Showtime a "no go"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Showtime a "no go"

Post by OSOK on Thu 08 Mar 2012, 22:20

OK so I'm new...hi

Under direction I'm creating a new thread...in it i will describe my issue as best i can, along with what i have tried...the number of times i've tried it...and more specifically WHEN i tried it.

So i've got the sims 3...and every expansion and stuff pack. Everything was running perfectly fine with base game patch 1.29 and master suite stuff installed (lunar lakes too...and that mischievous tree)

i downloaded the g4tw release of showtime (a most trusted uploader) and installed it without issue. applied the supplied patch/crack...and the game crashes on launch...this was on 3/7/2012

then i notice a link to a website for g4tw...oh how wonderful a website! yay!...i find the "ultimate fix" a smashing title fitting for my situation being in need of an "ultimate fix" download...apply...launch...fail

then i see some directions for downloading a manual patch (it can't hurt right?...i figured not...but i've been wrong before ask my wife she keeps a tally) download all 942ish mb of it...install...launch...fail

by this time it's the 8th and i've read the entire thread section regarding sims 3 fixes and tried any that applied

doing another search i find the full .iso of the game, again figuring "why not" i download...uninstall showtime...reg delete files...delete any orphans...reboot...load iso...install...apply crack...launch...fail

accepting my temporary situation i go to bed

2 hours later i'm up with the puppy and i refuse to accept the situation as is

coming back to this site i find an update to the "ultimate fix" ah HAH...so that's the issue (at least i thought it was an update the pdf was exactly the same as the one before so...i could have downloaded the exact same file again)

assuming i need to use the g4tw version of the game i go through the process of eradicating the previous version from the computer and reinstall as instructed...this time using the NEW ultimate fix and proceed to launch...and fail

all of this by the way has been done with a "virgin" mods folder as well as no store content...none (meaning if it didn't come on a disc from one of the expansions, or stuff packs, it's not loaded)

so i decide to register with this community...make a post...and here i am

if i must uninstall and reinstall everything...fine, but please for the love of God let that be a last resort.

the base game version 1.31.118...should that be downloaded from EA or installed via the manual patch? or does it matter? or should it not yet be installed?

as far as technical information here is the snippet that windows was kind enough to share with me as to the reason behind the failure

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: TS3W.exe
Application Version: 0.1.0.27
Application Timestamp: 4f2b35b6
Fault Module Name: TS3W.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.1.0.27
Fault Module Timestamp: 4f2b35b6
Exception Code: 80000003
Exception Offset: 0018af16
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 044f
Additional Information 2: 044f5d804e095772eddecffc100bd7ae
Additional Information 3: 84a0
Additional Information 4: 84a0e1afd6e99c6f2f9b860340c5cdce

as for my rig

Windows 7 x64 ultimate
i7 3960X @3.8ghz
32gb corsair
dual gtx580

thank you for all that you've done, you're doing, and may yet do

OSOK
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Showtime a "no go"

Post by silobot on Thu 08 Mar 2012, 22:27

I am having the same issue. I have tried everythiiing. Deleting caches, reinstalling, moving the sims3 folder from documents to desktop, reapplying the ultimate fix, then downloading the lastest patch manually (to see if that made a difference) nothing. Restart computer (just in case) nothing! no mods or custom content either, so no clue. Facepalm

silobot
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aɾყα on Thu 08 Mar 2012, 23:12

@silobot wrote:I am having the same issue. I have tried everythiiing. Deleting caches, reinstalling, moving the sims3 folder from documents to desktop, reapplying the ultimate fix, then downloading the lastest patch manually (to see if that made a difference) nothing. Restart computer (just in case) nothing! no mods or custom content either, so no clue. Facepalm

Hello,
Please open a new topic, it'll make it easier for us to prive more personal support.

@OSOK, van you share a screenshot of the folder you copied the crack to, preferably a detailed view that has file types and such.

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15105

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OSOK on Thu 08 Mar 2012, 23:47

here is a pretty picture for you

I just realized that i put my big orange arrow pointing at the wrong file...it's the one "TS3W" just below it...3/4/2012 and all...but you probably knew that

OSOK
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aɾყα on Thu 08 Mar 2012, 23:56

Hello,
Ok that's good, have a look at these possible crash fixes.

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OSOK on Fri 09 Mar 2012, 00:44

OK redoing step 1 of that allowed the game to load...now all of my CC is gone, i saw the post regarding CC Magic...so i guess i've found my project for tonight

thank you again lady, you've saved my (sims') life

//EDIT

i spoke too soon...i go to reload the game and i get "a serious error has occurred when trying to load ______" insert any neighborhood or save

that on top of all my cc being in the folder but not loading is just prompting me to "redo" everything...the frustration must be addicting because i just cant seem to stop myself Smile

cheers!

OSOK
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aɾყα on Fri 09 Mar 2012, 08:01

Hello,
Ok so the win95 compatibility mode doesn't work for you, so you probably should undo it, but also look for it in your registry. How to find it can be read here.
Have a look at the DEP method after that.
Having said that, this may be more of a problem fo Admin to handle.

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OSOK on Fri 09 Mar 2012, 19:40

no worries...i've "bit the bullet" and have completely removed the sims 3 from my computer

reinstalled everything in chronological order and have only allowed the game to be updated via the discs and not the launcher

the game at current loads as a fresh install and am now attempting to teach this game to see the mods folder...as of yet it has not done so...i'm using the framework method from modthesims wiki and so far the intro and buildsparkles still show up

OSOK
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Fri 09 Mar 2012, 23:00

Hello,

And if you did update to the latest version, might want to read this: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t3887-breaking-news-ea-breaks-new-record-don-t-update-to-132

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by OSOK on Sat 10 Mar 2012, 04:02

ok latest update

i have reinstalled everything and only allowed each disc to update the game and not the launcher

i am running 1.31.118.blah blah blah and the game is running quite well

however the katy perry content is not showing up...so that's what i'm researching now

OSOK
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aɾყα on Sat 10 Mar 2012, 12:38

Hello,
Did it install, or did you get another one of those software failures?

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OSOK on Sun 11 Mar 2012, 01:00

i've received no error..and according to the launcher the katy perry content installs but i've yet to find the venue in the community lot list...so basically if it's installing correctly i can't find it...and if it ISN'T installing correctly then...well i can't find it either, i have removed all sims3packs and am using strictly package files and will install ONLY the LE and KP content to see if i can then see it

//EDIT

OK now i'm getting the "installation failed please make sure you have the latest updates" so now the launcher is not allowing installs unless you've got the most current patch?

OSOK
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander on Sun 11 Mar 2012, 01:34

@OSOK wrote:i've received no error..and according to the launcher the katy perry content installs but i've yet to find the venue in the community lot list...so basically if it's installing correctly i can't find it...and if it ISN'T installing correctly then...well i can't find it either, i have removed all sims3packs and am using strictly package files and will install ONLY the LE and KP content to see if i can then see it

Ok, you are not alone on this one, this is one of the things patch 1.32 was suppose to fix. 1. Try finding your items using the buy debug cheat, and see if they are there 2. If still no show, close the game, clear the caches and reinstall fresh KP content and which ever other content that you may notice that is missing. Start the game once more, after reinstalling through the launcher and look for the content in Buy Build and if not with the buy debug. Let us know!
grieralexander
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord
Male Posts : 239

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aɾყα on Sun 11 Mar 2012, 10:48

Hello,

I haven't been able to find that venue myself, but I did notice other LE content in my game. A banana, and a slice of watermelon Laughing to name a few.
Anyway, I've made them into package files and will see if they show up later, and I'll get back to you.

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OSOK on Mon 12 Mar 2012, 16:06

anyone know anything about a "challengedata.package" if this is what i think it is...things are going to get rather interesting regarding store content

my theory is this is a "check and balance" against EA servers regarding what should and should not be present in the game

this package has a unique identifier in it that validates the packages that otherwise do not appear

i believe if this is the case EA is testing it with the KP content...those without a valid "challengedata.package" will not be able to install the sims3pack

but this is all just "from the hip" as i have no direct way of proving my theory

as for making package files i too did this...and now the KP venue appears in the list

OSOK
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aɾყα on Mon 12 Mar 2012, 16:13

Hello,

The store updates we're using wouldn't be recognized as such, since they've been decrapified and altered in a way that changes them sims3packs.
So far I've found a few other items, since I extracted and repacked them. The dj booth for example now shows up, but no sign of the venue yet.

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander on Mon 12 Mar 2012, 16:28

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

The store updates we're using wouldn't be recognized as such, since they've been decrapified and altered in a way that changes them sims3packs.
So far I've found a few other items, since I extracted and repacked them. The dj booth for example now shows up, but no sign of the venue yet.

OH lady, I got you on this one! The Venue is in my game!!! Actually 2 times! lol!
grieralexander
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord
Male Posts : 239

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aɾყα on Mon 12 Mar 2012, 17:19

@grieralexander wrote:
Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

OH lady, I got you on this one! The Venue is in my game!!! Actually 2 times! lol!

Lol, nice.

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)