The Sims 3 Generations Disk Error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 Generations Disk Error

Post by Daniellelove on Sun 19 Feb 2012, 04:25

Hi i just wanted to first thank games4theworld for such clear directions and awesome downloads, but i've ran into a problem WhatDidUJustCallMe? I used all your torrents and downloaded the sims 3 base game, world adventures, ambitions, fast lane, late night,and high end loft. after i did that i read your directions and it said that in order for the fix to work i either had to download townlife/master suite/pets/generations. i decided to download townlife. i applied all the fixes, put everything in it's right place and then it worked perfectly i played for atleast 3 weeks. now today i decided i wanted generations. i used your torrent, downloaded generations. but before i played i went back to the fix and thought i should apply the crack again, so i placed the same master suite/townlife/generations etc. crack into the base game bin like it said && copied and replaced, but once i went to play it gave me the please insert town life disk error. now i'm stumped. Help

Daniellelove
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims 3 Generations Disk Error

Post by Aɾყα on Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:55

Hello,
What you placed sounds to me like its the original files for these expansions, not the crack. The crack is in the #crack folder in the fix.
You'll probably have to redownload the fix, your old fix is outdated.

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15105

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniellelove on Sun 19 Feb 2012, 18:37

ohh alright, so i will try re downloading the fix and trying again. i'll come back and tell you how it went.

//EDIT

hii, alright so as i went to go re-download the fix but i realized that i had the latest updated one .. so what i did was i just applied the crack again, the main crack from the crack folder in the fix download, applied to to my base game bin and it worked out Smile cheers thank you for your time and patience ! although my game had started to freeze every now and then . . i can deal i suppose Wat. , it started a couple days ago and i'm not sure what could fix it since i have the ultimate fix installed so i'm just to bare with it lol. cheers thanks again ! Very Happy

Daniellelove
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aɾყα on Mon 20 Feb 2012, 10:41

Hello,
You may want to look at any mods/cc you're using, if they're outdated, they can cause problems with your game.
Good to hear your initial problem is solved though, I'll keep this topic open in case you want to try solving your new problem.

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)