Where can I find my own customized content?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Where can I find my own customized content?

Post by Dracos66 on Thu 16 Aug 2012, 02:24

Sims3Packs (Store Items) released before the Pets expansion use a different file setup, if you will, than newer Sims3Pack files and can cause conflicts if they are not updated (RigFixed). The Program to fix these older CC (Custom Content) items is Called TSR RigFix or TSR Pets CC Bug Fixer and can be found HERE.

A lot of the popular content (about 30% so far) was re-released in newer store packs so if you have the older ones installed and you install a pack that has the newer version, or you install a single item that is duplicated in a pack of items you are also installing, it will cause both to conflict with each other causing anything from a simple not showing up in game to total game failure and crashing.

Some people still have Sims2 items around (I still have 80 GB or so of sims2 CC waiting till I can find another working version of the Sims2)and sometimes mix them in/up with Sims3 items, so it is not uncommon to make the mistake of trying to add sims2 items to sims3.

Any files that are conflicting need to be fixed or removed before you combine them into a larger single file, otherwise the problem(s) caused by the conflict will still plague you in game.

Hope this helps.

Dracos66
Posting Master
Posting Master

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Es_b on Fri 17 Aug 2012, 02:15

Hi,

http://www.thesimsresource.com/fixyourgame/step2

Do I need to do step 2.3 if i downloaded the fixed version of the Sims 3 Pets on your mediafire folder?
Es_b
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Fri 17 Aug 2012, 11:14

Hello,

Yes, do all steps needed.

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19210

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Es_b on Fri 17 Aug 2012, 18:30

Thanks for the help guys, this was great, but I couldn't manage to make all the .package files to work, some were missing, other corrupted, I can't spend so much time in it. As my new computer seems to be able to manage all of the CC when it's installed through the launcher, I guess I'll just do this way.

I've read somewhere that they're gonna update all the store content soon (with supernatural), so that it can appear as collections in the game... Are you afraid of that? Will the game still be compatible with the ones you've uploaded so far?
Es_b
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Fri 17 Aug 2012, 19:55

Hello,

I don't think EA will do something that will "break" all their previous content. No need to worry at this point. If necessary, we'll find a fix by then! Wink

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19210

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Fri 17 Aug 2012, 21:14

Hello,

They did that when Pets came out and it didn't cause major problems. Only minor annoyances.

Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15118

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 on Fri 17 Aug 2012, 21:27

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

They did that when Pets came out and it didn't cause major problems. Only minor annoyances.

LOL minor is putting a nice face on it. I spent several weeks going through and fixing pre-Pets CC Razz

The fun part I think will be when they release Seasons, different seasons means different shadow profiles if they implement it like it should be. Thankfully there are a few of us already experimenting with 3D item shadows and how they work with seasonal light changes.

Be what you are. This is the first step toward becoming better than you are.

Julius Charles Hare

How to install "The Sims 3" correctly: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
How to Patch The Sims 3 manually: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v157-fix-manual-patch
The Sims 3 Ultimate Fix: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems
All ®️ Games4theworld Downloads can be found on: http://www.games4theworld.org , and http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/
Dracos66
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 & 3
Male Posts : 573

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Fri 17 Aug 2012, 21:31

@Dracos66 wrote:
Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

LOL minor is putting a nice face on it. I spent several weeks going through and fixing pre-Pets CC Razz

The fun part I think will be when they release Seasons, different seasons means different shadow profiles if they implement it like it should be. Thankfully there are a few of us already experimenting with 3D item shadows and how they work with seasonal light changes.

I had some trouble with CC, but only few with store updates. All it took was replacing an item with a new one from buy mode.
I think I'll skip Supernatural in favour of Seasons though, so I won't have to fix my CC's twice. I don't have a lot of it though and I've made them into a single package since.

Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15118

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum