The Sims3 Launcher Has Stopped Working Error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims3 Launcher Has Stopped Working Error

Post by princessneptune on Sat 06 Oct 2012, 01:39

So I recently Installed The Sims 3 Base Game from TPB and it works perfectly fine. The only issue I have is with the launcher (I didn't see a thread dedicated to this specific issue, so forgive me if this is a repeat). When attempting to open the Launcher from computer/programs(x86)/electronic arts/the sims3/ an error window immediately pops up with: The Sims 3 Launcher Has Stopped Working.

Now everything I have is up to date, (adobe flash, divx, etc) but I'm not sure if my version of the Sims 3 is. I have no way of telling which version it is because I can't get the launcher to open.

Do I need to apply the fix before trying to open the launcher? Do I need to install an expansion (I have Generations and Super Natural. SN won't install until I update the game.) ?

How can I update the game when the launcher won't open? I do have the Up to date Ultimate Fix downloaded and I also have the Manuel Patch downloaded. Any suggestions?

EDIT: I'll just uninstall everything and start over again. I think I know what I did wrong!

Last edited by princessneptune on Sun 07 Oct 2012, 04:36; edited 3 times in total
princessneptune
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows Vista

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 2

View user profile http://niggau.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims3 Launcher Has Stopped Working Error

Post by Aɾყα on Sat 06 Oct 2012, 11:36

Hello,

You don't need the launcher to use the manual patch, if you download and click it, it'll start updating your base game.

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15105

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by princessneptune on Sun 07 Oct 2012, 05:39

Okay so I just re-installed the base game *which i got from your website this time! yay!* and yes, i TRIED to follow the guide to installing the sims 3 correctly but unfortunately that does not work for me.

The instructions said: Install The Sims 3 and all expansions you like, but install AT LEAST one of the following expansions: Supernatural, Diesel Stuff, Katy Perry Sweet Treats, Showtime, Master Suite Stuff, Pets, Town Life Stuff, Generations.* (You may skip all the "# Crack" folders. You DO NOT need to use any "# Crack" folders!)

The bold'd and underlined part is where I get stuck.
I cannot install ANY expansions because a window pops up with: THE SIMS 3 BASE GAME MUST BE UPDATED BEFORE THE INSTALLATION CAN CONTINUE.

My question is: Do I run the Ultimate Fix or Manual Patch BEFORE installing any expansions? Seeing as how I cannot install expansions without updating the base first?

princessneptune
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows Vista

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 2

View user profile http://niggau.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink on Sun 07 Oct 2012, 06:13

You should be able to update the base game and everything without doing anything to the files. So if prompted for a update, do the update, if you can't manage to do the update, let us know.

The game is the original, the only changes are when you apply the fix at the end, which allows the game to run without a disc.
t2sink
Godfather / First Lady
Godfather / First Lady

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4
Male Posts : 1079

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aɾყα on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 10:25

Hello,

Or install the manual patch right after the base game, that way you're not asked to patch again. I'd recommend doing the patch again when you finish installing everything though, before using the crack.

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)