Several 'fixes' attempted, Sims 3 Pets still crashing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Several 'fixes' attempted, Sims 3 Pets still crashing

Post by Mei5 on Tue 07 Feb 2012, 15:59

I love the sims 3 pets, when it doesn't crash. When I first started playing it over Chirstmas it took me about 2 days but I got it working without crashing. But when I decieded to play it recently no matter what I do it keeps crashing. I have tried the ultimate fix, the DEP thing, bypassing the launcher (I haven't started the game from the launcher since Ambitions came out), turning off shop mode (it's annoying anyway), turning off my wifi when I play, not running anything else 'unnesscary' while I play, lowering my screen's resolution, and turning off the EA enhancement thing (as well as leaving it on). Still, it's crashing. When I first got it working I put in a mod it make strays appear, but the game stopped loading so I deleted it, there are no other mods or CC in my game. I am running it on a laptop but I used that system compatablity check and it says that my computer is well over the min. requirements. It loads the game and the household but about 5 seconds after I first start playing (moving the screen or clicking on something) it crashes. Every once in a while I can get it to play for about 30-40 mins, but I would like it to not crash! Help please!

Btw, here is what worked over Christmas but no longer seems to work:
I turned off my wifi and shop mode
Bypassed launcher to start game
Let it run through entire intro
Load game
When it prematurely loads (green bar doesn't finish loading before it loads game) wait for 10-20 mins before playing

Mei5
Beginner
Beginner

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Okami, AC series, Pokemon, Zelda, FF X, Prototype, Katamari, Kingdom Hearts II, Harvest Moon...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Several 'fixes' attempted, Sims 3 Pets still crashing

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Tue 07 Feb 2012, 16:42

Hello,
Did you happen to get any kind of notification during start up? What's your base game version, and did you get the latest fix?

Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15118

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mei5 on Tue 07 Feb 2012, 17:08

I did the crash log analyzer and it says that there are updates but the launcher says that there are no more available, that my game is up to date. I'm not really sure why it says version 0 for the base or why it says that I don't have the other games installed, cause I do.

Version: 1.29.55.014001
Base: 0.0.0.0
World Adventures: 2.0.86.002001
Ambitions: 4.6.6.009001
Late Night: 6.2.4.01001

I have installed but says I don't:
Generations
Pets

Mei5
Beginner
Beginner

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Okami, AC series, Pokemon, Zelda, FF X, Prototype, Katamari, Kingdom Hearts II, Harvest Moon...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Tue 07 Feb 2012, 18:35

Hello,

Please download and apply this manual patch: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v129-fix-manual-patch

When it finished updating, re-download and re-apply this Fix: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

Good luck!

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19210

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Mei5 on Wed 08 Feb 2012, 06:14

Yay! That worked! Thank you so much!!! XD I actually played it for hours without it crashing once! Now if I could learn to not let it distract me... But thank you again! You all rock big time!

Mod edit: Problem solved, topic closed.
Don't hesitate to post if you run into problems in the future. Happy simming! The Sims Plumbob 1

- Lady ElDi

Mei5
Beginner
Beginner

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum