Store Content

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Store Content

Post by jessikuh on Sun 18 Mar 2012, 16:56

I read the most recent post to see if there was anything that could help me, but not that I could see. :/ I've applied the fixes as they should be (eve the updated one for 1.33), but even though I download the Sims 3 Store content and it says it's downloaded, it doesn't show up in the launcher OR in game.

jessikuh
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Store Content

Post by Adwomin on Sun 18 Mar 2012, 17:13

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by jessikuh on Mon 19 Mar 2012, 00:32

I tried this, but unfortunately it did not work. Sad

jessikuh
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistedMexi on Mon 19 Mar 2012, 00:42

I found that it seems to have more success with the fewer items you try to install at once.

Also I found a fix on Mod the Sims that may be worth a try, but I can't post links here yet. The title of the forum thread there is "General/Other - Launcher/Sims3Packs not working after installing patch 1.8/2.3 or later? Look in here!"

TwistedMexi
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jessikuh on Mon 19 Mar 2012, 02:16

I can upload about 2 store items at a time and they'll stay, but to do ALL of them that way is going to be painstaking. D: But I did try your second suggestion; however, no difference, either.

jessikuh
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander on Mon 19 Mar 2012, 02:47

@jessikuh wrote:I can upload about 2 store items at a time and they'll stay, but to do ALL of them that way is going to be painstaking. D: But I did try your second suggestion; however, no difference, either.

It seem that the problem you are having is happening accross the board,which means that it is an EA patch issue; according to the information I have gathered it all boils down to the way that you got to update your game, if you were at 1.29 and manually patched to 1.31, you are ok. 1.32 removed the collections folder and did not replace anything. So, if you patched with the Super patcher to 1.32, you have the problem, if you dis the incremental, no problem. If you skipped 1.32 and patched to 1.33 Superpatcher, no problem.
If you fall into the problem categories, you need to uninstall your base game only. patch to 1.29 with the Super Patcher; do the incremental to 1.31, which will install the Showtime Features; skip 1.32 and do the 1.33; which does not add anything, but it doesn' mess anything either. After you are done apply the lates ultimate fix and you are done!
grieralexander
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord
Male Posts : 239

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jessikuh on Mon 19 Mar 2012, 03:10

Thanks for the advice! I think, for now... I'll just deal with it. I don't really want to go through the hassle of backing up and reinstalling all over again. But I do appreciate it. <3

jessikuh
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander on Mon 19 Mar 2012, 03:15

@jessikuh wrote:Thanks for the advice! I think, for now... I'll just deal with it. I don't really want to go through the hassle of backing up and reinstalling all over again. But I do appreciate it. <3

You are most welcome! I do hope the problems get solved soon
grieralexander
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord
Male Posts : 239

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistedMexi on Mon 19 Mar 2012, 04:55

Jessikuh, personally I was able to move ~100 sim3pack files in at a time with about 80% of the items showing up, so I would say do that for now so you can at least enjoy some of the extras. Sorry I don't have a better solution but like Alexander said, it's probably something EA is going to have to fix.

TwistedMexi
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum