I cannot update

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I cannot update

Post by comedykid0909 on Sat 15 Sep 2012, 05:41

Noob
I have every expansion installed and working fine thanks to games4theworld of course. Now I try Supernatural. I have a Macbook and wish not to install Crossover to run the exe file you guys have provided in the torrent. I find an FLT torrent for Supernatural and download it. Everything in the install works fine but then it says:

"The Sims 3 Supernatural Compatibility error. The version of The Sims 3 installed is not updatable and is not compatible with The Sims 3 Supernatural"

So I close all that and go to the launcher to try and update it from there and that would not work. So i go to the "how to install the sims 3 correctly" post and get stuck on step 2. I have no idea how to "apply" it.

Thanks in advance
comedykid0909
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Movies, MLB The Show series, GTA series, Red Dead Redemption, The Walking Dead (the good one), Heavy Rain, the classic Mighty Morphin Power Rangers game
Male Posts : 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I cannot update

Post by Adwomin on Sat 15 Sep 2012, 10:32

//MOVED
Hello,

This error is usually caused by the base game.
Where did you get the base game from?

Ps. The Games4theworld version of the Supernatural torrent works just fine on a Mac, you just need to create a .DMG file out of the extracted .rar file manually.

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by comedykid0909 on Sun 16 Sep 2012, 04:23

Admin wrote://MOVED
Hello,

This error is usually caused by the base game.
Where did you get the base game from?

Ps. The Games4theworld version of the Supernatural torrent works just fine on a Mac, you just need to create a .DMG file out of the extracted .rar file manually.

It was a torrent from the pirate bay from Razor1911 i think it was. Well I would extract it but I do not get any sorts of a .DMG file
comedykid0909
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Movies, MLB The Show series, GTA series, Red Dead Redemption, The Walking Dead (the good one), Heavy Rain, the classic Mighty Morphin Power Rangers game
Male Posts : 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink on Sun 16 Sep 2012, 04:49

t2sink
Godfather / First Lady
Godfather / First Lady

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4
Male Posts : 1079

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum