Sims 3 problems

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 problems

Post by neo6488 on Thu 06 Sep 2012, 23:52

Im having a problem installing the sims 3 with expansion packs. I am following the must read how to install the sims 3 correctly. I follow all steps and then get the message that There was an error during startup. Please see the log for more details.

After getting this message i tried the alternitive installation method and followed all instruction in the pdf am still getting the same error.

neo6488
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 problems

Post by kidrock2k12 on Fri 07 Sep 2012, 00:52

uninstall the base game then reinstall it again then try again see what happens
kidrock2k12
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : sims3,sims2,sims1,fifa manager 12,bus simulator 2012
Male Posts : 345

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by neo6488 on Fri 07 Sep 2012, 01:17

I completely removed sims 3 from computer. I then went into the registry and removed all traces of it, blocked through firewall, and reinstalled without installing origin.

Same problem

//EDIT

Wanted to update. I was apparently installing supernatural wrong. I remedied that and got it to the point where it was asking for my registration key. (had to enable through firewall to get to work)
I uninstalled supernatural and it seems to be working so may have to dl another copy of supernatural.

neo6488
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kidrock2k12 on Fri 07 Sep 2012, 01:49

yes u might have to try it again if it dont work the only other 1 that works real good is the FLT copy but really try this 1 of ghere again it should work
kidrock2k12
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : sims3,sims2,sims1,fifa manager 12,bus simulator 2012
Male Posts : 345

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Natalya on Fri 07 Sep 2012, 01:56

Where did you download your other Sims 3 games? I have all my Sims 3 gams downloaded from the official G4TW account on piratebay including Supernatural. It all runs very smooth, without crushes or many lags. Some ppl reported problems with supernatural but I am having none. Just make sure you install the supernatural properly like I did :

Backup you Sims 3 folder in my documents/electonic arts (move it to te desktop)
Then, download and apply the v 1.38 manual patch from here : http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v138-fix-manual-patch
After it is updated, install the downloaded Supernatural Expansion as described in the installation guide, WITHOUT using the cracks. Just open the .exe file, install it and you're done.
After installing the Supernatural, download the latest fix from here : http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems-updated (note: Only use the #crack folder in the fix, nothing else. Copy these 2 files (from the crack folder) in your install directory, usually :C then go to Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin and place them there by choosing yes when it tells you that they already exist and you got to replace them).
Finally, cut the Sims 3 folder you earlier placed on your desktop and place it back in: My Documents/Electronic Arts, after deleting a new Sims 3 folder that must have been created.

Try now and see if it works

Please take my poll for favorite Sims 3 creature : http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t6795-poll-favorite-sim-type#47880
And the poll for favorite Sims 3 Expansion and Stuff pack : http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t6796-poll-favorite-expansion-stuff-pack
Natalya
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, WWE 12, WWE 13, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Harry Potter games
Female Posts : 256

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Fri 07 Sep 2012, 21:32

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum