Having issues with The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection from Origin.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Having issues with The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection from Origin.

Post by AlwaysSimming on Tue 24 Apr 2018, 16:53

Hello everyone!

I received a free copy of TS2 Ultimate Collection from Origin a few years ago, and I had the itch to play, so I installed it. Nothing but bugs on it. It is awful. Mods hardly work, when having distance view on the neighbors houses are extremely pixelated to the point of not being able to make out that it is a house...has anyone noticed a difference between the Origin TS2 vs the G4TW version?

It is not a computer issue, graphics card is a GTX 1060 and running an ADM equivalent of an Intel i5.

Any help would be appreciated.

If you would like to contact me, please email me!
AlwaysSimming
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : All Sims Games, All Elder Scrolls Games, All Mass Effect Games
Male Posts : 90

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Having issues with The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection from Origin.

Post by Tarac on Tue 24 Apr 2018, 17:34

Download and install the graphic rule maker HERE
It tries to recognize your graphics card and adjust the game accordingly
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2949

View user profile https://forumpages.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 24 Apr 2018, 21:26

@AlwaysSimming wrote:Hello everyone!

I received a free copy of TS2 Ultimate Collection from Origin a few years ago, and I had the itch to play, so I installed it. Nothing but bugs on it. It is awful. Mods hardly work, when having distance view on the neighbors houses are extremely pixelated to the point of not being able to make out that it is a house...has anyone noticed a difference between the Origin TS2 vs the G4TW version?

It is not a computer issue, graphics card is a GTX 1060 and running an ADM equivalent of an Intel i5.

Any help would be appreciated.

The G4TW version is based on individual CDs (DVDs) from those games, and you have to go through the installation of each DLC. But in theory it does give you the chance to choose which DLC you want to have.

The Origin version contains all expansions and stuffpacks and is easy to install. In fact I am shortly going to re-upload an experimental torrent for it and ask a few people to help test it, if they can, as we found a way to make it working.

But as far as the graphics issue is concerned, this is the same in all versions of The Sims 2.

Regarding custom content, see here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t24192-the-sims-2-custom-content-part-i-preparation
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t24191-the-sims-2-custom-content-part-ii-installation
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t24211-the-sims-2-custom-content-part-iii-desperation-some-tips-for-troubleshooting-cc-related-problems

Good luck!

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW, Site navigation & Support, if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum topic!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.
Male Posts : 16059

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum