None of the worlds Install

View previous topic View next topic Go down

None of the worlds Install

Post by CharmedOne on Thu 30 Aug 2012, 14:19

Im reinstalling all of my sims 3 cc and it saya that they are installed but when I use the drop down menu they are not there. This is the most frustrating game I have ever played, although you guys help ease some of the frustration because you are always willing to help and you guys are always right. I clear my caches everytime I exit the game with the sims 3 repair utility but my worlds are still not installed. Im going to try a manual uninstall will let you know if this helps, but as of now I need help!

CharmedOne
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 48

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: None of the worlds Install

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Thu 30 Aug 2012, 14:27

//MOVED

Hello,

Do you clear all the caches, or just the 4 files in the The Sims 3 folder?
Try clearing the folder InstalledWorlds.

Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15118

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CharmedOne on Thu 30 Aug 2012, 18:59

I manually uninstalled as per your post here http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t2208-sims3pack-installed-world-inaccessible-or-wont-install-fix#13789. I guess the repair utility is not working because my game has been acting super wonky lately and this is my third time reinstalling all the cc I have associated with this game. I am going to bookmark that post so that I will remember which files need to be deleted. Now my question is must I reinstall the cc I already had in the game. If so not a prob because I only got 2000 plus pieces of 20,000 installed so it won't take me as long. I know lotta cc which in part screws with my game sometimes, but many of my problems you guys always have a solution. I figure Ill get to play my game eventually, I check to make sure everything is working after every 600 pieces are installed. And I got a system where i install 200 at a time from a separate folder so i don't double install. So now I will try re installing everything, I will keep you informed if I have any other problems. I have the fix for the store content as well so before I install the junk I'm going to install the world files first. I wondered why when i re-installed it kept telling me the package was already installed. DUH! But Thanks so much for the help I really appreciate this site and all you guys do for us simmers!

I re installed just the worlds and the fix, and guess what works great so far! I just have a question. I removed everything like you said but now when I go back to reinstall there are items already installed, should that not have been removed when I deleted DCBackup? In any case I will try to install the files listed without the installed status icon.

Last edited by CharmedOne on Thu 30 Aug 2012, 20:37; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Installed worlds are now working and listed in game drop down)

CharmedOne
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Thu 30 Aug 2012, 21:50

Hello,

It should've been, but it isn't necessarily a problem unless it becomes one. Please let us know the final result.

Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CharmedOne on Sun 02 Sep 2012, 19:45

So far so good. I've installed 4,717 sims 3 pack files, and I have 1,023 package files already installed. I run the game from the bin folder after I install 600 sims3package files 200 at a time. All the worlds that i have installed so far are working. I'm trying to see exactly how much I can actually get installed by the time you guys release the new fix, and Supernatural. So as of now I have 7,354 more items left, not accounting for the ones that won't install for whatever reason, i will let you know the final count as soon as I am finished. Maybe it'll help you to help sum of us simmers who love custom content. I do plan on removing all that I don't use but that is once I get all of it installed choose the world I'd like to begin playing in, and either build, or put custom lots in the world. I'll let you know once I get to that step. I'm trying now to build a home that has everything for your sim so that way you won't miss the hours of sum of the rabbit holes need to gain skills. I'll let you know how that goes too. Well back to installing CC. I'll keep you guys posted!

CharmedOne
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Sun 02 Sep 2012, 20:40

Hello,

Wow that is a lot of CC!

Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 on Sun 02 Sep 2012, 23:03

Holy penguin droppings Batman!!! And here I thought I liked having a ton of CC for my games. The most CC I install in one game is around 800 - 900, once I get there I use AnyGameStarter to create a new game profile.

I would love to know the size of your Sims 3 game folder, especially with that many sims3packs installed. Very Happy

Be what you are. This is the first step toward becoming better than you are.

Julius Charles Hare

How to install "The Sims 3" correctly: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
How to Patch The Sims 3 manually: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v157-fix-manual-patch
The Sims 3 Ultimate Fix: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems
All ®️ Games4theworld Downloads can be found on: http://www.games4theworld.org , and http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/
Dracos66
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 & 3
Male Posts : 573

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CharmedOne on Mon 03 Sep 2012, 02:03

So far my folder is 38.7 gigs. I went out and brought a new internal 2tb hd so that I can have enough room for my sims. I'll have a complete total by the end of the week. First to install all cc, next to get create a world working so I can then put all that cc to use. But that is a post for a new thread!

CharmedOne
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Mon 03 Sep 2012, 16:58

@CharmedOne wrote:So far my folder is 38.7 gigs. I went out and brought a new internal 2tb hd so that I can have enough room for my sims. I'll have a complete total by the end of the week. First to install all cc, next to get create a world working so I can then put all that cc to use. But that is a post for a new thread!
Woaaah! That is the size of: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 ? Shocked

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19210

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Mon 03 Sep 2012, 19:27

LOL mine isn't even 10 GB. It was 20, but then I realized I still had the CCmagic folder in there but last time, I installed my sims3packs with the launcher.

Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CharmedOne on Mon 03 Sep 2012, 19:38

It's bigger now, Im about to test run the game to make sure it is running correctly, If not I will have to go back and uninstall some things but I took a picture of the properties of the C:// Documents/EA..... folder it is almost 44 Gb., and still growing, I still have 4573 more pieces to go!

As of today 9/5 only 570 more pieces left to install of the original cc I have. I mad because I just downloaded in the last 2 days while re installing my old pieces I found 793 more things I'd like to have in my game. I may never get finished. LOL But im done dl anymore cc for this game at this rate I'll never get to play.

CharmedOne
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content