Black/Invisible/Resetting Sims.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Black/Invisible/Resetting Sims.[SOLVED]

Post by SpyderArachnid on Tue 03 Apr 2012, 04:33

I'm at the end of my rope here, with nowhere else to turn. I've searched everywhere for answers, and nothing is helping.

So I decided to start playing again. Updated to the newest patch, haven't downloaded anything new (mod wise). Basically, running the same game I was before, but with the new patch (1.33).

I went and made a brand new sim. Created perfectly, no issues or anything. BUT once I placed that sim on a lot, and switched to that household, the sim was completely black and in different clothes than what I gave them. So I tried it again. Same result. Completely black, completely different clothes, completely different features, everything changed.

So I heard that if it happens, that it is a messed up skintone, and it said after I move them in, to just change the skintone and remake them with the edit sim command. So I did that. Put them in a different skintone and went through the long process of remaking my sim all over again. Clicked the check mark, went back to the game, and everything was fine again. So I saved, closed out my game, and headed to bed after a long frustrating night.

So I log on today, start up the sims, see my save game and load it up. Now I'm getting a new issue.

My sim is now invisible.

I'm rather ticked as I just went through the long process of making this character twice already. And now my sim is completely invisible. So I read up on it. They said if this happens, to either teleport them around and they should appear, or just reset the sim and they should appear. So I did just that. I teleported my sim around, nothing. So I went to reset my sim......

Finally my sim shows up, but now a new issue arises. They appeared, but they are completely different now. They are no longer the sim I created. New look, features, clothes, everything. So resetting my sim basically just gave me a brand new sim that is nothing like the one I created. I did not want to go through the lengthy process of recreating my sim once again, cause I knew if I did, this would just happen again.

I have no idea why this is even happening. First I made a perfect sim without any issues, moved them in, and they turned black. Remade them with the edit sim command, and they were fine. Saved, exit, reload the game, now they are invisible. Reset the sim, now they are a completely different sim than what I made.

Rinse, repeat.

I don't know what to do. I haven't changed anything in my game, I haven't added anything new or removed anything either. Only thing different I have done is update to the new patch. Hell, I even reinstalled the game completely from scratch and am still getting the same results. I am on the verge of just saying screw this buggy game and deleting it permanently, but I really wanted to play it.

If anyone can give me any idea as to why this keeps happening, I would be much appreciated. I am so frustrated and ticked off at this game, that I just don't know what to do anymore with it. I've been browsing the web all day for an answer, and nothing has helped. Thanks for any help you can provide.
SpyderArachnid
Beginner
Beginner

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Survival Horror
Male Posts : 9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Black/Invisible/Resetting Sims.[SOLVED]

Post by invalidusername on Tue 03 Apr 2012, 05:49

You said you reinstalled from scratch. Does that include taking all of your mods and cc out? Because this could be caused by an incompatible mod, especially since you've said that you didn't change any of your mods or cc.
What patch level were you at before you updated?
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SpyderArachnid on Tue 03 Apr 2012, 07:19

I was at the patch just before 1.33.2. I've been keeping up to date with the patches, just installed this latest patch last night.

Yes I did remove all my CC and mods out when I reinstalled the game. But reinstalled them like usual after I reinstalled the game.

Thing is, I have never had this issue with any of my mods/CC before this new patch. Would be odd that my mods worked 100% in the patch previous to this one, then this small patch comes and destroys them.
SpyderArachnid
Beginner
Beginner

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername on Tue 03 Apr 2012, 08:07

Well I'd recommend playing without them once, and seeing if it helps. If it does, then you can go through and find the problem mod. If not, I'm sure Lady Eldi or Admin will have another idea. Smile
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SpyderArachnid on Tue 03 Apr 2012, 08:36

Well I finally figured out what the issue was. Kind of funny. Last time I posted here about an issue, I was able to solve it myself with trial and error. Just did it again. :p

It was caused by this mod:

cmar_XCAS_TattooLocations_V2
NRaas_MasterControllerExpandedTattoo_V75

For some reason using more than the original slots for tattoos was causing my sims to turn black and then invisible. After removing these mods, everything started working again normally.

So thanks for the assistance, but finally figured it out. Smile
SpyderArachnid
Beginner
Beginner

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername on Tue 03 Apr 2012, 08:57

Glad you managed to figure it out! Smile
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Tue 03 Apr 2012, 12:48

Hello,

Actually this happened because you had outdated mods, the mods themselves should work fine as long as they've been updated.
Good to hear the problem got solved though, don't hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.

Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15118

View user profile