If you are having problems patching -- this might help!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

If you are having problems patching -- this might help!

Post by SusieCC on Thu 15 Mar 2012, 16:03

I just installed showtime without a hitch, and I figured since so many of you are having problems that I'd share what I done.

Step 1. Download the updated fix HERE
Step 2. Extract the fix to a folder on your desktop.
Step 3. Open the folder "Base Game" and copy the files inside, and paste them into /program files (x86 for win7) /electronic arts/the sims 3/game/bin and choose replace.
Step 4. Now, any other EP/SP's you have, the process will be the same, if you have world adventures, copy the files that are inside the world adventures folder of the fix and paste them into the bin of the world adventures folder, basically its the same as step 3, only your not opening "the sims 3" your opening "the sims 3 world adventures. Do that over and over until you get to the following ep's Generations/town life/pets/master suite/showtime. You don't have to copy those files individually -- all you need to do is copy the files that are inside the generations/town life/pets/master suite/showtime folder of the fix and paste it into program files(x86 for win7)/electronic arts/the sims 3/game/bin and choose replace

!!**NOTE THATS THE BASE GAME FOLDER, IT WONT WORK IF YOU PASTE IT ANYWHERE ELSE.**!!

Step 5. Rename your "the sims 3" folder to Installing, that way your mods/cc wont hurt the install, always patch/install ep with a clean folder.
Step 6. Install showtime, which will also generate a clean my documents folder.
Step 7. Open the launcher, click refresh and install the 1.32 update.
Step 8. Go to the ultimate fix folder and open the folder called #crack into program files (x86 for win7)/electronic arts/the sims 3/game/bin and choose replace.
Step 9. Open the launcher and test run the game. Once you know that your game is working, you can copy all your cc/mods/sims/saves from your "installing" folder into the new "the sims 3" folder.

Personally I think the problem is not copying those original files back into your games before installing. As EA obviously has some sort of script or whatever that recognizes that its cracked files inside your directory. I am not saying that this will fix everyone's problems or that I am right about the cause of the problems you are experiencing. I am just throwing this out here because I had a pain free (no head banging on desk) install, which is unusual for me and figured that this might help you out; its worth a try right ?

SusieCC. xoxo

Last edited by SusieCC on Thu 15 Mar 2012, 17:59; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Trying to make the tutorial more understandable)

SusieCC
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum