Questions about The Sims 3 Installation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Questions about The Sims 3 Installation

Post by FlashBlitz on Tue 06 Mar 2012, 11:44

I've just read the MUST READ thread about installing the sims 3 corrctly, there are some questions I want to ask. I haven't tried some of them.

1. Why should I install at least one expansion?

2. I've got the installation iso (not from Games4theworld) of the sims 3, and when I installed it and played it, it said it need the disk, so I installed the NO-CD crack. After that, I tried to start the game but it said no game disk found. Some said it's because the crack. And I tried to google it, and games 4 the world. That time, I've just read the thread about installing the sims 3 correctly, and I realized that I haven't installed any expansion.
The question is: What should I do next? Should I back up the sims 3 original files then install the expansion? If so, what should I do next?

3. After following the 5 steps to install the Sims 3 correctly (I mean after all done), if someday later I want to install any other expansion, what should I do?

Sorry if you can't understand me, because I'm not an English speaker. Also I'm newbie at installing the sims 3.

FlashBlitz
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions about The Sims 3 Installation

Post by Aɾყα on Tue 06 Mar 2012, 12:06

Hello,
Welcome to G4TW official forum.
The fix (crack) depends on one of the newer expansions: Generations, Town Life stuff, Pets, Master Suite stuff and when it's released (probably) Showtime. This means you need at least one of those for the crack to work.
I have set up a checklist of things to do before installing a new expansionpack here which will describe how you can back up your save games.
There's no need to make a back up of the original exe's because they're present in the fix.

When you install an expansion after using the fix, you simply install it without using a crack at all, then try your game. If it works, it works, if it doesn't, it's a simple matter of reapplying step 13 in the fix.

Let us know if you have further questions, we're happy to help.

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)