Sims 3 Launcher asking for nightlife disc, can't use Ultimate Fix

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Launcher asking for nightlife disc, can't use Ultimate Fix

Post by kkthebrain on Wed 29 Feb 2012, 05:33

My Sims 3 Launcher keeps saying, "No game disc found! Please insert The Sims 3 Late Night game disc before proceeding!"

I borrowed that game from a friend, and she borrowed my World Adventures. She has had no problems. I have tried everything I can possibly think of. I've searched the forums, and I've seen similar topics, but nothing that helps me. I obviously can't keep my friend's disc to play, so is there anything I can do to fix this?

I've tried the Ultimate Fix, and my computer couldn't read it, but I found out that I don't have any of the required expansion packs or anything for it anyways. I've uninstalled and reinstalled all my games (I own Sims 3 and the world adventures expansion, and I installed the late night expansion too). I've been trying to fix this for days. Is it possible to fix this?

kkthebrain
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Launcher asking for nightlife disc, can't use Ultimate Fix

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Wed 29 Feb 2012, 10:12

Hello,
There is, but as you have found out for yourself, you don't have the any of the expansions needed to work the fix.
The reason this is working for your friend, is that Late Night came after WA so your friend has the disk you need.

My recommendation would be as follows: Get Master Suite stuff. G4TW's version is less than 1gb so it wont take much time to download it.
Also, Master Suite stuff is a minor stuff pack that consists of only a few items so if you're bothered by downloading illegal games, know that you're only ripping EA off by $15 or so. After installing it, use the Ultimate fix again.
That'll definitely solve your problem.

Edit: I just thought of another thing you can try, this is a mod that disabled disc authentication for legal games, developed to keep your discs safe in the box. It doesn't require any additional expansions, so if you don't want to install anything else, you might want to try this first.
Uninstalling Night Life is also an option, but that will render your save games useless.

Last edited by Lady ElDi on Wed 29 Feb 2012, 12:50; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added possible solutions)

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112