It worked and then it didn't

View previous topic View next topic Go down

It worked and then it didn't

Post by co9ol on Tue 13 Mar 2012, 00:11

I have had the sims 3 for a while now and always paid for the expansion packs but I decided to try out the show time expansion.
So I downloaded it, updated to 1.32 and it stopped working. So I did some reading and applied the ultimate fix and them it worked again, then it crashed. And now it doesn't work anymore. I've tried deleting my cache files and everything. The launcher won't work at all and the shortcut only gets me a black screen and a frozen program. The only thing I haven't done is patched the other expansion packs because I want to keep them legit.

Any Ideas?

co9ol
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It worked and then it didn't

Post by grieralexander on Tue 13 Mar 2012, 00:20

co9ol wrote:I have had the sims 3 for a while now and always paid for the expansion packs but I decided to try out the show time expansion.
So I downloaded it, updated to 1.32 and it stopped working. So I did some reading and applied the ultimate fix and them it worked again, then it crashed. And now it doesn't work anymore. I've tried deleting my cache files and everything. The launcher won't work at all and the shortcut only gets me a black screen and a frozen program. The only thing I haven't done is patched the other expansion packs because I want to keep them legit.

Any Ideas?

First, You did not applied the fix. For the fix to be applied you need to follow all the steps without skipping one of them. It is not a question of the programs being Legit; I own all EPs and stuff packs registered at EA; however when pets came out and existing problems got worst I opted to apply the fix, which actually solved my problems. Most people posting on the web bought their copy and are having problems with the patches; while EA gives them the run-around we give you an alternate solution to solve the problem at hand. In the End the choice of weather or not to apply the fix is yours.
If you need further assistance, feel free to contact us.
Regards
grieralexander
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord
Male Posts : 239

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by co9ol on Tue 13 Mar 2012, 00:38

Thank you for the quick reply. I tried applying the other patches for the expansion packs (why not if I can't use it at all) and nothing has changed. As I can't even open the launcher I wasn't able to do the refresh this time.

co9ol
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander on Tue 13 Mar 2012, 00:50

Hello,
By reading your posts Iam able to tell you you have made a series of mistakes; when installing your version and patching by not following the Fix instructions. At this point and not to cause you undue stress, because what is done is done; however, your problem has a solution. Wait until you see the ADMIN online at the forum; which he does at various time and ask for his assistance in the Chat box. I am very confident that he will get this issue resolved for you.
My best Wishes.
grieralexander
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord
Male Posts : 239

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum