A serious error has occured.[SOLVED]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A serious error has occured.[SOLVED]

Post by max cool on Thu 23 Feb 2012, 23:15

I recently added a custom made sim to one of my households and then while I was playing the screen kept turning black. My computer screen then turned blue, did a system memory dump, and then restarted itself. When I tried to start the game again I could no longer see my sims.
After I clicked on one I got this :


My base game is on version 1.29 and launcher is at 11. I have all expansions/stuff packs installed except world adventures and outdoor living. How do I stop this error from happening?

Mod edit: Topic moved to the right section.

- Lady ElDi

max cool
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 19
Points : 2089
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-02-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A serious error has occured.[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Fri 24 Feb 2012, 09:44

Hello,
A lot of those custom sims come with all kinds of modified sliders, custom hair, make up, eyes, etc. that you need to download separately. Did you have to download mods/cc in order to get your custom sim to show up the way (s)he was supposed to?
If you did, there's a chance that there's a conflict with one of these that is causing these issues. I recommend using Delphy's Dashboard to check for mod conflicts, see if anything comes up.

_________________
"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

avatar
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112
Points : 20091
Reputation : 1437
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A serious error has occured.[SOLVED]

Post by max cool on Fri 24 Feb 2012, 22:58

I looked for and fixed mod conflicts but now when I try to play a pop up comes up and says unable to start game.

max cool
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 19
Points : 2089
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-02-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A serious error has occured.[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Sat 25 Feb 2012, 09:03

Hello,
Does that happen when you first start the game, or when you get at the main menu?
Delphy's Dashboard filters out a lot of mod conflicts, but it doesn't catch them all, so at this point I'd recommend removing the entire mods folder for the time being to test if the game will work. Just backup the mods folder and delete it from your The Sims 3 folder in your documents. You'll put them back later, so don't delete them off your computer.

_________________
"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

avatar
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112
Points : 20091
Reputation : 1437
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A serious error has occured.[SOLVED]

Post by haslas on Sat 25 Feb 2012, 15:01

Hello everybody , i am just taking advantage of this post , to say that i have the same problem , except that it happens when i start a NEW game in twinbrook city. ( sunset valley works fine )

And i get this , "A serious error has occurred while loading 'Twinbrook.world' it is reccomended that you restart the application"

I used the ultimate fix.( thanx a lot for that btw)

I hope you have a solution for that. Thanx SmileSmile

haslas
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 8
Points : 2076
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-02-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A serious error has occured.[SOLVED]

Post by Adwomin on Sat 25 Feb 2012, 18:16

haslas wrote:Hello everybody , i am just taking advantage of this post , to say that i have the same problem , except that it happens when i start a NEW game in twinbrook city. ( sunset valley works fine )

And i get this , "A serious error has occurred while loading 'Twinbrook.world' it is reccomended that you restart the application"

I used the ultimate fix.( thanx a lot for that btw)

I hope you have a solution for that. Thanx SmileSmile
Hello,

Please read all the previous (possible) solutions in this topic.
If the problem still persists, please open a new topic, so we could provide more personal support to you. Thank you!

_________________
Bonsoir, friend.


~ Nobody's gril. ~
avatar
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211
Points : 1026425
Reputation : 2253
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 16
Location : Del Perro Heights

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Re: A serious error has occured.[SOLVED]

Post by max cool on Sat 25 Feb 2012, 23:32

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,
Does that happen when you first start the game, or when you get at the main menu?
Delphy's Dashboard filters out a lot of mod conflicts, but it doesn't catch them all, so at this point I'd recommend removing the entire mods folder for the time being to test if the game will work. Just backup the mods folder and delete it from your The Sims 3 folder in your documents. You'll put them back later, so don't delete them off your computer.

Right when I hit play on the launcher it says :

So go to my computer/c:/program files(x86)/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/mods then save it on a flash drive then delete that folder?

max cool
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 19
Points : 2089
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-02-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A serious error has occured.[SOLVED]

Post by Adwomin on Sat 25 Feb 2012, 23:42

Hello,

Did you apply the Ultimate Fix and updated your game to the latest version?

_________________
Bonsoir, friend.


~ Nobody's gril. ~
avatar
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211
Points : 1026425
Reputation : 2253
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 16
Location : Del Perro Heights

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Re: A serious error has occured.[SOLVED]

Post by max cool on Sun 26 Feb 2012, 02:39

Admin wrote:Hello,

Did you apply the Ultimate Fix and updated your game to the latest version?

Yes at the moment my game is at version 1.29

max cool
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 19
Points : 2089
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-02-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A serious error has occured.[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Sun 26 Feb 2012, 08:33

Hello,
You can take the mods, or the entire The Sims 3 folder to your back up location. That way you can testrun the game without your save games that depend on them.

_________________
"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

avatar
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112
Points : 20091
Reputation : 1437
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A serious error has occured.[SOLVED]

Post by max cool on Sun 26 Feb 2012, 17:09

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,
You can take the mods, or the entire The Sims 3 folder to your back up location. That way you can testrun the game without your save games that depend on them.

I went to my computer/c:/program files(x86)/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/mods then moved the mods folder to my desktop. I tried to start the game again and it again said unable to start game. Is that what you wanted me to do with the mods folder? Wasn't sure if I did that right.

max cool
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 19
Points : 2089
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-02-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A serious error has occured.[SOLVED]

Post by Adwomin on Sun 26 Feb 2012, 17:13

max cool wrote:
Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,
You can take the mods, or the entire The Sims 3 folder to your back up location. That way you can testrun the game without your save games that depend on them.

I went to my computer/c:/program files(x86)/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/mods then moved the mods folder to my desktop. I tried to start the game again and it again said unable to start game. Is that what you wanted me to do with the mods folder? Wasn't sure if I did that right.
Hello,

Actually the Mods folder should originally be in: (My) Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3

_________________
Bonsoir, friend.


~ Nobody's gril. ~
avatar
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211
Points : 1026425
Reputation : 2253
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 16
Location : Del Perro Heights

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Re: A serious error has occured.[SOLVED]

Post by max cool on Sun 26 Feb 2012, 17:20

Okay, I moved the mods folder to the sims 3 in my documents

max cool
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 19
Points : 2089
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-02-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A serious error has occured.[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Sun 26 Feb 2012, 17:30

Hello,
You were supposed to remove a mods folder from your documents. I think the mods folder in the program files location is packages "the old way", that folder is no longer used.

_________________
"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

avatar
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112
Points : 20091
Reputation : 1437
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A serious error has occured.[SOLVED]

Post by max cool on Sun 26 Feb 2012, 18:37

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,
You were supposed to remove a mods folder from your documents. I think the mods folder in the program files location is packages "the old way", that folder is no longer used.

Besides the mods folder from program files I dont have a mods folder in my documents

max cool
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 19
Points : 2089
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-02-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A serious error has occured.[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Sun 26 Feb 2012, 18:46

Hello,
So your content isn't in PACKAGE format but rather sims3pack? In that case, move the Downloads folder out of your documents\Electronic arts\The sims 3 folder.

_________________
"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

avatar
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112
Points : 20091
Reputation : 1437
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A serious error has occured.[SOLVED]

Post by max cool on Sun 26 Feb 2012, 19:40

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,
So your content isn't in PACKAGE format but rather sims3pack? In that case, move the Downloads folder out of your documents\Electronic arts\The sims 3 folder.

I moved the downloads folder to my desktop and tried to start the game and again I got : Unable to start game Sevice initialization failed (0x02957b48)

max cool
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 19
Points : 2089
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-02-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A serious error has occured.[SOLVED]

Post by Adwomin on Sun 26 Feb 2012, 19:47


_________________
Bonsoir, friend.


~ Nobody's gril. ~
avatar
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211
Points : 1026425
Reputation : 2253
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 16
Location : Del Perro Heights

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Re: A serious error has occured.[SOLVED]

Post by max cool on Mon 27 Feb 2012, 02:29

Admin wrote:Hello,

Download and apply this manual patch: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v129-fix-manual-patch

After updating using that manual patch, re-download and re-apply this Fix: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

Okay I did that. My game will now start again. I still can not see my sims on the main menu though.

max cool
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 19
Points : 2089
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-02-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A serious error has occured.[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Mon 27 Feb 2012, 11:20

Hello,
How about a different neighbourhood? Will that start?

_________________
"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

avatar
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112
Points : 20091
Reputation : 1437
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A serious error has occured.[SOLVED]

Post by max cool on Mon 27 Feb 2012, 13:18

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,
How about a different neighbourhood? Will that start?

Yes other neighborhoods work fine only sunset valley will not work

max cool
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 19
Points : 2089
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-02-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A serious error has occured.[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Mon 27 Feb 2012, 14:03

Hello,
I think that save game is corrupt then. What you can do is look at your saves folder, and find the sunsetvalley.sims3 folder. Does it include "bad"?
You can attempt to load the back up, there is a folder named sunsetvalley.sims3.backup, remove that last part and move the original save game from the "saves" folder, see if it loads.

_________________
"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

avatar
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112
Points : 20091
Reputation : 1437
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A serious error has occured.[SOLVED]

Post by max cool on Mon 27 Feb 2012, 22:29

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,
I think that save game is corrupt then. What you can do is look at your saves folder, and find the sunsetvalley.sims3 folder. Does it include "bad"?
You can attempt to load the back up, there is a folder named sunsetvalley.sims3.backup, remove that last part and move the original save game from the "saves" folder, see if it loads.

Yes there is a folder "bad". So on sunsetvalley.sims3.backup delete .backup from name then move the original game somewhere (like my desktop)?

max cool
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 19
Points : 2089
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-02-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A serious error has occured.[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Tue 28 Feb 2012, 08:00

max cool wrote:
Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,
I think that save game is corrupt then. What you can do is look at your saves folder, and find the sunsetvalley.sims3 folder. Does it include "bad"?
You can attempt to load the back up, there is a folder named sunsetvalley.sims3.backup, remove that last part and move the original save game from the "saves" folder, see if it loads.

Yes there is a folder "bad". So on sunsetvalley.sims3.backup delete .backup from name then move the original game somewhere (like my desktop)?

Hello,
Yes that's quite right Wink
You might consider using Twallan's error trap to help prevent corrupted save games in the future.

_________________
"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

avatar
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112
Points : 20091
Reputation : 1437
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A serious error has occured.[SOLVED]

Post by max cool on Wed 29 Feb 2012, 04:04

I did the folder thing and when I loaded the game the sunset valley game was not there

max cool
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 19
Points : 2089
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-02-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum