want to use the ultimate fix but...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

want to use the ultimate fix but...

Post by Chrisgil10 on Sun 12 Feb 2012, 15:08

Pets and Master suite are bought from Origin as digital downloads, they do not go in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

instead they go into

C:\Program Files (x86)\origin\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

even though I still have a

The Base game, WA, HELS are bought from disk, Pets and Master Suite bought digital downloads, and the rest are from downloads. Master suite keeps crashing, thats why I want to use the fix. Can you help? I do not want to mess it up more!

Chrisgil10
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: want to use the ultimate fix but...

Post by Adwomin on Sun 12 Feb 2012, 15:13

@Chrisgil10 wrote:Pets and Master suite are bought from Origin as digital downloads, they do not go in

instead they go into

C:\Program Files (x86)\origin\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

even though I still have a

The Base game, WA, HELS are bought from disk, Pets and Master Suite bought digital downloads, and the rest are from downloads. Master suite keeps crashing, thats why I want to use the fix. Can you help? I do not want to mess it up more!
Hello,

The Fix should work just fine in your situation. Did you use any cracks for the downloaded expansions?
When, in the Fix, it says "Go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin", you should go to the folder where you installed the game to. (In your situation: C:\Program Files (x86)\origin\The Sims 3\Game\Bin)

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrisgil10 on Sun 12 Feb 2012, 15:25

I did not yet use the cracks for the downloads, I just did a clean install of all the games following the *MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly, Post then I was going to do the fix from step 10 on when I relized this situation. I worry because Generations is in the Electric Arts folder while Pets and Master Suite are in the Origin folder, and each of them has the sims 3 folder. Should I replace the files in both sims 3 folders, and do I have to do the steps 1-9 since I did not crack them? Other post lead me believe I do not.

By the way I just found your site and really love it already... you give so much help and knowledge!!

Chrisgil10
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aɾყα on Sun 12 Feb 2012, 15:39

Hello,
You can (in the case of a fresh install) skip the steps prior to step 11 (updating to 1.29) and you shouldn't have to worry about all the other files, since only the ones from the #crack folder are needed to crack the game.
If you were to apply the entire fix according to its installation guide, you'll notice that there aren't any files to be copied to the Generations, Town Life stuff, Pets and Master Suite stuff bins. So it doesn't matter at all that they're not where your other bin folders are.

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)