Installing Showtime deleted all my cc

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installing Showtime deleted all my cc

Post by jojo190980 on Thu 08 Mar 2012, 18:31

After i installed showtime and loaded up all the cc i had installed by sims3pack had gone luckily i saved all the sims3packs but its took 6 hours to reinstall it all and ive still got some left to install is this going to happen everytime i install a new expansion or did i do something wrong?

jojo190980
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Installing Showtime deleted all my cc

Post by Adwomin on Thu 08 Mar 2012, 20:57

Hello,

Were they gone on your launcher?

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Thu 08 Mar 2012, 20:59

Hello,
That shouldn't have happened at all, but might I suggest cc magic which is faster and more user friendly than the launcher? I've used it to install the entire store (3,5GB), took 15-20 minutes.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mslisalisa on Sun 11 Mar 2012, 00:42

The same thing happened to me. All of my custom content is gone. But, I think most of the hair and clothes I downloaded are there from what I can tell. In my case I think it is only effecting sims3 pack files and not package files. My mods that I do use (master controller/overwatch and so on work fine. Even if I download a sim pack set that has several items not all of them will install.

Even though I had a lot of good stuff I had a lot of ugly stuff to so I look at it in a positive way and figure, I can start over and have all my stuff more organized this time around. I also make it a habit if I install something and don't like it I uninstall it right away so I won't have it hanging around.
mslisalisa
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3
Female Posts : 97

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander on Sun 11 Mar 2012, 03:11

mslisalisa wrote:The same thing happened to me. All of my custom content is gone. But, I think most of the hair and clothes I downloaded are there from what I can tell. In my case I think it is only effecting sims3 pack files and not package files. My mods that I do use (master controller/overwatch and so on work fine. Even if I download a sim pack set that has several items not all of them will install.

Even though I had a lot of good stuff I had a lot of ugly stuff to so I look at it in a positive way and figure, I can start over and have all my stuff more organized this time around. I also make it a habit if I install something and don't like it I uninstall it right away so I won't have it hanging around.
Is not gone, is there is one of the problems with the 1.31 patch. My work around was to clear the caches and reinstall all the packs, use the installer to get into the game, check for your CC. If you really want to do a clean-up like I did. Then I backup my my documents EA files and removed it from the My documents folder. Start the game and it will produce a Virgin folder for you. Replace the folders that were not, place back the downloads that you really want and install them, replace your ini.package file where all the changes that you have done to clothes , furniture and stuff are stored, clear the caches before reinstalling! All your CC should be there now.
grieralexander
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord
Male Posts : 239

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum