Sims 3 Showtime error help!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Showtime error help!!

Post by Cleo889 on Mon 25 Jun 2012, 14:53

Another problem.

I started to install the Sims 3 Showtime, it told me I needed to update my game, I had passed the code on the installing part so the game started to install with the update. The update worked! But many times before it hadn't. I then got the error during start up on the launcher, I fixed that! But then came the really bad problem, Show time won't install, I mean everytime I click on the game it will have the start up/installing loading screen for it. But it will then say do you want to uninstall this. It also tells me it might effect other expansions. I uninstalled all expansions and tried installing without other expansions to 'interfear' with the process and it said 'do you want to remove this apllication' or some thing like that. I click yes and it doesn't do ANYTHING. It keeps coming back up and in my programs show time is not there, in add or remove show time is there without the icon for show time. HELP!? Sad

I love the Sims 3.

Cleo889
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

Favourite games : Sims 3 Zoo Tycoon 2 Age of Mythology The Titan Roller Coaster Tycoon 2
Female Posts : 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Showtime error help!!

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Mon 25 Jun 2012, 16:06

Hello,

Please keep all problems in one topic, because they may be related. I'll close this one and we'll try to fix all your problems at once.

I have a feeling that your save game has become corrupted. That can happen when the saving process is interrupted, like what you described in your other post. You may be able to salvage most of your progress, by finding the yoursave.sims3.backup files in your saves folder and removing the .backup part, after removing the other one which is likely to have a .bad extension now.

As for this problem, I think it's a good idea to completely uninstall Showtime with youruninstaller pro (available from G4TW) and install it again.

Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15118

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cleo889 on Mon 25 Jun 2012, 16:43

I can't because like I said I already reinstalled my games losing all my games because I didn't back some up stupidly and I have no more saves and I already tried the .backup thing I'm pretty sure when I did have my saves.

Cleo889
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

Favourite games : Sims 3 Zoo Tycoon 2 Age of Mythology The Titan Roller Coaster Tycoon 2
Female Posts : 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Mon 25 Jun 2012, 21:58

Hello,

Just for future reference: How to backup your savegames.

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19210

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum