csrss.exe [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

csrss.exe [SOLVED]

Post by biftekis on Fri 20 Aug 2010, 22:19

I was checking the running processes on my computer , when i spotted this program -> csrss.exe . I searched on the internet and it seems to be a trojan , allowing hackers to access my computer . I tried to stop the process , but it said : "This is a critical system process. Task Manager cannot end this process." So , what exactly is that program , and how can i remove it ? Any help on this issue would be useful.

Thanks.

biftekis
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: csrss.exe [SOLVED]

Post by Adwomin on Fri 20 Aug 2010, 22:44

Hello,

This process is not a Virus usually. It may contain a Virus, but normally not, since I have the process too and my system is clean. Do you think you have a Virus on your PC? Do you have an Anti Virus?

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by biftekis on Sat 21 Aug 2010, 00:40

I am using the Kaspersky antivirus , and i think my system is clean , i will run a full scan and get back to you. It just seemed weird , because i havent seen that process before ( or maybe i didnt notice )

biftekis
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narong30 on Sat 21 Aug 2010, 07:38

@biftekis wrote:I am using the Kaspersky antivirus , and i think my system is clean , i will run a full scan and get back to you. It just seemed weird , because i havent seen that process before ( or maybe i didnt notice )

What is csrss.exe?
A Microsoft Windows file stored in the c:\windows\system32 or c:\winnt\system32 directory that has the file description: "Client Server Runtime process." This file

Is this file a spyware, trojan, or virus?
The csrss.exe file included with Microsoft Windows is not spyware, a trojan, or a virus. However, like any file on your computer it can become corrupted by a virus, worm, or trojan. antivirus programs can detect and clean this file if it has become infected. Because this file is part of Microsoft Windows users should never delete or remove this file if they think it is infected, let the antivirus program handle it.

Actually, i just work on this stuff yesterday with Deygus_GuildMaster.
So, for more safety. Please download this stuff.
And Run it as adminstrator, then Scan now. If any infection. It'll clean itself. The software have been made by Kaspersky, specially design for detect root kit. Microsoft technical staff give this software to me yesterday, so it safe to use.

Thanks.

Narong Da Saratoga Of 30
     Forum Moderator

Áll official ® Games4theworld Downloads can be found on: http://www.games4theworld.org
® Games4theworld Twitter: http://twitter.com/games4theworld
Narong30
Forum Moderator
Taking care of the Forum
Forum Moderator Taking care of the Forum

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Call Of Duty ( 4,6 ) , Warcraft 3 frozen throne ( Dota )
Male Posts : 1392

View user profile http://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Bud on Wed 25 Aug 2010, 17:45

Yea, I had a msn virus and was thinking it was that then i checked my school computer and it had the same lol, Dont worry its supossed to be like that.

Admin edit: Problem solved, topic closed.

- ADMIN
Bud
VIP
VIP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum