Sims 3 Is prompting me to download a store content update?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Is prompting me to download a store content update?

Post by OmgItsAlex on Fri 14 Sep 2012, 01:10

When I run The Sims 3 VIA Master Suite Expansion(not sure if this has any effect) it's prompting to download a Store Content Patch, I know with cracked games sometimes downloading updates can cause some pretty bad issues. I was wondering if this is ok to download, it seems when I try and hit No or Later it refuses to continue past it also. So like I asked, should I download it or is there something being released for this patch?

OmgItsAlex
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Is prompting me to download a store content update?

Post by t2sink on Fri 14 Sep 2012, 02:26

Store Content Patches are safe to download, only check against the store content, which it lacks checking further, and a correctly patched game would be hard to tell the difference between the real one, since there is nothing illegal about the cracks to bypass the cd's, so they don't want to code something that has no real chance of working.

(I'm fairly certain I saw one of Admin's post saying it was safe, reason I said it is, I'll find it and edit my post once I do)

Edit: Might have misread the actually manual patch for like 1.36/1.38 as the store content patch, but I was fairly certain I saw him post something about the Store Content Patch, more checking, will add another edit once I do a more in-depth search.

Edit 2: Also I have downloaded the store content patches, and haven't had any issues.

Last edited by t2sink on Fri 14 Sep 2012, 02:47; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added my Edit 2:)
t2sink
Godfather / First Lady
Godfather / First Lady

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4
Male Posts : 1079

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Is prompting me to download a store content update?

Post by invalidusername on Fri 14 Sep 2012, 06:07

The store updates are fine to install. Smile
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum