Game crashes when opened.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game crashes when opened.

Post by LadyHails on Tue 20 Mar 2012, 05:23

I'm downloaded all the sims 3 games as they've been posted. I've never had a problem before installing Showtime. I haven't been able to play Sims 3 at all since installing Showtime. My launcher crashes when trying to install content, and my game is "not responding" when I try to play it.

I've applied the new fix, and the results are the same.

I've tried uninstalling Showtime and playing, but I can't play without it either. I've re-installed all the games, I've re-installed up to Showtime, I've tried just installing the Base Game and playing. Nothing works, I can't get it to work even long enough to get to game intro, and I can't install CC anymore.

I've tried everything I can think of: re-installing Showtime, re-installing all of Sims 3, I've moved all my CC to my Desktop, I've deleted all my mods, I've checked and re-checked system requirements, I've altered my Norton protection, I've changed my DEP (Data Execution Prevention), and updated my Direct X.

I just don't have anymore ideas. Please help.
LadyHails
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Elder Scrolls, Sims, Assassins Creed, Battlefield 3, Age of Empire, Mario Kart, Legend of Zelda, Pong, Pac-man, Sonic the Hedgehog, Legend of Spyro, Rampage, Animal Crossing, Brain Age, DotA, Borderlands, Left 4 Dead, Red Dead Redemption,
Female Posts : 8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game crashes when opened.

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Tue 20 Mar 2012, 10:56

Hello,

You may have these problems because of the superpatch. Try installing like this:

-Uninstall everything, either with youruninstallerpro (Can be downloaded here) and/or using Ccleaner after you finish uninstalling.
-Restart the pc, this is very important so don't skip it!

When you reinstall, you can disregard the obsolete installationguide's for the most part. No need to use cracks or patches.
All Games4theworld releases should be extracted with winRAR.

-Start by installing the base game.
-Now patch it to game version 1.29 with the superpatcher. It can be found here, size is 862MB.

-At this point you can decide to install everything except for Showtime, or you can patch to 1.31 first. It doesn't really matter which route you take at this point as long as you patch to 1.31 before installing Showtime.
-The incremental (small) patch for 1.31 can be found on the same page you got the 1.29 superpatcher. It doesn't really matter which one you use, you may have to change the SKU to match the region of the one you downloaded. How to do that is explained in the #Installation Guide of G4TW World Adventures and Outdoor Living stuff releases.

-After you've successfully installed everything, download the manual patch and the latest fix.
-Install the 1.33 patch you downloaded in the previous step.
-Look at the fix and open the #crack folder, these 2 files should be applied as specified in step 13 in the fix's installation guide.

If you have any questions about this, or things go wrong, don't hesitate to post and please keep us up to date on how it goes.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112