Game keeps crashing since Supernatural

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game keeps crashing since Supernatural

Post by publicmisc on Wed 12 Sep 2012, 08:25

Okay, I did fresh install of all the games in order. Everything was working through Sweet Treats. I didn't install Diesel nor plan to. Next day, I got Supernatural and installed and ever since it seems that it crashes every ten minutes or so (randomly) during the game. It just freezes and then I have to do a CTRL-ALT-DEL where I will see a screen saying that the game stopped working. I have to use the CTRL-ALT-Delete to close the game down and start it all over again.

In the Administrative Event Folder I found the following:

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 9/11/2012 10:53:19 PM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: BDRM
Description:
Faulting application name: TS3W.exe, version: 0.2.0.165, time stamp: 0x50171e18
Faulting module name: d3d9.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17514, time stamp: 0x4ce7b7b3
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000510f6
Faulting process id: 0x12a8
Faulting application start time: 0x01cd909c716ef327
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\d3d9.dll
Report Id: 269d194c-fc9e-11e1-a029-00238b7c9bc5

I have used the NO CD patch because it loads much faster than using CD. I have tried moving all the .exe files into the DEP folder and running - same issue. I have tried running as Administrator - same issue. I love the game but it's driving me nuts because once it freezes and I lose all my work it takes as you know, forever to restart. I have 4g of ram and am running WIN7. My DirectX is updated. I even play the game with my Vipre antivirus turned off. I've used a Cache cleaner, I have removed the Sims folder to allow it to reload, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, I have uninstalled and reinstalled my video card driver, I've used the DirectX tool and it says nothing is wrong although clearly there is something wrong withe the DirectX 3D according to the above logged event. I have one sim that is invisible, I have another that was stuck in bed and wasn't able to manipulate on the control panel with himself or other sims - removed him from household but the Z's are still in the bed, I'm overrun with Zombies even though I used the cheat on the mailbox to remove Zombies. I hope I have given enough information to have someone help me. Over at thesims3.com forum, this seems to be an extremely common issue since the 1.38 update and supernatural.

Last edited by publicmisc on Wed 12 Sep 2012, 21:54; edited 1 time in total

publicmisc
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game keeps crashing since Supernatural

Post by invalidusername on Wed 12 Sep 2012, 09:17

Do you follow all the instructions here? You obviously already said you have the correct expansions to be able to use the fix, but have you tried to use it?
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by publicmisc on Wed 12 Sep 2012, 21:49

invalidusername wrote:Do you follow all the instructions here? You obviously already said you have the correct expansions to be able to use the fix, but have you tried to use it?

Yes, I use the fix and the fix itself works but does not resolve my issues.

publicmisc
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername on Thu 13 Sep 2012, 02:16

Are you using that and the nocd mod?
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Clair-Chan on Fri 14 Sep 2012, 15:50

i have the same problem, tho i don't use a nocd mod/patch
for me i have installed all correctly and updated and used the ultimate fix.. but still the game crashes i can't even install worlds (riverview BB sunlit tides plus a few others etc) let alone any other CC from the store/exchange that was fine before, it has sometimes crashed my whole pc
i thought i had done something wrong so like OP i uninstalled everything and reinstalled even re dl supernatural and the fix in case i had a duff dl.. it still crashes with within minutes

Clair-Chan
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : sims 3.... atm.... :P
Female Posts : 16

View user profile http://clair1973.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Fri 14 Sep 2012, 21:11

Clair-Chan wrote:i have the same problem, tho i don't use a nocd mod/patch
for me i have installed all correctly and updated and used the ultimate fix.. but still the game crashes i can't even install worlds (riverview BB sunlit tides plus a few others etc) let alone any other CC from the store/exchange that was fine before, it has sometimes crashed my whole pc
i thought i had done something wrong so like OP i uninstalled everything and reinstalled even re dl supernatural and the fix in case i had a duff dl.. it still crashes with within minutes

Hello,

Please open a new topic. It'll be easier for us to keep track, and provide more personal support.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112