Sims 3 updating and EP errors?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 updating and EP errors?

Post by insomniumm on Sun 16 Sep 2012, 06:53

Help
I'm seriously ready to kill myself. I've uninstalled and reinstalled for maybe 5 times total in the past few days and the problem was fixed (I just didn't update at all), but I recently downloaded the Supernatural expansion pack from here and now it says that my base game is not updatable and not compatible with the Supernatural EP.

All except, I can't update my Sims 3 because when I do, it tells me that I have made unofficial game modifications and the game refuses to work properly. I currently have Ambitions, Fast Lane Stuff, Generations, High End Loft Stuff, Late Night, Pets, and World Adventures--all installed in order. The problem mainly lies in after installing Generations and Pets--I tried uninstalling them all and updating before installing Generations and Pets too, but when I do that it tells me that the base game I have installed in more "recent than expected" and consequently the game refuses to work again.

So now I'm stuck in a precarious position and I have no idea what to do--I could just not update my Sims 3 game but that way I wouldn't be able to play Supernatural, and I really would like to. :c

(Also, my base game and all the other EPs except for Supernatural were bought from an online Chinese store for cheap and they most likely torrented it too--but all the expansions except for Generations and Pets come with the base game, so I can't reinstall them individually.)

insomniumm
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 updating and EP errors?

Post by t2sink on Sun 16 Sep 2012, 07:36

Have you tried the manual patch? http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems-updated

Sorry if it doesn't help, I'm not familiar with macs, so will have to wait for someone who knows their way around one to come one for more help.
t2sink
Godfather / First Lady
Godfather / First Lady

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4
Male Posts : 1079

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by insomniumm on Sun 16 Sep 2012, 08:14

Yep, I tried that one on maybe my 4th installation and uninstallation? Wat. Totally messed up my game files, not sure what went wrong. ): It gave me a bunch of errors when I tried starting Sims 3. And yeah, I hope so! I really want this mess up things fixed, haha. Thank you for replying!

insomniumm
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink on Sun 16 Sep 2012, 08:23

Can you post some of your errors?
t2sink
Godfather / First Lady
Godfather / First Lady

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4
Male Posts : 1079

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by insomniumm on Sun 16 Sep 2012, 08:34

What I can remember of the errors was that it was a serious one--when I clicked play in the launcher, the screen started flickering and then it totally went out. I don't remember exactly what was said, but I immediately reinstalled it after that happened--I mean, I've gotten numerous errors since my first installation, like debug, unofficial game modification, unknown error, incompatibility etc. but after using the mac fix the game just completely died and there was no way saving it except to reinstall or get the original TS3.exe and TSLHost.dll files.

insomniumm
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Sun 16 Sep 2012, 08:36

Hello,

The unofficial game modifications error can be caused by an outdated crack, or outdated mods. Both can be fixed easily.

Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15118

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by insomniumm on Sun 16 Sep 2012, 08:45

I haven't currently transferred any of my mods to my Sims 3 folder for fear of losing them, so if that's the case it must be an outdated crack--I'm guessing probably in either Pets or Generations, but what steps should I take to get them all updated and playable? :s

insomniumm
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn on Wed 19 Sep 2012, 17:52

Hi have you managed to solve your problem? If not, please try the following:

Please try these steps, while making sure it is a clean install. (All previous files uninstalled/removed. And old game data backed up.)

- Please try updating your base game from the launcher (only launcher, not the pop-up prompts)

If you face problems with the update, please consider downloading this base game instead:
thepiratebay[dot]se/torrent/5061019/The_Sims_3_(Mac__cracked

- After updating, check that your game version is updated to v1.38
- After that, install the expansion packs you want without applying any cracks. (In any order)
- After installing, make sure you have the latest Ultimate Fix downloaded. Unzip the file.
- Go to the "# Crack" folder and copy both files into you Game>Bin folder.

You should be able to play your game after this.
Do not worry about the instructions from base game telling you not to update it. The Ultimate Fix crack will fix it.

Btw, I'm asking you to update from the launcher since the manual patch does not seem to work for you.

Good luck!
Dieneryn
Posting Master
Posting Master

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs
Female Posts : 592

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum