Combining CC in package format. [UPDATED 28 JUNE '13]

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Combining CC in package format. [UPDATED 28 JUNE '13]

Post by Adwomin on Sat 02 Jun 2012, 01:13

Mera wrote:Is it possible to combine the total of combined packages with each other? I mean:
1- First i combine for example 100 packages into 1 package.
2- Second i combine the other 100 packages into one package.
3- And finally can i combine those 2 combined packages?
Haha, very clever!
Please wait for Lady ElDi's reply.
I personally don't think that would be a very good idea.

Adwomin
free society
free society

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Sat 02 Jun 2012, 01:34

Hello,

Actually, that should be no problem at all. Though it is advised to keep a packages' size under 200mb.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by krayzie on Wed 01 Aug 2012, 22:19

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

You need the multipack extractor found "iit wont let me post link lol". Use it to extract all your sims3packs.
I'd recommend making a "staging area" first. Use 2 folders and put the sims3packs you want to convert in one folder, and create another for the resulting packages.
It's a very simple program, the instructions are on the page I linked you to.

Note that you'll get a lot of packages, and they're not named. Instead, they'll have a string of numbers and letters as their identification. You won't be able to tell what's what.

At this point you can combine them all into one package and be done with it. But you should know that there are "junkfiles" inside sims3packs. For example a picture of the item, like the thumbnails you see in the launcher. They serve no purpose when you add them to the game as packages, they only take up space.

[Optional]If you want to get rid of these, download ["it wont let me post link"] to look at each package. If it looks like a thumbnail, delete it.[/Optional]

Combining them into one package is done as described in the tutorial at the top of this page and the program used can also be downloaded from the link in my first post.

ok so i have 640mb of store content in sims3packs in a folder and used multipack extractor to convert them in package files in another folder....after that i downloaded the other program to combine all the packages...and it did put them all in one package....now what do i do???and when was i supposed to delete the thumbnail or that other junk? (and how?)

thanks

krayzie
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Thu 02 Aug 2012, 00:43

Hello,

You can delete the thumbnails with Merlin, but you don't have to. Just place the one package in mods\packages and you're good to go Very Happy

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by krayzie on Thu 02 Aug 2012, 01:14

i tried but it didnt work and but it was with some cc too so i'm guessing some cc was bad or somethin...so i removed all the cc right now i am only combining the store content that i got from here and we'll see if it works Smile

also its a pain in the ass waiting for the packages to combine I is confused

thanks for your help

krayzie
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Thu 02 Aug 2012, 01:30

Hello,

I know all about it. It can be a lot of work.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by krayzie on Thu 02 Aug 2012, 01:42

i deleted the sims 3 folder so i guess everything is uninstalled...they are still getting combined and when the first package is finished i'll add it at mods...i dont have any saves right now i have them in another folder i want to see how the game goes with these packages...also is the 2012 store content decrapified?in mediafire

krayzie
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Thu 02 Aug 2012, 03:34

krayzie wrote:also is the 2012 store content decrapified?in mediafire
Hi there,

Of course it is!

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

Back to top Go down

Post by krayzie on Fri 03 Aug 2012, 20:37

i combined the 2012 store content in one package and the 2011 in another package and they are working but the 2009 and 2010 aren't,they are all combined and everything i put them in the mods same as 2011 and 2012 but when i get in the game it sayz only that i have the 2011 and 2012...maybe sometimes they arent combined good and i should combine them again or something else.

krayzie
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Sat 04 Aug 2012, 03:17

Hello,

Try combining them again.

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series

Back to top Go down

Post by krayzie on Sat 04 Aug 2012, 03:46

ok the 2012 and 2011 is working great...but i just downloaded the 2010 store content again and i divided it in 2 parts (not to make big package) it took like 8hours for the first part...and i just tried it and it wont work...

krayzie
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Sat 04 Aug 2012, 04:10

Hello,

Oef, that sucks indeed! Please wait for Lady ElDi's reply on this one.

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Sat 04 Aug 2012, 13:26

Hello,

After you extract the sims3packs with the multi extractor, use Delphy's Dashboard on the folder you extracted them to.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by krayzie on Fri 17 Aug 2012, 03:00

ok i did that like 3 times now and it wont keep working...all the .sims3packs files are store content and downloaded from here...the mediafire....anyways they keep having conflits with each other after i turne them in one whole package...can any one by any chance that has them post them to be downloaded?u know if they have turned them in a few big packages...
cause this way it wont work...and it taaaaaaaaakes a loooooot for those packages to get combined in to one

krayzie
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AyraMizrim on Wed 12 Sep 2012, 02:50

I've used ccmagic for my sims3packs, and combined my package files with this method.

Can you please give a link for the ccmagic one? Because all my downloads are in .sims3pack form.
Thank you in advance xD
AyraMizrim
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3 (1 and 2) , Dragon age , Dragon age 2 , Kingdoms of Amalur : reckoning, Loki , Fable 1, Fable 2, Fable 3 Neverwinter nights (1 and 2), Dungeon Siege, Bordelands 2 , Lineage 2, Aion, Witcher series
Female Posts : 101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Wed 12 Sep 2012, 02:51

Hello,

Sure, it can be found right here.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AyraMizrim on Thu 13 Sep 2012, 02:04

Thank you so much Lady!!

♡o。.(✿ฺ。 ✿ฺ)
AyraMizrim
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3 (1 and 2) , Dragon age , Dragon age 2 , Kingdoms of Amalur : reckoning, Loki , Fable 1, Fable 2, Fable 3 Neverwinter nights (1 and 2), Dungeon Siege, Bordelands 2 , Lineage 2, Aion, Witcher series
Female Posts : 101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TCA on Wed 21 Nov 2012, 01:21

Oh man did I ever make a good choice to register here! I have about 190Mb of custom content and it, does slow my rig down some. I'm not sure if it would work with NRAAS mods? I do believe his are non-core mods unlike Awesomemod. Would those be good to combine or just leave them as is?
TCA
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : PS4 PS3 (Netflix and Youtube)
Male Posts : 62

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink on Wed 21 Nov 2012, 03:16

If the mods get update to work with different patch versions, it's not recommend to combine them, since you'll have to do the work of figuring out what one it was, download a new update, and then re-combine all of them.
t2sink
Godfather / First Lady
Godfather / First Lady

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4
Male Posts : 1079

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TCA on Wed 21 Nov 2012, 03:43

t2sink wrote:If the mods get update to work with different patch versions, it's not recommend to combine them, since you'll have to do the work of figuring out what one it was, download a new update, and then re-combine all of them.

Oh okay. Yeah I forgot that he does update his for new patches, so they continue to work. I'll just do .packages like hair clothes etc
TCA
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : PS4 PS3 (Netflix and Youtube)
Male Posts : 62

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Need some help, please!

Post by dOt_Q on Tue 27 Nov 2012, 05:00

Lady ElDi wrote:
I believe this folder: My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCBackup holds all of the packages that came from the sims3packs you installed with the launcher. If you put those into sp3e, you can also combine them into a single package, but you'd still have to uninstall them with the launcher because you'll have duplicates if you used the package you created.

Hi, I'm quite new here and I didn't know where to start a new topic and I'm sorry if I did something wrong. I thought it would be ok to post here, since I got my info from here. So I would appreciate some help with my problem, thank you. I have searched here as well as the internet, but I haven't found a solution to my problem.

For a long time now my The Sims 3 games have not been working properly, mind you that every last of them I have bought. The only thing is that the Store CC I have downloaded through this beautiful site, and I have every last CC from you. My game is constantly crashing, either in CAS or when I try to create new outfits and now it's even worse after I installed Seasons. I think there were other factors contributing to the crashing, like: I had saved a sim with custom package file tattoos even though I had deleted the package file, and yes, the tattoos still showed on the sim. So, I decided that I'll make package files out of the CC and re-install the games so I'll have a clean slate to start with.

I didn't want to have to download every CC again, since I haven't kept all of them to save space. Luckily, I saw this post about being able to make package file out of the files in the DCBackup folder. That's what I did. Except during this process I have been getting this error message: Could not open package (name of package).Expected magic tag 'DBPF'. Found 'DBPP'. Not knowing what to do, I just wrote down the file names and copied them them to another folder. I started searching for an answer and found this: "Run the file through the compressorizer before doing the import dealie. That should fix your error. (Ran into that myself a few days ago.)

If you still have problems, I'll try to write it out to make a bit more sense."
This was posted somewhere in the club crimson page. I compressed the files and I still keep getting the error message.

Does anyone know what I should do? Is there anything I can do? Is there a way to identify what items those files are? If there isn't a way, then I'm going to have to start everything from scratch and it really is time consuming tedious work I wouldn't want to start again, unless I really have to.

Please help me with this problem and anyone who tries to help me, I thank you.

Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Fable Series, Kingdom Hearts series, The Sims (All), Portal 1 & 2, BioShock 1 & 2 and many many more.
Female Posts : 16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Natalya on Tue 27 Nov 2012, 06:23

dOt_Q wrote:
Lady ElDi wrote:
I believe this folder: My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCBackup holds all of the packages that came from the sims3packs you installed with the launcher. If you put those into sp3e, you can also combine them into a single package, but you'd still have to uninstall them with the launcher because you'll have duplicates if you used the package you created.

Hi, I'm quite new here and I didn't know where to start a new topic and I'm sorry if I did something wrong. I thought it would be ok to post here, since I got my info from here. So I would appreciate some help with my problem, thank you. I have searched here as well as the internet, but I haven't found a solution to my problem.

For a long time now my The Sims 3 games have not been working properly, mind you that every last of them I have bought. The only thing is that the Store CC I have downloaded through this beautiful site, and I have every last CC from you. My game is constantly crashing, either in CAS or when I try to create new outfits and now it's even worse after I installed Seasons. I think there were other factors contributing to the crashing, like: I had saved a sim with custom package file tattoos even though I had deleted the package file, and yes, the tattoos still showed on the sim. So, I decided that I'll make package files out of the CC and re-install the games so I'll have a clean slate to start with.

I didn't want to have to download every CC again, since I haven't kept all of them to save space. Luckily, I saw this post about being able to make package file out of the files in the DCBackup folder. That's what I did. Except during this process I have been getting this error message: Could not open package (name of package).Expected magic tag 'DBPF'. Found 'DBPP'. Not knowing what to do, I just wrote down the file names and copied them them to another folder. I started searching for an answer and found this: "Run the file through the compressorizer before doing the import dealie. That should fix your error. (Ran into that myself a few days ago.)

If you still have problems, I'll try to write it out to make a bit more sense."
This was posted somewhere in the club crimson page. I compressed the files and I still keep getting the error message.

Does anyone know what I should do? Is there anything I can do? Is there a way to identify what items those files are? If there isn't a way, then I'm going to have to start everything from scratch and it really is time consuming tedious work I wouldn't want to start again, unless I really have to.

Please help me with this problem and anyone who tries to help me, I thank you.

So, not to say this thread is obsolete, but there is another program which combines .Sims3Pack files AND .package files into single ones. If the size of a package is more than 1 GB, then it creates a second one and so on. So, if you have all the store content in package files, just google the program called "CC Magic". After installing it, place every package file you have (NOTE: Worlds, Sims and Lots should be NOT be installed with CC Magic, as it can cause damage to the functionality of the game). So, any objects, hair, clothes you may have in .package file, put it in the Downloads folder (My documents > Electronic Arta > The Sims 3 > Downloads) and just run the program. Do a rebuild and after it's done, you will find your new .package or 2-3 .package files, depending on your ammount of CC under My Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Mods > Cache > Sets. Please before using the program read the guides carefully.

If you wish to install ,Sims, Houses-Lots or Worlds you should use a .Sims3Pack version and install them via the launcher of the Sims 3.

Hope this helps!

Please take my poll for favorite Sims 3 creature : http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t6795-poll-favorite-sim-type#47880
And the poll for favorite Sims 3 Expansion and Stuff pack : http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t6796-poll-favorite-expansion-stuff-pack
Natalya
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, WWE 12, WWE 13, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Harry Potter games
Female Posts : 256

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dOt_Q on Tue 27 Nov 2012, 06:54

Natalya wrote:
So, not to say this thread is obsolete, but there is another program which combines .Sims3Pack files AND .package files into single ones. If the size of a package is more than 1 GB, then it creates a second one and so on. So, if you have all the store content in package files, just google the program called "CC Magic". After installing it, place every package file you have (NOTE: Worlds, Sims and Lots should be NOT be installed with CC Magic, as it can cause damage to the functionality of the game). So, any objects, hair, clothes you may have in .package file, put it in the Downloads folder (My documents > Electronic Arta > The Sims 3 > Downloads) and just run the program. Do a rebuild and after it's done, you will find your new .package or 2-3 .package files, depending on your ammount of CC under My Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Mods > Cache > Sets. Please before using the program read the guides carefully.

If you wish to install ,Sims, Houses-Lots or Worlds you should use a .Sims3Pack version and install them via the launcher of the Sims 3.

Hope this helps!

Thank you. This doesn't exactly help with my problem, but at least know I know I have another option if I need to do everything from the beginning. I also wasn't sure how CCMagic worked even though I have it, you now have given me some idea.

Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Fable Series, Kingdom Hearts series, The Sims (All), Portal 1 & 2, BioShock 1 & 2 and many many more.
Female Posts : 16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Tue 27 Nov 2012, 18:07

Natalya wrote:

Hope this helps!

We actually have information available about CCmagic elsewhere in this section. This is simply yet another option for those that prefer it. Since CCmagic doesn't seem to work it's magic for everyone.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luq Man on Thu 24 Jan 2013, 09:17

Hammertime Hammertime

Last edited by Luq Man on Mon 22 Jul 2013, 04:23; edited 1 time in total
Luq Man
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3 ; Age Of Empire ; Call Of Duty ; Grand Theft Auto IV ; Virtua Tennis ; TopSpin ; Need For Speed Most Wanted (2012) ; Need For Speed World
Male Posts : 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Thu 28 Feb 2013, 01:22

DOWNLOAD LINK UPDATED!

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by ChiK_HeinekeN on Thu 28 Feb 2013, 18:44

If you have a lot of cc in package format, it can easily cause your game to load much slower, or cause in-game lag. You can, however, combine this type of package file into a few larger packages making it easier for your game to load.
Note that it is not recommended to do this with (core)mods since they are updated frequently, but your TSR or Modthesims custom content can easily be combined.
Find the tutorial here, and the program you need here.

Hi! The link to the program doesn't work Smile

//EDIT

Turning packages
to sims3pack is possible, but not nearly as easy as the other way
around, and not with all packages. i never looked into it though.

But
if you convert your sims3packs in your downloadsfolder to packages,
you'll never have to install them again. Simply moving the one package
file to the mods\packages folder will do. You no longer need the
"downloads" folder or the launcher if you convert all sims3packs to
packages.

I believe this folder: My Documents\Electronic Arts\The
Sims 3\DCBackup holds all of the packages that came from the sims3packs
you installed with the launcher. If you put those into sp3e, you can
also combine them into a single package, but you'd still have to
uninstall them with the launcher because you'll have duplicates if you
used the package you created.

If you don't want to install all of your sims3packs, you may want to sort them before converting them to packages.

Hi Lady Eldi Smile

So
if I put the files in the DCBackup or combine them as a single package
in the mods folder..I can erase the files in the download folder and the
files will still appear in the game? Everything including houses and
worlds?

Admin edit: Please do not spam, but use the "Edit" button on your post instead! Thank you.

- ADMIN

Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : D Sims 3, Silent Hill, Resident Evil
Female Posts : 31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: