a huge conundrum. please help. [SOLVED]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

a huge conundrum. please help. [SOLVED]

Post by jane89 on Fri 09 Mar 2012, 05:29

I need some serious help from someone who knows what they're talking about.

Basically, I've been having issues with Sims 3 for over a year and all my attempts to fix it, including buying a new computer, have not worked. Yes, I am committed but I'm gonna go insane pretty soon.

It all started with random crashing over a year ago. That's where my sims journey down the path of hell began. I don't remember much from back then but I reinstalled everything recently (few months ago) on a new computer.

First of all..
Exclamation Yes, my specs are good. Yes, everything is up to date. Yes, I use CC and mods. I have tried everything on the internet so please don't give me silly answers. I need some real help.

Most recently, the game started crashing. "Sims 3 has stopped working" or something or other, is the windows 7 msg that I would get as my game would crash to desktop. With the assistance of (but not much, really) Delphy's Dashboard, CC Magic, Patch Updater, Crash Log Analyzer, etc etc etc, as well as advice from mod creators, I have not been able to track down the issue. Yes I am aware that it may be custom content but I currently have over 1000 files. Nothing else shows up on Delphy's Dashboard as being problematic, however I noticed that with CC Magic when I single out and enable a folder with a few files (took me forever and a half), individual files didn't seem to have an issue.

Once I started using CC Magic, everything seemed ok until I started getting the 'materializing materials' issue when trying to use the CAP tool in game. It was the way the files were merged by CC Magic as a whole that seemed to cause the issue. I say that because if I had 5 files in one folder and enabled nothing but that folder and ran the game, I'd get the error. If I singled all those files out, enabled solely one by one, the files themselves didn't seem to cause the same error.

So I deleted CC Magic in hopes that the game would work well on its own now. Well to my (un)surprise, the game crashed as soon as it would start up. Back to square one. The new patch came out (1.31) and Showtime, so I downloaded and patched, and used the games4theworld fix that seems to solve most issues. Well, now my game loads up ok, but doesn't recognize any of my saves, so I can't pull up previous games. Tried to open launcher, but it's giving me the 'Sims3Launcher has stopped working' issue. Ok, back to google. Tried deleting the damn 'missingdeps.idx' file in DC Backup. Worked for a lot of people but of course, not for me. Tried everything I could find online, didn't work.

So here I am, telling you about half of the details, with countless hours spent trying to fix countless issues, and I'm about to shoot myself in the face.

If anyone is willing to help me out, not the half baked kind of 'is your computer on?' help, I'd really really appreciate it. For god's sake I just want to play!!! Crying or Very sad

Mod edit: Topic moved to the right section.

- Lady ElDi

jane89
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: a huge conundrum. please help. [SOLVED]

Post by Aɾყα on Fri 09 Mar 2012, 15:59

Hello,
I think the problem is right in front of you but you're not willing to face it yet. Over a 1000 cc's?? I think you ought to sit down and sort them out, if anything. Delphy's dashboard is a fine tool but it doesn't find 100% of the conflicts.
My advice to you would be is to take an afternoon off and sort through your CC finding out if any of them cause the problem. Having CC is nice, but doesn't do much for ya if it prevents you from properly playing your game.
So I would start by removing them entirely for the moment and see how that works. It seems like its conflict upon conflict if you ask me and it is going to be a lot of work to find out which cc(s) is doing it.
So I would start by making batches of 100 files at most (and that's stretching it far and wide!) and testing these batches one by one.

Even the best pc would go nuts with that many packages or sims3packs though so you may also want to consider making a number of repacks (look here) and if it is sims3packs you have, consider unpacking them with Delphy's multiinstaller after which they can be identified and repacked into package files.
And risking that I state the obvious, if you have mods aside from cc they have to be compatible with your current game version.

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15105

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jane89 on Fri 09 Mar 2012, 17:42

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,
I think the problem is right in front of you but you're not willing to face it yet. Over a 1000 cc's?? I think you ought to sit down and sort them out, if anything. Delphy's dashboard is a fine tool but it doesn't find 100% of the conflicts.
My advice to you would be is to take an afternoon off and sort through your CC finding out if any of them cause the problem. Having CC is nice, but doesn't do much for ya if it prevents you from properly playing your game.
So I would start by removing them entirely for the moment and see how that works. It seems like its conflict upon conflict if you ask me and it is going to be a lot of work to find out which cc(s) is doing it.
So I would start by making batches of 100 files at most (and that's stretching it far and wide!) and testing these batches one by one.

Even the best pc would go nuts with that many packages or sims3packs though so you may also want to consider making a number of repacks (look here) and if it is sims3packs you have, consider unpacking them with Delphy's multiinstaller after which they can be identified and repacked into package files.
And risking that I state the obvious, if you have mods aside from cc they have to be compatible with your current game version.

As I had mentioned in my original post, I took several afternoons off and did just that using CC Magic. 'Not willing to face it yet'? Mad Someone got out of bed on the wrong foot. Rolling Eyes

jane89
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aɾყα on Fri 09 Mar 2012, 17:56

@jane89 wrote:

As I had mentioned in my original post, I took several afternoons off and did just that using CC Magic. 'Not willing to face it yet'? Mad Someone got out of bed on the wrong foot. Rolling Eyes

Excuse me, if you didn't want any suggestions you didn't have to post your question here.
I am not, as you seem to assume, suggesting you use cc magic at all. I happened to read your post several times and carefully for that matter.
Mod forums are full of tips on how to avoid game lag and game crashes caused by 100's of cc's and you're telling me you have 1000+ cc files, that you are committed to playing your game, and yet you seem unwilling to consider the idea that maybe it is just too much.
You come in here assuming that you're going to be asked silly questions, or made fun of (we are not MATY). Hence why you start out with stating that you're looking for serious help and someone who knows what they're talking about. And going in that direction again with your last sentence "If anyone is willing to help me out, not the half baked kind of 'is your computer on?'".
The reason I am here answering your post and trying to think with you, is that I enjoy helping people out in a friendly way. You could see that all over the forum.
I did not, in fact, get out of bed on the wrong foot at all.
I am here to help you seriously and to think with you, but a little appreciation for the free time I put into this would be appropriate.

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jane89 on Fri 09 Mar 2012, 18:33

Lady ElDi wrote:
@jane89 wrote:

Excuse me, if you didn't want any suggestions you didn't have to post your question here.
I am not, as you seem to assume, suggesting you use cc magic at all. I happened to read your post several times and carefully for that matter.
Mod forums are full of tips on how to avoid game lag and game crashes caused by 100's of cc's and you're telling me you have 1000+ cc files, that you are committed to playing your game, and yet you seem unwilling to consider the idea that maybe it is just too much.
You come in here assuming that you're going to be asked silly questions, or made fun of (we are not MATY). Hence why you start out with stating that you're looking for serious help and someone who knows what they're talking about. And going in that direction again with your last sentence "If anyone is willing to help me out, not the half baked kind of 'is your computer on?'".
The reason I am here answering your post and trying to think with you, is that I enjoy helping people out in a friendly way. You could see that all over the forum.
I did not, in fact, get out of bed on the wrong foot at all.
I am here to help you seriously and to think with you, but a little appreciation for the free time I put into this would be appropriate.

First of all, I'm not here to battle it out with anyone, so if that's what you are looking for, then I don't have time for that. Please don't get all psychological on me telling me that I'm 'not ready to face the truth.' It's out of line and ridiculous. And your statements about me 'assuming' seems to be you projecting, since I didn't say you wanted me to use CC Magic. What I said was that it was what I USED before. And it was a good program to use because it allowed me to do what I needed in an easy matter and to figure out what cc was causing the issue. Your personal opinion that I should delete all or half of my cc because it is 'too much', or whatever else you are suggesting, isn't the point at which I'm at yet. I know plenty of people with a lot of CC who run their game just fine, therefore I am determined to do all I can to make it work with the CC first, even if I have to delete a good bit of it if it is causing a problem. Idk what kind of issues you have with the other forums but I haven't even been there, so I suggest you figure that out on your own time. I do want suggestions and I do appreciate your time but the one making a lot of assumptions is you.

Again, I have already sorted through the CC carefully in an attempt to find the culprits. I did delete some files that seemed to have issues and yes I realize that Delphy's Dashboard doesn't recognize all files with issues. I'm not going to just delete all my CC in a silly conclusion that all of it is problematic, though if it comes to that I will. I just haven't reached that conclusion yet. My main issue now is that the launcher isn't working. I've tried everything I could find online but it's still not working. If I could start the launcher and redownload the CC that I had previously pulled out, I could probably see if the game is still having issues or not.

jane89
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OSOK on Fri 09 Mar 2012, 19:01

OK so you've given half of the details...how do i go about finding out the other half?

i'm thinking the half you've omitted is the half that is needed to atleast assist you (free of charge) if you're going to come basically demanding help...the absolute LEAST you could do is give the whole story

things like system specs
windows version
what expansions and stuff packs you have
if your custom content is in package form...sims3pack form...or both
are all of your games legit (yeah it does kind of matter as some bootleg versions aren't exactly reliable...and no i don't care if they worked before...as it matters as updates and patches go on...what you started with)

these things will help tremendously

OSOK
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aɾყα on Fri 09 Mar 2012, 19:07

Hello,
You're seeing battles that aren't there and I'm not sure I like your attitude towards me. If one of us is out of line, it certainly isn't me Rolling Eyes
You're coming in here with the attitude of someone who's had plenty of bad experiences asking questions on forums and we're not those people. I have done my best to try to help you in a friendly way but it would appear that you're not seeing that. I'm not out to troll you or make fun of you in any way. This isn't primary school, I enjoy this as my hobby and besides I am too old for that kind of sugar honey iced tea.

Anyway, I'm not suggesting you delete all (or any of) your cc. I'm merely suggesting trying your game without any of your cc's. Then testing them a few at a time to manually look for conflicts. And yes that is a lot of work but if you're determined to play your game and keep most of your cc its simply something you're going to have to do and it seems to me like you already know that and yeah I get that it's something you're not looking forward to and maybe you were hoping for the one solution no one told you about that would fix this.

Anyway, before that you may want to ask yourself if your problems started at a specific time after you installed a new patch, a new pack, a new cc. But you probably already did ask yourself and you're probably aware of problems caused by Pets with cc that worked with previous titles.
You may want to tell me where you got your games, are they store bought, digitally bought or pirated and from where. Which expansions do you have, which patch level are you on and did you crack at some point.

I get that its frustrating that you can't play your game at the moment but please do not take it out on me I'm not the one with all the answers, I'm just the one volunteering my time here to try and work it out with you.

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jane89 on Fri 09 Mar 2012, 19:11

@OSOK wrote:OK so you've given half of the details...how do i go about finding out the other half?

i'm thinking the half you've omitted is the half that is needed to atleast assist you (free of charge) if you're going to come basically demanding help...the absolute LEAST you could do is give the whole story

things like system specs
windows version
what expansions and stuff packs you have
if your custom content is in package form...sims3pack form...or both
are all of your games legit (yeah it does kind of matter as some bootleg versions aren't exactly reliable...and no i don't care if they worked before...as it matters as updates and patches go on...what you started with)

these things will help tremendously

The fact that I said I only gave half the information was not literal. I just meant that I basically can't take my experience and put it in other people's heads to see exactly what went down. But basically, what I said is what it is. I already mentioned that the specs are good enough for the game, and I have Windows 7. My cc is both. My games are not legit. And I'm not demanding anything. I'm asking for help. If I sound a bit frustrated it's because I am but don't take that personally.

jane89
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aɾყα on Fri 09 Mar 2012, 19:16

Hello,
Trust me, I can imagine your frustration.
Shall we try to continue on the right foot then? And can you please tell us which expansions you have and your base game version?

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jane89 on Fri 09 Mar 2012, 19:17

You're seeing battles that aren't there and I'm not sure I like your attitude towards me. If one of us is out of line, it certainly isn't me Rolling Eyes
You're coming in here with the attitude of someone who's had plenty of bad experiences asking questions on forums and we're not those people. I have done my best to try to help you in a friendly way but it would appear that you're not seeing that. I'm not out to troll you or make fun of you in any way. This isn't primary school, I enjoy this as my hobby and besides I am too old for that kind of sugar honey iced tea.

Anyway, I'm not suggesting you delete all (or any of) your cc. I'm merely suggesting trying your game without any of your cc's. Then testing them a few at a time to manually look for conflicts. And yes that is a lot of work but if you're determined to play your game and keep most of your cc its simply something you're going to have to do and it seems to me like you already know that and yeah I get that it's something you're not looking forward to and maybe you were hoping for the one solution no one told you about that would fix this.

Anyway, before that you may want to ask yourself if your problems started at a specific time after you installed a new patch, a new pack, a new cc. But you probably already did ask yourself and you're probably aware of problems caused by Pets with cc that worked with previous titles.
You may want to tell me where you got your games, are they store bought, digitally bought or pirated and from where. Which expansions do you have, which patch level are you on and did you crack at some point.

I get that its frustrating that you can't play your game at the moment but please do not take it out on me I'm not the one with all the answers, I'm just the one volunteering my time here to try and work it out with you.

Ok, I'm just going to ignore the irrelevant part of this conversation. However, like I said in my previous reply, if I come off with attitude, don't take it personally. I'm just very stressed with the game. I'm simply trying to be blunt and forward, as it seems to be the fastest way to solve things.

I would like to test it without the cc but as I have already mentioned, I need to solve the launcher issue first. Yes I do know I can start the game without the launcher. My games are nonlegit and I have all of them. I'm on 1.31 now.

jane89
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aɾყα on Fri 09 Mar 2012, 19:19

Hello,
What kind of crack do you have?

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jane89 on Fri 09 Mar 2012, 19:19

Trust me, I can imagine your frustration.
Shall we try to continue on the right foot then? And can you please tell us which expansions you have and your base game version?

Thanks, that's appreciated. My base game version is 1.31 and I have all the expansions.

//EDIT

What kind of crack do you have?

games4theworld crack

jane89
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aɾყα on Fri 09 Mar 2012, 19:23

Hello,
The Showtime one or the fix? And if its the fix, when did you apply it?
I'm asking because EA released a patch today and applying the fix will update the game to 1.32 if applied according to the installation guide.

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jane89 on Fri 09 Mar 2012, 19:27

The Showtime one or the fix? And if its the fix, when did you apply it?
I'm asking because EA released a patch today and applying the fix will update the game to 1.32 if applied according to the installation guide.

I wasn't able to turn on the launcher to update the game to 1.31, so I manually updated it to 1.31. Then I downloaded Showtime from games4theworld and used that crack. Then I applied the fix.

//EDIT

Just checked to be sure, and I have the 1.31. Haven't updated to 1.32 yet.

jane89
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aɾყα on Fri 09 Mar 2012, 19:32

Hello,
Ok that is good to know.
I will be away for about an hour because my kids have to go to bed now.
Meanwhile, try uninstalling Origin. That has been known to fix launcher issues in some cases.

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jane89 on Fri 09 Mar 2012, 19:35

Ok that is good to know.
I will be away for about an hour because my kids have to go to bed now.
Meanwhile, try uninstalling Origin. That has been known to fix launcher issues in some cases.

Will do and will report back. Thanks so much!

//EDIT

Ok, so I uninstalled Origin and it didn't work. Here's what it says:

Sims3Launcher has stopped working

Problem Details:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: Sims3LauncherW.exe
Application Version: 0.1.0.27
Application Timestamp: 4f2b39da
Fault Module Name: StackHash_1612
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Offset: 02ccf00c
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 1612
Additional Information 2: 16124644c21b5089e62dc45ec2be09f2
Additional Information 3: ba2d
Additional Information 4: ba2d0f36082f2b1dda09b3f2e8691761

Not sure if that will be useful but thought I'd put it there just in case.

jane89
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername on Fri 09 Mar 2012, 20:32

I was having a problem similar to this, on a smaller scale though, and when I went through my cc, just getting rid of things I don't use, and cleared my cache files that helped with the game crashing. I had... I think around 800 cc files, and it really was just bogging everything down. So that's something I would suggest along with everything Lady Eldi has suggested.

I'm not going to be any help with the launcher though, since I haven't used mine except for downloads in about 5 months, and had all legit games and no issues with it up to that point. Then for a bit I was using the TS3W.exe to start the game, and that completely bypasses the launcher, if you haven't tried that yet, you could always give that a shot to starting the game again..

I hope something I said has helped you, and that if it didn't, then I hope you find the help you need. Smile
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aɾყα on Fri 09 Mar 2012, 20:40

Hello,
That may mean something to Admin, thanks.
Now, you have a lot of cc, but those aren't the problem usually. There are some issues after Pets but nothing that would cause a crash and would only be a (minor) annoyance in game.

But how about mods. Mods can cause a lot of problems if they're outdated in game but with the launcher too. If you don't have any, you can just disregard that but if you do, find out if whoever made them updated them.
Do me a favour and take your mods folder out of your My Documents for the moment and back it up somewhere safe. Better yet, copy the entire The Sims 3 folder from My Documents\Electronic arts and paste it somewhere safe, then delete the one from My Documents\Electronic arts and start your game.

This will take care of outdated mods for the moment just for testing purposes, but it also effectively takes care of bad cache's since the game will create new one's so test it for a little while up until the moment you're thinking "by now it isn't going to crash anymore" then you exit the game.

Check whether or not any of the mods (Like Awesomemod, Nraas mods) have been updated to match 1.31 and replace the old versions if you haven't done so already.
Go to the The Sims 3 folder you backed up earlier before removing it from My Documents\Electronic arts, open it, and copy the Mods folder (with updated mods)to the newly created My Documents\Electronic arts\The Sims 3 folder and see if it makes any difference. If it doesn't, we have effectively ruled out your cc as the problem and it may have been bad cache files.
If it does, try updating your resourcefile. If you're sure it's up to date, or it doesn't make a difference after updating, it is time to check your cc. I hear CAS cc's tend to cause issues most often, so you may want to look at those first.
Seeing that you have so much, can I assume you have organized it in some way?

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jane89 on Fri 09 Mar 2012, 20:56

@invalidusername wrote:I was having a problem similar to this, on a smaller scale though, and when I went through my cc, just getting rid of things I don't use, and cleared my cache files that helped with the game crashing. I had... I think around 800 cc files, and it really was just bogging everything down. So that's something I would suggest along with everything Lady Eldi has suggested.

I'm not going to be any help with the launcher though, since I haven't used mine except for downloads in about 5 months, and had all legit games and no issues with it up to that point. Then for a bit I was using the TS3W.exe to start the game, and that completely bypasses the launcher, if you haven't tried that yet, you could always give that a shot to starting the game again..

I hope something I said has helped you, and that if it didn't, then I hope you find the help you need. Smile

Thanks so much! I was actually needing the launcher to reinstall current downloads that I pulled out for a time. I'm not actually using it to start the game. And I do clear my cache files consistently. Thank you though! Smile

//EDIT

So should I update to 1.32 to fix the issues? What does the new patch address, anyway?

jane89
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aɾყα on Fri 09 Mar 2012, 22:05

Hello,
No that wont do much I'm afraid that's only a security update for the new social features.
Have you considered Delphy's multipack installer for your sims3packs?

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jane89 on Fri 09 Mar 2012, 22:06

No that wont do much I'm afraid that's only a security update for the new social features.
Have you considered Delphy's multipack installer for your sims3packs?

I haven't. Have looked through a lot of programs and have never seen that one. I'll go look into it right now. Any other ideas for the launcher?

*edit* Just looked it up, and it says "this is NOT a replacement for the Launcher. It will NOT give extracted
packages the custom content icon. It is PURELY meant to extract
Sims3Packs so that you may put them in your Mods\Packages folder, or
subfolders thereof."

So this will not work for me uploading files to the game instead of the launcher?

jane89
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aɾყα on Fri 09 Mar 2012, 22:10

Hello,
Have you tried opening the properties and check the box "run as Administrator"?

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jane89 on Fri 09 Mar 2012, 22:33

Have you tried opening the properties and check the box "run as Administrator"?

Yep.

//EDIT

I'm going to try to uninstall and reinstall at this point. Maybe that'll
solve the launcher problem, to start with. Will let you know how it
goes. I am just running out of options and ideas and this seems like the
only thing to do at this point :/

jane89
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Fri 09 Mar 2012, 23:56

Hello,

Could you please post a screenshot of the launcher problem?
Also, be sure to read this post: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t3887-breaking-news-ea-breaks-new-record-don-t-update-to-132

And remember; Patience, is the key to success.
Don't stress too much, it's just a game. Relax, sit back and don't worry.

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by jane89 on Sat 10 Mar 2012, 00:17

I am reinstalling the base game to update 1.31, so I can't take a screenshot at the moment but it looks just like this:

And thanks. I'm actually running a blog for sims with a story, so I'm anxious to get back to it Razz So I really enjoy playing. I did read that link you posted. EA can be douche bags sometimes I swear Evil or Very Mad Hope you guys figure out a way around that new patch as well.

Will let you all know how it goes when I reinstall the base game. Thanks!

//EDIT

I have just reinstalled the base game, used the manual patch for 1.31,
and I still get the Launcher error. This is what it looks like directly
from my computer:

I'm not sure what to do at this point since now I don't think a complete reinstall of everything will even work WhatDidUJustCallMe?

//EDIT

I tried to update the .NET framework, since someone online suggested it, and that didn't work either.

Edit:
I now tried to open the game just to see what would happen, since I
re-downloaded the base game and reapplied the games4theworld crack, and
once the game loaded up it game me a message that asked me to insert the
showtime cd. This shouldn't be happening WhatDidUJustCallMe?

What now? WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Admin edit: Please do not spam, but use the "Edit" button on your post! Thank you.

- ADMIN

jane89
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum