Sims 3 Crashes to Desktop. [CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Crashes to Desktop. [CLOSED]

Post by violetdark on Fri 03 Dec 2010, 04:41

Alright I hate for my first post on a forum to be a cry for help, but I did a little digging through the forums, and tried the handy dandy search function, and couldn't find anything relating to my problem.

Now I downloaded a collection of all the Sims 3 and expansions, not from this site but through another uploader on the piratebay. I unfortunately cannot find the file I downloaded otherwise I would provide a link for reference. Originally, I could play the Sims 3 base perfectly fine, with graphics up, without a problem, I meerly mounted the game to daemon tools and away it went without a hitch.

Confident, I attempted to install the expansions. Well after they were all installed, from WA to LN, I recieved a 'cd not found error' when I attempted to load them through daemon tools. This is not my first rodeo so my first conclusion, "Well I just need to download some cracks for the game." And I happened upon this sites file in the bay.

Once downloaded I looked through the instructions, uninstalled the games - much to my girlfriends dismay who lost her family, redownloaded the copies I had through daemon tools and followed the instructions to place the cracks, even making sure I was up to date through the launcher, originally we had simply unplugged the internet to play to keep the game from tattling on us.

Now we come to the actual meat of the problem. I could leave game running till doomsday paused, I do believe it sat paused as I built a newhouse for about three hours, but not a few seconds after entering live mode, I instantly dropped to the desktop. No error message, no warning.

I attempted to turn down the graphics, setting to nothing in the belief it might be a vidcard problem. This seemed to work, I experienced no crash in live mode for about a few minutes. Misjudging my success I went to work recreating my girlfriends lost sims. Shortly after about fifteen minutes of recreation, entering into live mode, I was instantly met with the exact same harsh sudden drop to the desktop when I attempted to use the pause button.

At this point I am at a complete loss of how to fix this. I am currently in the process of downloading all of the sims 3 files offered by this site, though I am staring at a considerable investment in time through this option, with no garauntee of a different outcome.

If anyone has any idea of what might have happened or how to fix it, please do share. I'm about to starting pulling out hair at this rate.

UPDATE 04/12/10

After a day of downloadning, reinstalling, uninstalling, restarting, reinstalling... I am still expeirencing the exact same problem!!!

I have downloaded the copies, from this site... I followed the instructions to the letter, I expierenced a few errors of note. One, when installing World Adventures, the files in crack folder 3 gave me an error called gorrilla something, I ignored it and moved on. Should I have skipped steps 2 through 6 in the installation guide?

Secondly, when I go to load Late Night adventures, I recieve a warning that I have tampered with the files and it may crash, which to me sounds more like a sneaky way of EA saying ha ha caught you.

Third, out of the three towns available, Bridgeport takes an extra ten seconds to crash compared to the other two towns, and originaly made me think I had succeeded only to drop me to the desktop with a fresh round of swearing.

I will attempt another round of musical sims soon, for now, I am far too angry and burnt out to try again at this moment. If anyone has any suggestions or thoughts please feel free to share them.

Last edited by violetdark on Sun 05 Dec 2010, 00:44; edited 1 time in total

violetdark
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Crashes to Desktop. [CLOSED]

Post by Adwomin on Fri 03 Dec 2010, 19:06

Hello,

Please, don't pull out your hair, just be patient.

So, first of all I recommend you Update your Graphic Card's drivers. (This has nothing to do with your problem though, but it's always good to have the latest version of the drivers, since everything will run more smoothly)

After that, please do the following, since this is an EA problem:

1. Completely uninstall The Sims 3 All expansions.
2. Restart your PC.
3. Reinstall The Sims 3. DO NOT APPLY THE CRACKS!
4. Install WA.* DO NOT APPLY THE CRACKS!
5. Install HELS.* DO NOT APPLY THE CRACKS!
6. Install Ambitions.* DO NOT APPLY THE CRACKS!
7. Install Fast Lane Stuff.* DO NOT APPLY THE CRACKS!
8. Install Late Night.* DO NOT APPLY THE CRACKS!
9. Update the launcher to the latest version.
10. Apply these updated Cracks: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/fixes-f18/the-sims-3-latest-cracks-download-t656.htm
11. The Game should work fine now.

* = Optional

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by LordTyranny on Thu 09 Dec 2010, 08:29

ok i have same problem and did the above and it still crashes. it warns me that i have "unofficial game mod"and that it will crash do you wont to continue?
so please tell me how to fix it

LordTyranny
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Thu 09 Dec 2010, 16:42

LordTyranny wrote:ok i have same problem and did the above and it still crashes. it warns me that i have "unofficial game mod"and that it will crash do you wont to continue?
so please tell me how to fix it

Hello,

Did you add / Download any mods and/org custom content for the Game?
Did you do everything exactly as described above?

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series

Back to top Go down

Post by LordTyranny on Thu 09 Dec 2010, 23:10

i took out all downloaded custom contents,deleted and reinstalled all my games.and copy/pasted cracks into the areas described.run the game and crash!

//EDIT

i originally had base game and adventures installed and it ran good, unless i tried to install another expansion then crash. but i would like to play all expansion. im a sims fan having both sims 1 and 2 installed,but with all the problems im having with sims 3 im getting pissed at sims!

LordTyranny
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Sat 11 Dec 2010, 12:21

Hello,

Please don't get pissed at The Sims 3, just be patient. If you want something for free, you just need to be patient.

Maybe this problem is caused by our "new" cracks, since some people reported that these cracks are out-of-date. As soon as I've got the new Cracks, I'll upload them on the Forum.

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by LordTyranny on Sat 11 Dec 2010, 20:14

THANK YOU

//EDIT

question couldnt i just update to the point of the cracks?

LordTyranny
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Sun 12 Dec 2010, 11:51

LordTyranny wrote:THANK YOU

//EDIT

question couldnt i just update to the point of the cracks?

Hello,

What do you mean?

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by LordTyranny on Mon 13 Dec 2010, 09:42

update the game to the same version as the cracks,or is that possible

LordTyranny
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Mon 13 Dec 2010, 18:04

Hello,

Yes, you could try that using a manual Update. Google something like "The Sims 3 [The Crack's version] from [Yourgameversion]"

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by LordTyranny on Tue 14 Dec 2010, 21:13

i tryed that . downloaded the update and it says its the wrong one for the game lol. i guess ill just wait till i get the one from yall. i wont to thank yall for helping me with this ,yall are the only ones that are.

LordTyranny
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Wed 15 Dec 2010, 13:24

Hello,

OK, please keep an eye on the Forum, as we'll come with a fix soon.

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum