Start ALL over

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Start ALL over

Post by Simonevdaart on Sat 17 Mar 2012, 15:10

Hey everybody,

A couple of weeks ago I've deleted all of my Sims 3 games and expansionpacks because they never worked correctly. But I started to miss playing The Sims 3, so I decided to re-install the game and ALL of the expansionpacks. I carefully read this topic, but just because I really want to do it right and don't want to make mistakes, I just want to double-check. So, what I need to do, is just install the base game and ALL the expansionpacks, without replacing any cracks from #Cracks folders? Not even in the expansionpacks? And then I should download this (http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t752-the-sims-3-latest-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems) fix, and only replace the cracks from that file to the base game folder? And, I know I'm such a Noob, do I need to download anything else? Like other fixes or patches? ( Don't even exactly know what that means.. Embarassed )
Thanks a lot in advance, I really appreciate your helping!

Simonevdaart
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Start ALL over

Post by cumbria on Sat 17 Mar 2012, 15:53

Hi. Alll you need is the ultimate fix, once downloaded there is an instalation guide included in the rar file. Follow that step by step & you will be fine.

Most of the problems ocur with people not reading the instructions properly & trying to install the fix to the expension pack game bin instead of the Base game The Sims 3 game bin.

The only other thing you might need is the manual patch update 1.33, if you cant update your game through the game launcher.

cumbria
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows Vista

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 49

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Simonevdaart on Sat 17 Mar 2012, 16:10

Okay, so I just download and install the base game and all the expansionpacks, and before I download the Untimale Fix, I don't need to do anything with the cracks that come with every download? Because every expansionpack has their own cracks, right? I don't have to replace that cracks with the #Cracks files that are included with the download?

Simonevdaart
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistedMexi on Sat 17 Mar 2012, 16:15

Yes they all came with their own cracks, but they're not necessary if you have certain expansions installed. If you read the .pdf instructions that come with the fix, it explains that most of those steps are actually copying the original files back in case you used any cracks previously. So you want all legit files and then at the end of the ultimate fix you copy the crack included in the # crack folder to the base game's bin. No other cracks are needed.

TwistedMexi
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Simonevdaart on Sat 17 Mar 2012, 16:36

Okay, thanks a lot for your help! And (sorry for all the questions), does the installing-order matter? Or isn't there a right order to install all the expansionpacks?

Simonevdaart
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Sat 17 Mar 2012, 18:54

@Simonevdaart wrote:Okay, thanks a lot for your help! And (sorry for all the questions), does the installing-order matter? Or isn't there a right order to install all the expansionpacks?
Hello,

No, not really. The order isn't important any more. But if you want to be sure, you could follow this order: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Aɾყα on Sat 17 Mar 2012, 20:18

Hello,

And here's the manual patch in case you need it.

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)