Sims 2 can't open body shop and package installer correctly

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 2 can't open body shop and package installer correctly

Post by chocodrone on Thu 10 May 2018, 21:52

EDIT: I solved the body shop and possibly the white screen issue. It might have something to do with Windows 10 and NVIDIA drivers, you need to open NVIDIA control panel and temporarily change the preferred graphics processor for the program to integrated, run it and it should work, then change it back again to your NVIDIA processor.

Still can't use the body shop package installer though! I exported the sims I made in body shop from my other machine to sims2pack files, but when I double clicked it the package installer runs, but the window doesn't show up so I can't install my sims Why God.

When I try to open body shop it just shows me white/blue screen. Package installer doesn't show up at all. I notice the same thing happens in the game itself, but ONLY if I try to run it in windowed mode by adding the -w flag to the shortcut target. I can hear the game's audio and all, but it only shows me that white/blue screen. So I can only play on full screen mode.

I think the body shop's problem is also the same? I can't figure out how to solve this, I've tried using compatibility mode to no avail. Trying to start the program maximized doesn't work since it's still running windowed... I'm using windows 10 64-bit.

I don't know if this is related but just for clarity's sake, I downloaded The SIms 2 Complete Collection from the downloads page and the installation process wasn't so smooth either. I was hit with the "the update process did not complete successfully" error when I tried to install University and some other packs, but I read some other users' post who had the same problem and decided to just try installing one by one until SP9 (Mansion) and just retry to install the problematic EPs & SPs again. That worked though.

Last edited by chocodrone on Fri 11 May 2018, 07:21; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Partially solved issue)

chocodrone
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 4, Sims 3, Sims 2
Female Posts : 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 2 can't open body shop and package installer correctly

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 23 May 2018, 20:44

@chocodrone wrote:EDIT: I solved the body shop and possibly the white screen issue. It might have something to do with Windows 10 and NVIDIA drivers, you need to open NVIDIA control panel and temporarily change the preferred graphics processor for the program to integrated, run it and it should work, then change it back again to your NVIDIA processor.

Still can't use the body shop package installer though! I exported the sims I made in body shop from my other machine to sims2pack files, but when I double clicked it the package installer runs, but the window doesn't show up so I can't install my sims Why God.

I'm sorry for the belated reply,

If you still needed help with the issue, have you considered using third-party tools for installing? Note that you need the integrated "package installer" ONLY for .sims2pack custom content, and in my experience, most custom content for The Sims 2 is in .package file format.

There is a tool named "Clean Installer":
http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/index.php?page=3

A neat tool, for a more elaborate guide on using it, see this here. Good luck for now!

P.S. you can e-mail a Forum Moderator after 24 hours of posting a question on the Forum and not getting a reply. Very Happy  In my case for example, you can find a contact-button in my Forum signature below.

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW, Site navigation & Support, if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum topic!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.
Male Posts : 15952

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum