Issues with Sims 3! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Issues with Sims 3! [SOLVED]

Post by Pelle on Mon 20 Feb 2012, 18:36

Hey.

I own a legal copy of the Sims 3 base game and I downloaded WA, Town Life Stuff, Late Night and Ambitions. I tried to install all these games with the help of your ultimate fix. I did it in this order (twice) TLS > WA > LN > AMBITIONS. After trying the first time I couldn't even start the launcher because my Sims game version was 0.0.0.0 so I decided to reinstall everything. I did it in the same order and this time I didn't have the problem with the launcher. But in the ultimate fix pdf it says that I should update the launcher before applying the last crack, but my launcher was already updated to the newest version. So I thought this is only good and applied the cracks and restarted the launcher. When I clicked the play button it froze so I tried manually starting Sims without the use of the launcher but then I got a message saying I have incompatible mods installed (which I don't) and that the game has encountered error <0x039e8474>. I uninstalled everything associated with Sims 3 and I'm now running a registry scan and then I'm gonna give it a third try. But before that... Can anyone tell me what to do? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Pelle
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Issues with Sims 3! [SOLVED]

Post by Adwomin on Mon 20 Feb 2012, 18:52

Hello,

Please install everything following these instructions: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Your problem is probably mis-patching the game. When you installed everything you want, download and apply this manual patch: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v129-fix-manual-patch
When it finished patching re-download and re-apply the LATEST version of the Ultimate Fix: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

Your game should work fine afterwards.
Good luck and let us know the final result!

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19210

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Pelle on Mon 20 Feb 2012, 19:01

Admin wrote:Hello,

Please install everything following these instructions: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Your problem is probably mis-patching the game. When you installed everything you want, download and apply this manual patch: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v129-fix-manual-patch
When it finished patching re-download and re-apply the LATEST version of the Ultimate Fix: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

Your game should work fine afterwards.
Good luck and let us know the final result!
Okay, I will try this and let you know how it worked out!

Thanks a lot.

//EDIT

One quick question. When I'm installing World Adventures, should I patch it or just install it directly? As I've understood it I'm supposed to install every expansion without doing anything at all, not even patching or whatever is needed?

Pelle
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Mon 20 Feb 2012, 20:17

Hello,
Normally you wouldn't be asked to patch before you install an expansion if your base game is up to date, but if the installer prompts you to run an update first, you'll have to do so in order to install.
Just run setup, and it will tell you what it needs.

Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15118

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pelle on Mon 20 Feb 2012, 21:44

Now I did exactly as told and once again I have an issue (this time yet another one). The launcher won't let me play from it as it freezes and stops responding. If I manually try to start a black screen comes up from which I have to alt-tab and that only leaves me with a pop-up saying "Unable to start game. Service initialization failed (0x024e424f)"...

This is driving me crazy. What am I doing wrong? Please, I appreciate any further help I can get.

Pelle
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Mon 20 Feb 2012, 22:03

@Pelle wrote:Now I did exactly as told and once again I have an issue (this time yet another one). The launcher won't let me play from it as it freezes and stops responding. If I manually try to start a black screen comes up from which I have to alt-tab and that only leaves me with a pop-up saying "Unable to start game. Service initialization failed (0x024e424f)"...

This is driving me crazy. What am I doing wrong? Please, I appreciate any further help I can get.
Hello,

Did you download the latest version of the Ultimate Fix? The one updated on 25 January 2012?

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series

Back to top Go down

Post by Pelle on Mon 20 Feb 2012, 23:18

Admin wrote:
@Pelle wrote:Now I did exactly as told and once again I have an issue (this time yet another one). The launcher won't let me play from it as it freezes and stops responding. If I manually try to start a black screen comes up from which I have to alt-tab and that only leaves me with a pop-up saying "Unable to start game. Service initialization failed (0x024e424f)"...

Hello,

Did you download the latest version of the Ultimate Fix? The one updated on 25 January 2012?
Yes I did and now I somehow got it to work! Very Happy

Thank you for your help and quick replies. One last question now.

If I would install say Sims 3 Generations tomorrow, how do I do it? Do I just install it, apply the ultimate fix, update and then the crack? Would it work if I do so?

Pelle
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Mon 20 Feb 2012, 23:27

Hello,

Glad it works now!
Just install Generations, but do not apply any cracks!
After that, just start the game and see if it works. If not, just re-apply the Fix. (The crack part only)
If it does, well, have fun playing!

I'll keep this topic open for the final result. Good luck!

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pelle on Mon 20 Feb 2012, 23:30

Admin wrote:Hello,

Glad it works now!
Just install Generations, but do not apply any cracks!
After that, just start the game and see if it works. If not, just re-apply the Fix. (The crack part only)
If it does, well, have fun playing!

I'll keep this topic open for the final result. Good luck!

Thank you very much for your help. I'll keep you updated tomorrow and I'll see how it works out.

//EDIT

Everything is working out fine. Thanks for your help once again. Will I
be able to simply install further expansions without any problems? With
Generations I just installed it and everything worked from thereonout.

Pelle
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Tue 21 Feb 2012, 19:21

Hi there,

Glad to hear it's working fine!
If you want to install any more expansions, just install them, but do not apply any cracks! When the installation finished, just start the game and see if it works. If it doesn't work, re-apply the latest version of the Ultimate Fix and your game should work fine again.

Have fun playing and don't hesitate to open a new topic if you have any more problems!
For now, topic closed. Wink

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum