How to install Sims 3 with or without EP's on Mac + DMG creating. (Mac final)

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: How to install Sims 3 with or without EP's on Mac + DMG creating. (Mac final)

Post by antiskub on Mon 07 Jan 2013, 22:00

@kouko wrote:Hii

I downloaded another time Sims 3 from Games4theworld.org and still doesnt work!!!!! Do you know how to uninstall it completely since all I do to delete the app is putting the app in the trash. I'm really desperate Sad

To completely uninstall, use the application in your Sims 3 folder called Sims 3 Uninstaller.

Here is a detailed guide on how to do it:
http://bluebellflora.com/ts3-on-a-mac/how-to-do-a-clean-uninstall-and-reinstall-on-a-mac-2

antiskub
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How to install Sims 3 with or without EP's on Mac + DMG creating. (Mac final)

Post by dantheplague on Thu 10 Jan 2013, 06:03

I'm having the same problem with the dmg. I followed all the steps exactly but when I go into the dmg folder I click on "The Sims 3 Seasons Installer" and the icon comes up on my dock and just bounces then goes off. Nothing else comes up. I've also tried the other files but they're all .exe. (Downloaded Seasons from G4TW)

dantheplague
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by antiskub on Thu 10 Jan 2013, 06:50

@dantheplague wrote:I'm having the same problem with the dmg. I followed all the steps exactly but when I go into the dmg folder I click on "The Sims 3 Seasons Installer" and the icon comes up on my dock and just bounces then goes off. Nothing else comes up. I've also tried the other files but they're all .exe. (Downloaded Seasons from G4TW)

And you are using Stuffit Expander to extract the file initially?
antiskub
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Favourite games : Curse of Monkey Island, SimCity 2000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheplague on Thu 10 Jan 2013, 23:51

@antiskub wrote:
@dantheplague wrote:I'm having the same problem with the dmg. I followed all the steps exactly but when I go into the dmg folder I click on "The Sims 3 Seasons Installer" and the icon comes up on my dock and just bounces then goes off. Nothing else comes up. I've also tried the other files but they're all .exe. (Downloaded Seasons from G4TW)

And you are using Stuffit Expander to extract the file initially?

Not using Stuffit was the problem! Thank you. I had a slight problem before but I got it fully working now. Very Happy

dantheplague
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bme101 on Mon 14 Jan 2013, 06:28

I have a very weird problem on mac with sims3 pets and late night, for example for sims 3 pets I followed the directions to create a dmg but upon installation the installer says the install will only take up 2.75 gigs buts pets is 4.43 gigs, I have no idea what happend?

bme101
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by seanh99 on Wed 16 Jan 2013, 17:40

i can't find the sims 3 crack file from games4theworld, where the info.plist file and the other two are.. help please

seanh99
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by seanh99 on Wed 16 Jan 2013, 17:52

@blaster4444 wrote:I got it from g4tw at first but they told me it doesn't play on mac. So i downloaded the sims 3 reloaded. Then i installed sims 3 adventures but it said that this game isn't compatible with sims 3. It's the same for sims 3 supernatural :/ How did you do to make your game play? Maybe i have to change the sku number, but i don't know how to do it on mac.

By the way, all the other add ons work so i guess the problem is with sims 3 WA and sims 3 supernatural...

i have the same problem but with every expansion :/

seanh99
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by alecsantamaria on Thu 17 Jan 2013, 21:53

@seanh99 wrote:
@blaster4444 wrote:I got it from g4tw at first but they told me it doesn't play on mac. So i downloaded the sims 3 reloaded. Then i installed sims 3 adventures but it said that this game isn't compatible with sims 3. It's the same for sims 3 supernatural :/ How did you do to make your game play? Maybe i have to change the sku number, but i don't know how to do it on mac.

By the way, all the other add ons work so i guess the problem is with sims 3 WA and sims 3 supernatural...

i have the same problem but with every expansion :/

Finally works for me!

first of all do a clean uninstall (read the comments on the page 3 of this post, the one with the bluebellflora link and open it)
1 install sims reloaded
2 install the manual patch
3 follow the instructions on this post
4 install the "mac ultimate fix" (follow the installation guide step by step)
5 at the step # 11 install again the manual patch and then crack it (steps 12 and 13 i think)
enjoy!

i have mountain lion installed (mac mini late 2012)
i hope works for you!

Alex

Last edited by alecsantamaria on Thu 17 Jan 2013, 21:56; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : incomplete information)

alecsantamaria
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by alecsantamaria on Thu 17 Jan 2013, 21:58

@seanh99 wrote:i can't find the sims 3 crack file from games4theworld, where the info.plist file and the other two are.. help please

you can find it at the Mac Ultimate fix

alecsantamaria
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kouko on Sun 20 Jan 2013, 06:30

Hi I have the exactly same problem!!!! But the game works untill I installed SHowtime and I did the crack exactly like it said in The Sims 3 Ultimite fix but when I click on the sims icon it says can't open for an unknown reason! HELPPP PLEASE

kouko
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by antiskub on Mon 21 Jan 2013, 07:37

@kouko wrote:Hi I have the exactly same problem!!!! But the game works untill I installed SHowtime and I did the crack exactly like it said in The Sims 3 Ultimite fix but when I click on the sims icon it says can't open for an unknown reason! HELPPP PLEASE

Does it say "unknown error occurred"? If so, try this: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t5363-fix-for-unknown-error-occurred
antiskub
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Favourite games : Curse of Monkey Island, SimCity 2000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kouko on Mon 28 Jan 2013, 11:26

hi soo I uninstalled he whole game and reinstall it. the launcher says that IM offline but the game works and sometimes it crushes.. ??! what do I do Sad why does it kep sayiing that Im offline

kouko
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Valiedhiel on Mon 18 Feb 2013, 03:37

Hi,
I've registered just to thank you ! I found this site via name of the torrent file I've downloaded and I can honestly say that this is the BEST site EVER ! Smile Thanks for the games and great support Smile
Valiedhiel
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3,World of Warcraft,Homefront 2,Call of Duty,Batman: Arkham Asylum,Diablo,Warcraft 3,League of Legends
Female Posts : 28

View user profile http://efnansekeroglu.com, http//simsyardim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by do31var1 on Fri 01 Mar 2013, 02:56

I get a 'disk authorization failure' after clicking the play button, Im pretty sure I followed all of the instructions to the T, except for the installation of the sims 3 base game, I already had it installed and have been playing for months. help?

do31var1
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Valiedhiel on Fri 01 Mar 2013, 06:18

Have you used "Ultimate Fix"? I got the same error before I cracked my game with it. You can find it at the Mac support section Smile
Valiedhiel
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3,World of Warcraft,Homefront 2,Call of Duty,Batman: Arkham Asylum,Diablo,Warcraft 3,League of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunaaa on Fri 08 Mar 2013, 19:16

Can you delete the .dmg files afterward? Cause they take up space...
Lunaaa
Beginner
Beginner

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Portal 2, Sims 3, Halo 4
Female Posts : 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by liedusername on Sat 09 Mar 2013, 14:33

Hi!! I just tried installing The Sims 3 University Life and in the installation after I popped the serial number it said I was using a non-updatable Sims 3 version and closed ._. what can I do?

liedusername
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Valiedhiel on Sat 16 Mar 2013, 15:24

@Lunaaa wrote:Can you delete the .dmg files afterward? Cause they take up space...

Yes,you can delete them. However,if you have an external HDD,move .dmg files into that. It is good to keep them somewhere. You won't need to download them again and again if a problem pops up ^_^

@liedusername wrote:Hi!! I just tried installing The Sims 3 University
Life and in the installation after I popped the serial number it said I
was using a non-updatable Sims 3 version and closed ._. what can I
do?

Same here Sad I'm trying it again and again. I'll share it here if I find a solution. Right click on "the sims 3",click on "show package contents".Find info.plist and tell me your base game version,which is under the ClientBuild. If it is 1.48,You can use admin's solution here : http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t3597-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v150-fix-manual-patch
Valiedhiel
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by nikki09815 on Sun 21 Apr 2013, 23:36

Ok, I followed every single instruction for installing the base game. It installed but when I tried running it, it won't load. The start up screen comes up, but when I press play, it just disappears. It's not even in the activity monitor.

I went into my applications, deleted the application and tried installing it again and it is doing the same thing. Can someone tell me how I can fix? Thanks.

nikki09815
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

PLEASE HELP

Post by nikki09815 on Mon 22 Apr 2013, 18:41

@antiskub wrote:@kouko
Maybe try downloading a different crack file and see if it changes your situation? (You should be replacing both the info.plist and TS3.exe files.)

EDIT//
I now remember having a problem launching the base game back in the day; just got reminded of it!! Sorry I've been having a laggy brain all week Razz The issue for me was not having cider (the emulator that allows the game to run on Macs) start up for some reason, and I had to manually launch it myself. If you'd like to try that,
1. Do a clean uninstall of your game. Below is a tutorial on how to check if you have any preference files that should be deleted:

2. Install game
3. Apply crack
4. Manual patch
5. Go to: Applications/The Sims 3/Contents/MacOS/cider and launch your game from there

@jatyro91
When you create your .dmg, you should see a new disk appear under the "Devices" panel in the sidebar of your Finder. Click on that, use it to install your game, and unmount it when you are done & ready to play.

Sorry, I know this was posted a long time ago, but I was hoping maybe you can still help. I did all of this and the launcher finally stopped quitting on me, but now when I try to press play and launch the game, it says the disc can not be found. I tried unmounting and remounting the iso but it is still happening.

Can anyone help?

nikki09815
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anon on Thu 25 Apr 2013, 14:47

Hi, i followed all the instructions step by step but when i go to play it says that i don't have a disk inserted. Does anyone know what I've done wrong. Help me please Smile

Anon
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

serial number

Post by me32 on Fri 03 May 2013, 19:00

maybe I'm just, but I can't find the file with "# instructions" or a serial number in my downloads...
I downloaded all the EPs from freegamesaim

me32
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe on Fri 03 May 2013, 20:12

@me32 wrote:maybe I'm just, but I can't find the file with "# instructions" or a serial number in my downloads...

Hello,

We only offer support for G4TW downloads. For a good and clean installation, please use G4TW downloads. If you need any help, please feel free to contact us after doing a good search.

Super Spammer

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo
Female Posts : 783

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Fri 03 May 2013, 20:16

@me32 wrote:maybe I'm just, but I can't find the file with "# instructions" or a serial number in my downloads...
Hello,

Just send me a PM and let me know for which The Sims 3 games you need a serial number. I'll then send you the needed codes.

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19210

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by simbob on Wed 08 May 2013, 08:29

Hello. (I hope I'm in the right area for this sort of question. I didn't feel it was necessary to create an entirely new thread considering it is technically based on this one.) But to my point.. once you've successfully installed the Base Game and desired expansion packs and you've applied the cracks, etc.. are you allowed to delete the .rar files for the games you've torrented and the .dmg files you've mounted? I'm just wondering because I don't exactly know the process of how everything works without a physical CD and such. Thanks!

simbob
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe on Wed 08 May 2013, 10:45

Hello Simbob,

Yes, you can delete the .rar files or .dmgs right after you installed the games you want. But I suggest you to keep them somewhere, as we can encounter with a problem in game and sometimes we need to reinstall. If you have a external hard disk, you can save them there.

And please do not hesitate to ask if you have something in your mind.

Welcome to the forum Smile

Super Spammer

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo
Female Posts : 783

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rokof on Fri 10 May 2013, 19:23

Hey guys I downloaded a stuff pack from you and i did all the steps but I couldn't get it to work, then i noticed it was because I had used the unarchiver instead of Stuffit to expand it, so i downloaded it and tried expanding it but it says "The Stuffit Engine was unable to determine the file format". What can i do to unrar it?

Rokof
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum