download or not showtime?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

download or not showtime?

Post by techno girl on Thu 01 Mar 2012, 20:17

hey guys!!
i have a lot expansions for sims 3,whenver i downloaded one everytime i got troubles which took me months to solve.
so i want showtime so much!but im afraid i will destroy the game again Wat.
so can you tell me what steps to take before download?(any update,delete on expansion,saves or smth?)
to risk it or not?
ty!!! Hammertime

techno girl
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: download or not showtime?

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Thu 01 Mar 2012, 21:23

Hello,
Good of you to ask.

It's a good idea to backup your save games before you install a new expansion. Do this by going to My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3, find the folder called saves, rightclick and "copy". Now, minimize the folder and paste in another location. Your desktop maybe, or an external storage device. It doesn't matter as long as you can find it later. You can rename the folder you just backupped to something like "Simsaves backup", but its not needed to do so.

Back to the folder you minimized. If you have mods, remove them from your game prior to installing the expansion. Do this by copying the Mods folder, and pasting it to another location. If it has been copied successfully, delete the Mods folder from My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.

Note that if you are using mods, you'll have to replace them with newer versions anyway. This is especially true for mods that change EA scripting (like Nraas mods, or awesomemod), not so much for cc in package format.

You'll definitely need an update, but you'll be prompted to patch the game when you run the new expansions' setup.

You'll also need the fix, which will be updated by Admin when the new expansion is released.

And if you still run into problems, we're here to help Very Happy
And since you've backed up your save games, all you stand to loose is some bandwith and some time if, after installing Showtime, you can't possibly get the game to work.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112