Sims 3 has stopped working

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Sims 3 has stopped working

Post by ButterScotch Kisses on Wed 14 Mar 2012, 20:58

Hello,

I had version NRass Master Controller V74 which did work before the Showtime EP came out. Then I upgrade to V82, and it doesn't work at all. Now neither of them work. I go back and the V82 is no longer there on the website. If you know of one that will actually work or is compatiable with the new patch we have I would be grateful if u let me know please. Also I would post the link where I got the one I was using, but I don't know if it against forum rules to posts other sites stuff.

Thank you,

Kisses Smile

ButterScotch Kisses
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Wed 14 Mar 2012, 22:03

Hello,

Are you on The Sims 3 version 1.32 already?

Adwomin
free society
free society

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander on Thu 15 Mar 2012, 00:54

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController+Phase+Seven
Hello,
Did you check here? I just downloaded it to test. It has been documented that some mods are causing issues with the patch; however not as to drastically making the game crash, unless they are audated or a component of that mod, like cheats, whoohoer, integration, was not updated at the time the base mod is updated. MC is a non core mod and as far as scripting goes it remained the same from patch 1.31 to 1.32. MasterController's purview is to provide functionality to manage the
population of your town. The mod provides manual interactions for
altering sims either individually or en-masse.

The base-mod does not contain any automated functionality, and does not leave any data corruption when uninstalled improperly.

• Note: The optional modules may contain automated functionality or injection data.
  • Note: There may be another oudated mod causing compatibilty problems.
Check and test after updating all your sliders, core mods, scripting mods or override mods. Hair, skin and makeup, seldom cause problems, unless the patch or EP makes new bone assigments or category assigments.
Let us know
grieralexander
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord
Male Posts : 239

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by poljan6 on Thu 15 Mar 2012, 05:36

just wanna share, i just delete mastercontroller and use the fix then the game doesn't stop working anymore Smile

poljan6
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aɾყα on Thu 15 Mar 2012, 10:07

Hello,

I'm using the latest MC base mod and cheats module myself without problems. Though not likely, it is possible MC conflicts with another mod.

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15105

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ButterScotch Kisses on Fri 16 Mar 2012, 04:58

Hello,

I am using the 1.32 and ur fix, and yes I did delete the master controller I had and no problems since, however I will try the info grier provided and see if that works. I saw the dreaded 1.33 update I dare not embark on that until its an all clear. I'll try the other master controller and let you know how it works out.

Thanks,

Kisses Smile
ButterScotch Kisses
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander on Fri 16 Mar 2012, 05:15

@ButterScotch Kisses wrote:Hello,

I am using the 1.32 and ur fix, and yes I did delete the master controller I had and no problems since, however I will try the info grier provided and see if that works. I saw the dreaded 1.33 update I dare not embark on that until its an all clear. I'll try the other master controller and let you know how it works out.

Thanks,

Kisses Smile

Please do and do not update yet, wait and see what the Admin has to say. EA is desperately trying to fix what they've broken. Before you Test your game fine comb for any slider, game modifier ( the ones that do not let fleas on pets, etc.) pull everything out. Separate them into folders by what they modify; for example: Hair in one, clothes in another, sliders. Then after your game is running, try adding them by the folders you've created. If the game crashes after adding a folder then the bad cc is in there and we can further split it into smaller parts until we find the one.
Also, note what were you doing at the moment the game crash. Sometimes the animation of an item or when a sims keeps on looping and can not perform an action, could cause a crash. For example: I had deleted a family and moved a new one to the house. Well, the game borked and could not save and I was wondering what was going on. Finally I pinpointed it to bar drinks that were left on the bar and every time the new sim went there to practice mixology the action got stuck. I reseted the lot, cleaned everything with MC, had no problems afterwards.
I am glad you finally got it to work, update everything to your new patch level and keep us posted.
grieralexander
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord
Male Posts : 239

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum