The Sims 2 Install Custom Content Problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 2 Install Custom Content Problem

Post by xLanaDelRey on Tue 15 May 2018, 23:32

I installed custom content in the game and none of it is showing up, I'll appreciate greatly if someone could help me of the problem.

xLanaDelRey
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims 2 Install Custom Content Problem

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 15 May 2018, 23:52

@xLanaDelRey wrote:I installed custom content in the game and none of it is showing up, I'll appreciate greatly if someone could help me of the problem.

Hello and welcome to the Forum @xLanaDelRey,

Can you maybe try and give us a few more details about the stuff you are trying to install? Smile  For example, where did you download the files from? Are the files in the .package or .sims2pack file format? Do you maybe know what type of custom content these files are supposed to be (script mods, clothing, etc.) ?

Also note that it's generally recommended to download/install custom content only on a Sims 2 game that has all available expansions and stuffpacks installed; in case you did not do that yet, please in additional also install any "missing" DLC for your Sims 2 game.

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

You can e-mail me for general questions about G4TW, site navigation & general Support if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum thread!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac, Military strategy & Government simulation games, S.W.A.T 4.
Male Posts : 15881

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xLanaDelRey on Wed 16 May 2018, 00:01

it's .package, and i have all the expansion packs to The Sims 2

xLanaDelRey
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 16 May 2018, 00:11

@xLanaDelRey wrote:it's .package, and i have all the expansion packs to The Sims 2

Did you make sure to put the files under this location here?

If you get a popup in-game, please click on "Enable Custom Content":

Later on, in the game's option menu, please also tick the options here:

P.S. a lot of "custom content items" are in fact re-colored versions of existing EA/Maxis items. You also need to download the "Color Enabler Package", which is a third-party mod that enables these re-colors.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=92541

(^we are not associated with the above site, just as a sidenote).

I tip my fedora.

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

You can e-mail me for general questions about G4TW, site navigation & general Support if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum thread!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac, Military strategy & Government simulation games, S.W.A.T 4.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xLanaDelRey on Wed 16 May 2018, 00:28

where can i get the sims2package?

xLanaDelRey
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 16 May 2018, 20:59

@xLanaDelRey wrote:where can i get the sims2package?

I'm sorry, what exactly do you mean...?

We were installing .package file custom content, weren't we? Or are you talking about that "Color Enabler Mod" that I mentioned before? If yes, you need to register on that "modthesims"-website, and download the mod from there. Put it in the location, that I showed in the screenshot before.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum