Quick Download/Installation Question

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Quick Download/Installation Question

Post by KeeWee on Fri 05 Oct 2012, 14:54

Hi everyone!

I've purchased The Sims 3 base game and Generations EP (along with a few SP) from Origins, and I'd like to download the rest (since I feel like EA are burning a hole in my bank account and I'm sadly addicted to simming).

My question is this: since my game directory is under "Origin Games" in my program files, should I use a typical installation and let it setup a new "EA Games" (or whatever) directory or use costum installation and change it to the "Origin Games" directory? Will my games appear in the launcher even if they're not under the same directory?

Thanks y'all!
KeeWee
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Quick Download/Installation Question

Post by t2sink on Fri 05 Oct 2012, 19:09

A Typical installation will work, the game doesn't care where they are installed as long as they are installed. But taking the little bit extra time to change the directory isn't a bad thing, keeping all The Sims 3 stuff together is useful when applying the cracks/fixes, since you'll needed to remember what folder they are in when applying cracks/fixes.
t2sink
Godfather / First Lady
Godfather / First Lady

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4
Male Posts : 1079

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum