Sims 3 and Origin

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 and Origin

Post by KPJ on Mon 12 Mar 2012, 22:24

Hello all,

I just came to the conclusion, after installing a pirate copy of The Sims 3, that I also have bought games on Origin in a legitimate way. Yet Origin is a bit of an odd program and even states in the EULA that if you install it, you allow it to scan your computer.

Now I'm bit bit hesitant to run The Sims 3 as I care about my legitimate games, is there any risk that my account will get blocked because of this pirate copy? Is there anyone on the forums that for say, own BF3 in a legitimate way and a pirated copy of Sims 3 and got it to work without any consequences?

Thanks for your help.

KPJ
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 and Origin

Post by Adwomin on Mon 12 Mar 2012, 22:56

Hello,

Well, I have BF3 bought via Origin and I play test The Sims 3. The answer is: no, there's nothing you need to worry about.
EA is not allowed to scan your PC and it's not their business what other programs you use and how you use them.
It's their job to prevent people from using pirated copies and not to find people using pirated copies. That's something for the police, so to speak.

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19210

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum