Launcher Has Stopped Working? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Launcher Has Stopped Working? [SOLVED]

Post by SimCraz3D on Thu 06 Sep 2012, 18:38

Hi, I just downloaded the sims 3 supernatural torrent from kat.ph yesterday and tried to install it today and have ran into numerous problems. A couple of days before when I went to go and play my game I noticed that there was a new update out and I began to update my game. So I started feeling a little uncomfortable with it so I starting searching to see if it was ok to update and found a forum here saying it wasn't so I immediately ended the updating and the game still worked perfectly after this. So when I went to install supernatural today a window popped up saying that the game needed to be updated to the latest version before installing and then went on to ask me if I wanted to update so I did. After updating the installation went on smoothly. After the installation I went to play the game and got the dreaded "no game disc found" error. I had already had the ultimate fix installed so I wasn't sure what to do at this point. I decided to uninstall the game and then I found a folder in the zip folder that had the manual update so I used it despite the fact that I had already updated thinking it would make a difference. I re-installed the game applied the cracks,then I re-downloaded the ultimate fix and applied the crack for the supernatural, katy perry sweet treats, showtime, etc.... and first I got the "no game disc found" for showtime then after re-applying the cracks I got the sims 3 launcher has stopped working. I have heard that you can play the game without the launcher but I prefer to use it if possible since I do have custom content installed. I also have mods but I removed them all from my mods folder and into a folder on my desktop but still the launcher is not working. Is there anyway I can fix this?

P.S: I'm sorry if this isn't in the right place. I am new to the forum.
SimCraz3D
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 38

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Launcher Has Stopped Working? [SOLVED]

Post by Adwomin on Thu 06 Sep 2012, 21:54

//MOVED
Hello,

Please re-do these instructions first: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
DO NOT skip any steps and read carefully.

Please let us know the result afterwards!

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by SimCraz3D on Fri 07 Sep 2012, 00:23

Hi, Thank you for the quick response. Wow...lol. I found out that it was something very simple that I apparently thought I did but really didn't. I thought I applied the files from the #crack folder in the ultimate fix zip folder. After that the game launcher came back and the game started up fine. Thanks again for your help! Next time i'll make sure that part is done first.
SimCraz3D
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Fri 07 Sep 2012, 15:58

Hello,

I removed all your double-posts, please DO NOT double-post, but just use the "Edit" button on your post! Thank you.

Anything else we can currently help you with?

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series

Back to top Go down

Post by SimCraz3D on Fri 07 Sep 2012, 20:15

Okay....well I wasn't aware of that. I thought that double posting was saying the same thing. Had I known I would have never done it. I'll keep that mind. I have solved all of my issues at this time. Thanks.
SimCraz3D
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Fri 07 Sep 2012, 21:15

Hello,

We don't like the confusing "chatbox" style on the Forum, that's why we put it in the Forum rules. Very Happy

Glad to hear your problems are solved for now! Please do not hesitate to let us know if you run into any more problems!

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum