How to install Sims 3 with or without EP's on Mac + DMG creating. (Mac final)

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: How to install Sims 3 with or without EP's on Mac + DMG creating. (Mac final)

Post by diehard on Mon 19 Nov 2012, 21:14

I tried doing sims 3 into a dmg file as said by you. But the installler says error reading certain files. WHat do i do. The files its getting an error w its
$INSTALLVOLUME/Support/Readme/cs/ctimne.txt

Pls tell me what i should do. second time i have installed it

diehard
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How to install Sims 3 with or without EP's on Mac + DMG creating. (Mac final)

Post by BluenanaH on Wed 05 Dec 2012, 13:20

Hello!
This post seems detailed and easy to follow. I still don't want to mess it up!

I do want to install an EP, so I thought I shouldn't do step 6. I wanted to update it as instructed in step 7 but a message popped up "There are no patches avaliable for download." I don't want to ignore a step and act on my own, I'm being extra careful.

Should I get back to step 6 or proceed?
Thank you.

BluenanaH
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by antiskub on Wed 05 Dec 2012, 22:02

BluenanaH wrote:Hello!
This post seems detailed and easy to follow. I still don't want to mess it up!

I do want to install an EP, so I thought I shouldn't do step 6. I wanted to update it as instructed in step 7 but a message popped up "There are no patches avaliable for download." I don't want to ignore a step and act on my own, I'm being extra careful.

Should I get back to step 6 or proceed?
Thank you.

You can use the manual patch to update your game:

PC version:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t3597-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v142-fix-manual-patch
"official" Mac version:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/549552.page

And yes it is advisable to patch fully and THEN install whatever expansion packs you want.
antiskub
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Favourite games : Curse of Monkey Island, SimCity 2000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by factory_boy on Sun 16 Dec 2012, 04:15

So I have a pretty basic question. Since I've already purchased the base game and I have a dvd for it, but I want to add on ep's. Would I need to uninstall and download a ripped version of the base game for all of this to work? Sorry if this is the wrong place to post, not sure where else to ask. :newfag:

factory_boy
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink on Sun 16 Dec 2012, 20:09

Your version will work fine, there isn't really a difference between the real version and the ripped version (If the ripped version is done correctly. (Ours for Mac for some reason doesn't seem to work correctly. Rolling Eyes ))
t2sink
Godfather / First Lady
Godfather / First Lady

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4
Male Posts : 1079

View user profile

Back to top Go down

HELP PLEASE

Post by kouko on Tue 25 Dec 2012, 06:50

Hi!! I followed all your steps STEP BY STEP but the game just doesnt want to start!! Help Facepalm I click on the app and the window of the sims appears saying that I'm not connected to internet then when I click on the start button the app stops working and op disappears Shocked ! Please telll me what to doo! :newfag: !!! I desintalled the game like 6 times and nothing has changed. Facepalm The Sims 3 plumbob

Last edited by kouko on Tue 25 Dec 2012, 06:56; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : picture)

kouko
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by antiskub on Tue 25 Dec 2012, 09:57

Kouko,

Can you play the game by bypassing the launcher?

Instructions:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=365310
antiskub
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kouko on Tue 25 Dec 2012, 19:38

antiskub,

No I can't play. when I click on the statrt button two The Sims Plumbob 1 appear in the dock and they quickly disappear.
I followed all the steps of the link you posted. I hadnt to change anything because it was already changed by itself.
ANd when I try to click on TS3.exe to start the game theres a message that appears and says: You can’t open the application “TS3.exe” because Microsoft Windows applications are not supported on OS X.

Last edited by kouko on Tue 25 Dec 2012, 19:46; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : link)

kouko
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kouko on Tue 25 Dec 2012, 20:44

antiskub,

before I copy the 2 files of crack this is the message that appears in the launcher saying that i'm not using an official version of Sims . please hellllpppppppp Help Facepalm Crying or Very sad Exclamation pale Foreveralone

kouko
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by antiskub on Wed 26 Dec 2012, 17:18

You are not supposed to launch the game from TS3.exe. You launch it just by clicking "The Sims 3.app", which is located wherever you installed it.
=====

Have you used the Ultimate Fix at the very end, after you have installed everything?
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

Make sure to follow the instructions closely; it should get rid of your authorization error.

(Sorry I haven't responded earlier; it was a holiday yesterday where I live Razz)
antiskub
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kouko on Wed 26 Dec 2012, 17:52

I tried the Ultimate Fix but still doesn't work !!
-I installed Sims 3
-I copied Info from the crack file into contents file
-Copied TS3.exe from the crack file into Bin file after I copied both TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll into Bin file (replace)
Nothing happens! When I click on the app the launcher window appears saying that I'm offline (no internet which can't be because I'm connected to internet but the launcher says the opposite) and when I click in the button of start the game the app closes! I had the game like 4 days ago but I had to delete it and now I'm trying to reinstall it but doesn't work!! Please please help meeeee Sad((((
And when I didn't copy the crack the launcher window says that I'M using an illegal version of the game and that I should buy the original one blabla Sad Help Facepalm
Merry Christmas Smile

kouko
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by antiskub on Wed 26 Dec 2012, 19:57

You only have the base game? Step 2 of the fix says "2. In order for this Fix to work, you need AT LEAST one of the following expansions: Seasons, Supernatural, Diesel Stuff, Katy Perry’s Sweet Treats, Showtime, Master Suite Stuff, Pets, Town Life Stuff, Generations!"

You can get any of these through G4TW torrents.

But before we get carried away with that:
- Where did you get your base game? Did you get it here?
- Can you post a picture, or just the file path, of where you are putting the crack in?
antiskub
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kouko on Thu 27 Dec 2012, 02:12

I got the game from pirates bay something like that. Here you have the screenshots.

But if the base game doesn't work then how the expansion are supposed to work?

kouko
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jatyro91 on Thu 27 Dec 2012, 09:31

For every .dmg file I made with disk utility it also made a "Disk Image" file. Do I need to do anything with these, or do I only use the .dmg?

jatyro91
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

Favourite games : Sims 3, WoW, Farcry 3, Call of Duty, Borderlands 1 & 2
Male Posts : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by antiskub on Thu 27 Dec 2012, 20:19

@kouko
Maybe try downloading a different crack file and see if it changes your situation? (You should be replacing both the info.plist and TS3.exe files.)

EDIT//
I now remember having a problem launching the base game back in the day; just got reminded of it!! Sorry I've been having a laggy brain all week Razz The issue for me was not having cider (the emulator that allows the game to run on Macs) start up for some reason, and I had to manually launch it myself. If you'd like to try that,
1. Do a clean uninstall of your game. Below is a tutorial on how to check if you have any preference files that should be deleted:
http://bluebellflora.com/ts3-on-a-mac/how-to-do-a-clean-uninstall-and-reinstall-on-a-mac-2
2. Install game
3. Apply crack
4. Manual patch
5. Go to: Applications/The Sims 3/Contents/MacOS/cider and launch your game from there

@jatyro91
When you create your .dmg, you should see a new disk appear under the "Devices" panel in the sidebar of your Finder. Click on that, use it to install your game, and unmount it when you are done & ready to play.

Last edited by antiskub on Fri 28 Dec 2012, 01:44; edited 1 time in total
antiskub
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jatyro91 on Fri 28 Dec 2012, 00:37

Just got mine finished and working. Just wanted to make a comment.

I followed the directions to the T, but at first it wouldn't work. I figured out that you need to use the mac ultimate fix completely, and follow those directions in full. Not just pay attention to the #crack folder like it says above.

jatyro91
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Problem with dmg file

Post by blaster4444 on Sat 29 Dec 2012, 07:35

Hey i'm having a problem with the dmg file for the sims 3 world adventures. I downloaded the game at the Games4theworld torrent
So it should work on a mac...

I unrared the file, then created the empty dmg file like said in the steps. After that, I copied the files of the EP's folder after a double-click on the folder. Then I pasted it in the dmg file. But when i tried opening the dmg file, it didn't open the installation program :/
I went in the devices where the dmg file is, but the files in the folder are still in .exe
Why?

Also I read in this topic that someone had the same problem and the answer was that his game wasn't compatible with mac. But the expansion i downloaded is compatible with mac, isn't it?

Can someone please help me?

Thank you

blaster4444
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jatyro91 on Sat 29 Dec 2012, 07:50

blaster4444 wrote:Hey i'm having a problem with the dmg file for the sims 3 world adventures. I downloaded the game at the Games4theworld torrent

I unrared the file, then created the empty dmg file like said in the steps. After that, I copied the files of the EP's folder after a double-click on the folder. Then I pasted it in the dmg file. But when i tried opening the dmg file, it didn't open the installation program :/
I went in the devices where the dmg file is, but the files in the folder are still in .exe
Why?

Also I read in this topic that someone had the same problem and the answer was that his game wasn't compatible with mac. But the expansion i downloaded is compatible with mac, isn't it?

Thank you

I'm not positive this is the answer, but I didn't try and run the dmg file. I copied the files into the .dmg file just like you did, but once they were in there I clicked the circular sims icon to run it, rather than try and run the entire dmg file. Try that.

jatyro91
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chickenluver on Sat 29 Dec 2012, 08:03

Very Happy This is absolutely truly amazing. =D Thank you guys so much. It worked!!!
Just follow the instructions everyone!!!!!!! Not kidding, they are wonderful ^______^ Thank you!!!!!

Instructions were really good. I'm just dumb but I eventually got it the second time! =)

Noob Hammertime :newfag: Laughing Rolling Eyes Razz I love you cheers lol!

chickenluver
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by blaster4444 on Sat 29 Dec 2012, 08:32

jatyro91 wrote:
blaster4444 wrote:Hey i'm having a problem with the dmg file for the sims 3 world adventures. I downloaded the game at the Games4theworld torrent

Why?

Thank you

I'm not positive this is the answer, but I didn't try and run the dmg file. I copied the files into the .dmg file just like you did, but once they were in there I clicked the circular sims icon to run it, rather than try and run the entire dmg file. Try that.

Did it work for you. Were you able to play the game?

blaster4444
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by blaster4444 on Sat 29 Dec 2012, 08:36

When I try to do like you said, it doesn't want to install. It says the installed version of sims 3 cannot be updated and is not compatible with Sims 3 world Adventures :/

blaster4444
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jatyro91 on Sat 29 Dec 2012, 23:10

Yeah, it worked fine for me. I have every expansion installed and it loads up. I haven't played it yet, just launched it and got all the way into a game so I'm pretty sure it works. The only other thing I can think of asking is if you got the sims 3 base game from reloaded? Or did you get it from g4tw. Because I know there are extra steps you need to take to get world adventures to work with g4tw's base game on PC, so I assume its the same for Mac.

jatyro91
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by blaster4444 on Sun 30 Dec 2012, 13:53

I got it from g4tw at first but they told me it doesn't play on mac. So i downloaded the sims 3 reloaded. Then i installed sims 3 adventures but it said that this game isn't compatible with sims 3. It's the same for sims 3 supernatural :/ How did you do to make your game play? Maybe i have to change the sku number, but i don't know how to do it on mac.

By the way, all the other add ons work so i guess the problem is with sims 3 WA and sims 3 supernatural...

blaster4444
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by antiskub on Sun 30 Dec 2012, 17:24

Why?

Thank you

You need to open a file on the .dmg called "The Sims 3 World Adventures Installer.app" (that's the mac version of the installer; ignore the .exe files)

If you run into errors with the installer, post them here.
antiskub
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kouko on Sun 06 Jan 2013, 00:34

Hii

I downloaded another time Sims 3 from Games4theworld.org and still doesnt work!!!!! Do you know how to uninstall it completely since all I do to delete the app is putting the app in the trash. I'm really desperate Sad

kouko
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by antiskub on Mon 07 Jan 2013, 22:00

kouko wrote:Hii

I downloaded another time Sims 3 from Games4theworld.org and still doesnt work!!!!! Do you know how to uninstall it completely since all I do to delete the app is putting the app in the trash. I'm really desperate Sad

To completely uninstall, use the application in your Sims 3 folder called Sims 3 Uninstaller.

Here is a detailed guide on how to do it:
http://bluebellflora.com/ts3-on-a-mac/how-to-do-a-clean-uninstall-and-reinstall-on-a-mac-2
antiskub
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheplague on Thu 10 Jan 2013, 06:03

I'm having the same problem with the dmg. I followed all the steps exactly but when I go into the dmg folder I click on "The Sims 3 Seasons Installer" and the icon comes up on my dock and just bounces then goes off. Nothing else comes up. I've also tried the other files but they're all .exe. (Downloaded Seasons from G4TW)

dantheplague
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum