The Sims 4 alternative installers (install DLCs in any order you want!)

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Sims 4 alternative installers (install DLCs in any order you want!)

Post by anadius1 on Fri 22 Jun 2018, 22:00

You've got two options:
1. download and install previous full patch 1.42.30.1020 (if it doesn't let you install that patch just delete "The Sims 4\Game\Bin\Default.ini") and then apply incremental patch,
2. wait for new full patch (could take up to one day to upload).

BTW where did you get your game from? I could investigate which files cause it and maybe fix it in future releases.

anadius1
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toyzqu on Fri 22 Jun 2018, 22:15

@anadius1 wrote:You've got two options:
1. download and install previous full patch 1.42.30.1020 (if it doesn't let you install that patch just delete "The Sims 4\Game\Bin\Default.ini") and then apply incremental patch,
2. wait for new full patch (could take up to one day to upload).

BTW where did you get your game from? I could investigate which files cause it and maybe fix it in future releases.

i dont seem to have a >The Sims 4\Game\Bin\Default.ini. in fact i dont even have a >The Sims 4\Game
i downloaded everything from this website

Toyzqu
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tootsiebell98 on Sat 23 Jun 2018, 03:27

When you see a new patch and dlc file do you install the patch first and then the dlc?

tootsiebell98
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : sims 3, sims 4 trying out

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The patch installer doesn't work

Post by tootsiebell98 on Sat 23 Jun 2018, 06:03

The patch installer does not work.  I have downloaded all 4 files - the patch and the 3 bin files.  I click on the exe file and nothing happens.  It stops responding after you tell it where to install it.

tootsiebell98
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : sims 3, sims 4 trying out

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by anadius1 on Sat 23 Jun 2018, 07:15

Full patch 1.44.77.1020 uploaded! I'll remove previous one in a week in case someone is downloading it.

@tootsiebell98 Patch first and then DLC.
What do you mean "stops responding"? What does it say in installer window? It should:
1. ask you where to install
2. ask if you want desktop shortcut
3. scripting magic: installer looks for "Game\Bin\Default.ini" in the path you selected, extracts game version from it and then tells you if you need to install that patch or not.
4. show install info or error message depending on previous step
5. install if there were no errors

Which step are you having trouble with?

anadius1
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivionburn on Sat 23 Jun 2018, 14:08

This is sooo much nicer than a mess of rar files. Thank you for providing these!

Oblivionburn
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : FF7, Gothic 2, Morrowind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 23 Jun 2018, 19:36

@Oblivionburn wrote:(...) than a mess of rar files. 

For new users, surely it is easier. But to be fair, the "mess of .rar files" is the development and logical conclusion of nearly half a decade of G4TW repacks. Each .rar repack is meant to be used following the previous one. See here, and in particular the date on which the TS4 Must-Read Guide was first submitted.

So instead of viewing the "mess of .rar files" as a monolithic entity that seems to have been put in place to make it more difficult for users (which you seem to imply), let's maybe try viewing it as a result of a several-year-long process. Everything has both its advantages, as well as disadvantages.

Not that I particularly care about dispositions like these. For purposes of objectivity though, I am adding this additional angle so as not to create possibly misleading impressions. 

I tip my fedora.

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW, Site navigation & Support, if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum topic!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.
Male Posts : 16242

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by anadius1 on Sat 23 Jun 2018, 19:44

What The_gh0stm4n said. To be honest I find those .rar files easier to use if you keep up to date with all releases. Just extract them to your game folder and you're done.

My installers are mostly for people who:
a) don't want to install any DLC
b) want to skip some DLC
c) update the game rarely (2-3 releases apart or more) so downloading G4TW releases would take up a bit longer.

And if you want to install the game from scratch and have all DLCs the easiest method is to download Tarac's release. Very Happy

anadius1
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by liquidgold21 on Tue 26 Jun 2018, 08:46

Please help im drawing a blank i havent patched in almost a year. I cant get jungle  adventures to install nor do i want it BUT i do want all the eps and dlc after it, so do i downnload the full patch? can you tell me exactly how to install the patch to the game like im stupid so i can do this right?

liquidgold21
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : sims 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by anadius1 on Tue 26 Jun 2018, 08:56

Yup, download full patch (exe + 3 bin files) and then download DLC installers. Very Happy Double click on patch .exe and just follow the steps. Installer will ask you for game location and tell if you select wrong one. Then do the same with DLCs. Very Happy

anadius1
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 27 Jun 2018, 03:43

Not sure if it has been addressed in that form yet, but for those items that consist of multiple parts like the base game, it looks a bit strange that there are download links for every individual part. Especially those .bin files.

GoogleDrive, MEGA, MediaFire & cloud.mail.ru have the ability to host folders. And you can create download links that will "lead", to said folders.

When users eventually access folder-links, they can navigate around these folders. They can download the folders as a whole, or  - depending on the service - as an archive file. Note that not every filehosting service can do this. For example: Uptobox can link to folders, but it's atrocious to use (this service is only good for individual files). I would recommend using the above services, if you wanted to link to folders.

The current format works as is; personally though I find a simple folder-link, or a .rar archive better. A.k.a. 1 item (regardless of filesize) = 1 download-link.

If it's a matter of upload speed (shouldn't be, as you can still upload individual files within a folder hosted on the above-mentioned services), ask @Tarac to help you out there. Or I will ask @Sim Architect to take a look at this, who could help as well with quickly providing mirrors.

Carlos is tha man

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW, Site navigation & Support, if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum topic!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.
Male Posts : 16242

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by anadius1 on Wed 27 Jun 2018, 08:06

I've changed table style a bit so there's no line between exe and bins, hope it helps. And I'll probably add filesize column too which will list total filesize for exe+bins.

I don't want to switch to folders for one reason: I'm using script to update that table. Managing this long list by hand would be horrible. :'D It adds row/mirror automatically and switching to folders would mess everything up.

For now I'll just rewrite message above links and add FAQ.

anadius1
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarac on Wed 27 Jun 2018, 10:38

When you use hosts like f.e. Stack, you can use 1 link to access all items.
1 Folder with all DLC's in it.
see THIS PAGE
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 3052

View user profile https://forumpages.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by anadius1 on Wed 27 Jun 2018, 20:54

Incremental patch 1.44.77.1020-1.44.83.1020 uploaded! I'll add more mirrors when I'm done with uploading full patch.

anadius1
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by paularnauld on Wed 27 Jun 2018, 22:26

@anadius1 wrote:Incremental patch 1.44.77.1020-1.44.83.1020 uploaded! I'll add more mirrors when I'm done with uploading full patch.
Amazing how you're always updated. Thanks!

paularnauld
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims 3/4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by anadius1 on Thu 28 Jun 2018, 02:32

Full patch 1.44.83.1020 uploaded! I won't remove previous patches in case someone is still downloading them until:
1.42.30.1020 - 2018-06-30
1.44.77.1020 - 2018-07-05

anadius1
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 alternative installers (install DLCs in any order you want!)

Post by rimdm1386 on Fri 29 Jun 2018, 14:14

Hi  - totally confused:|  Surprised  If I already have the other DLCs. I would like to install only the Sims 4 seasons. Could you please tell me if that is possible & how? Thanks so much!!!!!! Oh my... Oh my... Oh my...

rimdm1386
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarac on Fri 29 Jun 2018, 14:19

@rimdm1386 wrote:Hi  - totally confused:|  Surprised  If I already have the other DLCs. I would like to install only the Sims 4 seasons. Could you please tell me if that is possible & how? Thanks so much!!!!!! Oh my... Oh my... Oh my...
When you have ALL the other DLC's, then:
1. Download and install Seasons
2. Download and install update 1.44.83.1020
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by anadius1 on Fri 29 Jun 2018, 14:51

@rimdm1386 if you're confused, read the FAQ.
@anadius1 wrote:I have The Sims 4 or some DLC already installed, do I have to download it again from here?
Absolutely not! Just download a patch (incremental, full or don't download it at all, depending on what you need) and any DLC you want.
So just download patch and Seasons DLC.

anadius1
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by faithzaina on Fri 29 Jun 2018, 17:16

Hi! So, I've been using playing the game for a while now, downloading everything from your post (thanks btw). It worked fine at first, but then after I began downloading dlcs one after another, the game kept crashing frequently. 

After installing your recent update of the patches, I thought the crashing would stop, but it didn't. I've installed the latest patch (1.44.83.1020) and thinking maybe I should download the incremental one and then it would work like it used to. Should I? Or you have other solutions for this?

Thanks in advance.  I tip my fedora.

faithzaina
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by anadius1 on Fri 29 Jun 2018, 17:26

@faithzaina wrote:I've installed the latest patch (1.44.83.1020) and thinking maybe I should download the incremental one and then it would work like it used to. Should I?
No. From FAQ:
@anadius1 wrote:What's the difference between full and incremental patch?
Full patches contain all files changed since the release of the game. That means you can apply them on any version of the game! Incremental patches contain changes between one version and another.
e.g. TS4 Patch 1.44.77.1020-1.44.83.1020.exe
You've got version 1.44.83.1020 so there's no new patch to install. You should open a topic in "The Sims 4 in-game Support" subforum. And post there result of my validator. And try running your game without any CC and mods. Go to "Documents\Electronic Arts" and rename "The Sims 4" to "The Sims 4_". The game will re-create this folder so if you want to get your saves, mods and CC back just delete "The Sims 4" and rename "The Sims 4_" to "The Sims 4".

anadius1
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rimdm1386 on Fri 29 Jun 2018, 18:38

Where do I put the patch (bin) items? Thanks  Surprised Surprised Surprised

rimdm1386
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarac on Fri 29 Jun 2018, 18:41

@rimdm1386 wrote:Where do I put the patch (bin) items? Thanks  Surprised Surprised Surprised
Keep the .exe and the .bin items together in the same folder. The just click the .exe
You must have all .bin items downloaded.
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by rimdm1386 on Fri 29 Jun 2018, 19:04

OMG! I am playing it out now! Its great ! THANKS SO MUCH !  Heeeeeey, Macarena Heeeeeey, Macarena Heeeeeey, Macarena Heeeeeey, Macarena Heeeeeey, Macarena Heeeeeey, Macarena Heeeeeey, Macarena Heeeeeey, Macarena Heeeeeey, Macarena Heeeeeey, Macarena The Sims 3 plumbob

rimdm1386
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuse on Tue 03 Jul 2018, 22:56

Hey, I'm not sure if there's a problem with the files or if the problem's with me, but Spa Day links can't seem to be working. I've tried all of them. The others up until Get Together are fine, I'm downloading in order and have only got to that point. Could you please check?

Yuse
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Base Game

Post by redplant0 on Wed 04 Jul 2018, 04:05

Does anyone know which bin in the base game installer contains the ClientFullBuild3.package? Because I'm getting this "The source file is corrupted error" during its installation. Unfortunately I cannot re-download all the bin files. I really hope you can help me with this.

redplant0
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by anadius1 on Wed 04 Jul 2018, 09:51

@Yuse wrote:Hey, I'm not sure if there's a problem with the files or if the problem's with me, but Spa Day links can't seem to be working. I've tried all of them. The others up until Get Together are fine, I'm downloading in order and have only got to that point. Could you please check?

Just tried and all of Spa Day links are working fine.

@redplant0 wrote:Does anyone know which bin in the base game installer contains the ClientFullBuild3.package? Because I'm getting this "The source file is corrupted error" during its installation. Unfortunately I cannot re-download all the bin files. I really hope you can help me with this.

I'm not sure which one contains that file but there's another way to check which file is corrupted: MD5 hashes. If you don't want to download any program, you can check them online here: http://onlinemd5.com/
Code:
"TS4 1.0.797.20-1.bin" - 92792000BCD65D060F401317DFA1FDEF
"TS4 1.0.797.20-2.bin" - C628C88DDCEC9BC469919498D6332B42
"TS4 1.0.797.20-3.bin" - C1CF5457797A9850F925EA2318A4A5AA
"TS4 1.0.797.20-4.bin" - EB4FA4CFB348410B3A18895012F262EB
"TS4 1.0.797.20-5.bin" - A877876B5979FCD9E39D145B6ED560CD

anadius1
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum