New to here, new to the sims, and I think I just might be doing it wrong! :(

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New to here, new to the sims, and I think I just might be doing it wrong! :(

Post by BlueSprite on Thu 16 Feb 2012, 14:56

Hello, I was recently introduced to the Sims due to a curiosity which lead me to a huge (~46 gig?) download pack which contained all the different games, and included a number of patches. I was able to get it installed, and was having a pretty nifty time with it. However I was curious about some of the different expansion items/store content that had been advertised and decided to poke around to see if I could find it elsewhere since I did not have access to the EA store etc.

Needless to say I was quite happy when I found that not only could I bypass the EA store and all their not so nice DRM, but I was elated by the fact that I could potentially get the store content for the price of.... free? ( How I felt when I found this out xD --> ). This being the case I immediately started downloading the different packs that were not included with the download I had received. (The content for Nov 2011 (that had the future stuff etc), as well as all the different packs. However, when I went to install the other later content ( the 2012 stuff for Jan, Feb that came in Sims3File format, I found that it would not allow me to install it when I put it in the downloads folder because my version of the game was not current. At this point, I then attempted to try to get the patcher to patch me up to the most recent version, which it did not do since I could still not install the latest shop packs etc.

So I then went and read the forums, and found this thread and followed the instructions to patch the game to the latest version: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly-must-read

After doing this, it then let me install the sims3pack files, and thinking I FINALLY figured it all out I went in to make sure I could see, and place the new content. When entering the game I could see the new items, however I now had a BUNCH of stuff that it wanted me to buy with "simpoints" within the game. Now, I'm guessing that I *should* have been able to use the items WITHOUT buying sim points as well because when I also tried to add a *.package file for the november 2011 content, (In the way that all the other content was added previously, it still was trying to make me purchase the future set items with simpoints.

Furthermore I know that it was broken either shortly tried to apply the mega fix (when I tried to patch before doing this), or after I applied the mega patch and installed the sims3files because at that point it had the simspoint spam cluttering up my inventory. Thank you for your help and Im sorry for the inconvenience. Sad

This being the case, might anyone know what I did wrong? I gave up last night and out of frustration I uninstalled ALL the sims packs/games, so that I could go home today and start over with a clean install. So when I get home after work (yeay for being able to use the internet at work, and it is my half day) I will go home and try to reinstall this all over again.

Also -> Hi, . Smile

BlueSprite
Beginner
Beginner

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Fire Fall, Eve Online

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New to here, new to the sims, and I think I just might be doing it wrong! :(

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Thu 16 Feb 2012, 16:53

Hello,
Welcome to the forum Very Happy
Do you have all the expansion packs? I recommend installing them as the guide you mention points out. Use this patch if for some reason your installer is unable to install the latest update, and after you've installed your base game and all the expansionpacks, use this fix to crack the game.
After that, you can start installing the sims3packs as follows: put all sims3packs in my documents\electronic arts\The Sims 3\Downloads. Now, open the launcher and navigate to the downloadstab where a ! shows you there are new items to install. You can then check the "select all" box and click "install". After that, the store content should show up in your game without it asking you to buy it.
If that doesn't work, let us know and we'll take it from there. You don't have to uninstall again though, that was probably not needed.

Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15118

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New to here, new to the sims, and I think I just might be doing it wrong! :(

Post by BlueSprite on Fri 17 Feb 2012, 00:47

Hiya, sorry it took me so long to respond! But when I got home, I ended up falling asleep since I wasn't feeling well >.< That being said I've now been reinstalling the sims 3 for the past few hours following the guide as closely as possible.

The only thing that I've not done is installed the origin launcher since I'd read that could cause issues. That being said, the only patch that it wanted to install was a patch for the Sims store which I said no to. After this, it did not try to upgrade the game so I've now downloaded and am currently installing the manual patch.

From there, I will then apply the crack mentioned in the last part of the guide. And see how it runs. If it all runs fine at this point, I'm then going to try introducing the different packs to make sure it is all running.

*EDIT*

Okay, I just applied the patch and everything and then tried installing some of the sims3pack files (for the the different neighborhoods/areas etc) and started the game up. First thing I see is some stuff that it wants me to purchase for Simpoints. Any idea what I could have done wrong, or how I can remove/or even convert the sim point items into things that are useable?

*EDIT yet again!*

Okay, I see what's going on! It seems that the content purchaseable content shows up automatically. Because I stuck in the Nov 30 *.package file, and I see that some of the stuff that shows as purchaseable also shows up as custom content too!

Some more information I've found. It seems that some packs for some reason may not install. This being that I got an error message when I attempted to install the SciFiBedroomSet.Sims3Pack, however when I tried to install one of the more recent ones, "MegaMagicSet.Sim3Pack" it worked wonderfully!

So all in all I think I may have fixed it? Or is there something else I might be missing? That being said thank you for your help so far!

BlueSprite
Beginner
Beginner

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Fire Fall, Eve Online

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Fri 17 Feb 2012, 08:54

Hello,
It is known that store content sometimes doesn't install. There are a few items my game wouldn't install when I attempted to last time. Something about getting the latest patches. Which I'm pretty sure I have.
I think this fixes your problem indeed. Don't hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again.
Happy simming! The Sims Plumbob 1 Topic closed.

Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15118

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum