]

Post by MintyChew on Mon 30 Jan 2012, 12:31

Hey guys, I'm really thankful to the people in G4TW who make the effort to upload the games to torrent.

I'll try to write it as detailed as I can. So I finally managed to install everything and applied the Ultimate Fix(latest) to the expansions and I'd also copied and replaced the files from "Master Suite & Pets & Town Life Stuff & Generations" to the base game's bin folder.

However, I had a problem updating from 1.28 to 1.29, but I used the manual patch and fixed it. The problem was that the launcher could not connect to Origin. I'd already login to both the launcher and Origin but they just couldn't update. So I used the manual patch.

It says on the post that if we're using the manual patch, then we don't need to follow Step 13 in the Ultimate Fix # Installation Guide. So I didn't open # Crack folder and copy it over.

Here's the existing problem. I exited Origin and I got the game running(directly run from TS3/TS3W, I tried both), loading. Until the screen where I have to choose the town to start, a popup message appears and it says, "No game disc found! Please insert The Sims 3 Master Suite Stuff game disc before proceeding."

Background, I didn't run my DAEMON tools(since there isn't any .iso files in the expansions' folders). Origin isn't running also. I'd tried searching for answers in the forum but I'd spent over 4 hours messing with it already. Please help, thanks in advance.

Last edited by MintyChew on Mon 30 Jan 2012, 12:55; edited 1 time in total

MintyChew
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master Suite Stuff Problem. [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Mon 30 Jan 2012, 12:48

Hello,
Step 13 in the fix's #Installation Guide describes opening the launcher to update the game, so if you're using the manual patch, you obviously don't have to do that, but after updating, you should copy the crack as described in step 15.

Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15118

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MintyChew on Mon 30 Jan 2012, 12:54

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,
Step 13 in the fix's #Installation Guide describes opening the launcher to update the game, so if you're using the manual patch, you obviously don't have to do that, but after updating, you should copy the crack as described in step 15.

Thanks a lot! Got it working now. I was actually confused when you said step 15 because there isn't any Step 15 in the pdf. But I understand already. Thanks so much! cheers

MintyChew
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Mon 30 Jan 2012, 12:57

Hello,
You were quite right to be confused, I just found out I was looking at the #Installation Guide from the previous fix, and it was step 11 that was replaced with doing the manual patch, and step 13 should be applied.
Good to hear your game is working now, and sorry about the confusion. Happy simming! The Sims Plumbob 1
Topic closed.

Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15118